Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

PSA

In this thread, ploz provide sauces for anything you claim as fact. It can be specific such as an article link or Neale's sisters cousins hairdresser or vague such as "own sauces" but ploz avoid blanket statements with no reference point, it makes people antsy.

would be surprised if we don’t ask.

If Kennedy comes in I’ll be very surprised tho. That’s not happening.
Oh I know, just rolling with the speculation.

the other would be,we send 19with Cerra, if we get Carlton’s F1 as well

Been quite fun watching (most of) the footy journos have no clue... Zero lateral thinking with that mob.

funny-test-answers-smartass-kids-1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s a mouth watering prospect but he wouldn’t and shouldn’t play for 2-3 years minimum. So much could go wrong in his development and then you’re only starting to see him play in 2024 at absolute best.

That’s a serious investment risk.
Talls are rare and then there are talls that move like him and they just don't exist. I think drafting him would not only give us a once in a generation talent but we'd have our NicNat in terms of adulation across the state and country.

Whatever else happens from here, I sure hope we take #19 to draft night. Would be awesome to have the currency of the 1st pick on night two. 6, 8, 19 is a very strong hand.

I’m starting to think there’s big shuffles at play.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we do Clark deal for 22.

Then give Cerra, 19 and change to Carlton and receive 6, 25 and future picks.

I have a bad feeling we’re going to downgrade 19 for 25.

Don't treat deals as official until AFL House announces them. Plenty of times the reported deals are different to how they actually turn out.
Yes exactly right. I think they gave just deleted a tweet too about the trade.
Gill probably called in this morning when he heard this trade and told them to halt it

He’s a mouth watering prospect but he wouldn’t and shouldn’t play for 2-3 years minimum. So much could go wrong in his development and then you’re only starting to see him play in 2024 at absolute best.

That’s a serious investment risk.
Agreed risk /reward is a hard judgement call. I think there is less risk in others.

Last edited:
Watch us still hand over 19, holds a lot more value then 22 and Geelong are going to push hard for it. Bell is going to panic to get the deal done and hand over 19 paying overs for Clark, just because he wants to come to us and the club needs a good headline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back