Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XI - McKay. Goldstein. Gresham. Duursma!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder whether the additional makeweight to crack it open might be Jack Billings.

We pay Shiel’s salary, we take on Billing’s salary in full, maybe a pick, we end up with a first rounder.

Would in essence mean we’re giving the Saints a million bucks for a first rounder.

The only part of the St Kilda deal that nmakes no sense is Scott bemoaning the fact we have no depth of leadership and experience, while at the same time shopping Shiel. Bringing Gresham in doesn't cover that loss. Goldstein might have, but that's now moot.

The only part of the St Kilda deal that nmakes no sense is Scott bemoaning the fact we have no depth of leadership and experience, while at the same time shopping Shiel. Bringing Gresham in doesn't cover that loss. Goldstein might have, but that's now moot.
Shiel isn’t exactly a leader
Might be an older player with games experience but he’s not a leader

Shiel isn’t exactly a leader
Might be an older player with games experience but he’s not a leader
He leads by example on the track, in recovery and off the field through his professionalism.
By trading him out and bringing in a draft pick, we bring in a player who needs to be led by example on the track, in recovery and off the field through demonstrations of professionalism, lest they become one of the party boys.

He leads by example on the track, in recovery and off the field through his professionalism.
By trading him out and bringing in a draft pick, we bring in a player who needs to be led by example on the track, in recovery and off the field through demonstrations of professionalism, lest they become one of the party boys.
DeGoey is a party boy and he goes alright!!

DeGoey is a party boy and he goes alright!!
But Collingwood overall have a pretty strong leadership that keeps most in check. The odd one is always out there . THough I think he also got a bit of a wake up call and made a change too.

Where for years our leadership/culture has been pretty poor.

I wonder whether the additional makeweight to crack it open might be Jack Billings.

We pay Shiel’s salary, we take on Billing’s salary in full, maybe a pick, we end up with a first rounder.

Would in essence mean we’re giving the Saints a million bucks for a first rounder.
No thanks

The "collusion" one kills me. It's trade period ffs.

I’d love to see a ‘Essendon and Carlton have colluded to swap Andrew Phillips for a future fourth round selection’ headline, real Woodward and Bernstein stuff.

I don’t think we lose much with shiel going though leader wise. He may be a professional but I’m happy for him to move on.
The leaders now are merrett, Redman, ridley, langford, Mcgrath. Those are the guys who are going to drive the club forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think we lose much with shiel going though leader wise. He may be a professional but I’m happy for him to move on.
The leaders now are merrett, Redman, ridley, langford, Mcgrath. Those are the guys who are going to drive the club forward.
Maybe so, but with respect, this isn't what Scott has been saying.

I'm interested to know when his opinion changed and what the catalyst was. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the leadership those players drove us forward with after the bye this year.

Shiel suddenly should be traded. Interesting.

Have you seen Jack Billings play recently?

Have you seen Jack Billings play recently?

The whole idea would be that he’s completely cooked, yet contracted until 2025 so we help the Saints get him off their books.

See how we goes next year and then probably pay him out.

Are we any shot at Darcy Gardiner? Struggled to play regularly for the lions this year. I’ve always rated him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back