Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XI - McKay. Goldstein. Gresham. Duursma!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure a 35yo is in his prime but he did do ok this year. I am ok with us getting him providing it doesn't hinder the development of Bryan and done well, it should aid both Draper and Bryan.
Yeah sorry I ment he was a top tier ruck in his prime

The last sentence is really all I wanted to know, if there was an added benefit.

I mean, that's great and all, I'm happy for him, but he still stinks.
Well we can buy him a can of Tradie Date Night .

What would we do if Draper got injured?
Well with Phillips gone I guess we do need an extra ruck, just hope it doesn’t hinder Bryan. I don’t watch much footy these days and I thought Goldy was pretty much cooked.

He lives in essendon. I see him at the supermarket all the time. geographically the decision makes sense.

Was something in the media today about the coaching component being appealing to him. Sounds like we’ve got a ripping 3rd string option and a new ruck coach

Not sure if it has been reported yet but I have been told Goldstein toured the Hangar yesterday and word is that he will nominate Essendon as his preferred destination.

Great news - hopefully 2/3 over the line
Grab Gresham.

And then I wonder whatever surprises they have up their sleeves.

I feel like mckays nomination was big just for all the other targets we have in mind to jump onboard, if he had of chose hawks it could have went another way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would have thought we’d be excitedly raiding North Melbournes list for players this off-season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
in their defense they have some genuine jets on their list that i wouldn't mind us raiding

Ok. I felt his numbers were higher.
Trade then, because I certainly don't rate his outside work.
These two latest finals matches have really shown how clean the mids hands are. Would hate to see how much Shiel fumbles with this kind of high pressure game.

These two latest finals matches have really shown how clean the mids hands are. Would hate to see how much Shiel fumbles with this kind of high pressure game.
Also how clean opposition teams field kicking appears to be, even in finals.

Seeing the Giants transition the field through just a few succinct passes from the likes of Kelly, Whitfield, Ash, Cumming etc - all great and accurate kicks - really highlights the big gap between our game and those top teams.

Also how clean opposition teams field kicking appears to be, even in finals.

Seeing the Giants transition the field through just a few succinct passes from the likes of Kelly, Whitfield, Ash, Cumming etc - all great and accurate kicks - really highlights the big gap between our game and those top teams.

Brisbane too with Coleman. They’d basically intercept at their D50 line, run 10-15 meters and hit a forward 40-50 meters out and in range of goal in 1 kick.

The wings and mids were getting the ball kicked over their heads for much of the Collingwood/GWS game and Brisbane/Carlton game.

Essendon really needs to find 1-2 players who can make those kicks.

There is such value in guys that can genuinely bang the footy and get it to arrive flat and quick, it doesn’t even have to be that pinpoint accurate.

Would say apart from Harris Andrews playing genuine hero ball Boyd and Coleman were the best for their sides based purely on their kicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back