AFLW AFLW 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got more folks to the game today than North's AFL side got to their game in Tassie last week...

F5A1zUcacAA7tqu

Missed the game due to family commitments but Prespakis 34 disposals, 11 tackles, 9 clearances! Am I reading that right?

Jet

Ditto. Keen to watch the replay though. :)

Well worth watching - if I can find the replay on Fox I'll be putting it on

I know we had 2 thumping wins last season, both also at KP - 50 points over St Kilda in round 5, & 75 points over Sydney to end the season, but both those teams finished towards the bottom of the ladder

I'd rate tonight's win as one of our best wins - the Bulldogs started to get things on their terms in the third quarter, but we didn't roll over, we kept our pressure up and fought out the quarter. The way we then came out firing in the last showed the maturity of this group and how much we've grown

I know it's a long season ahead, but this was just such a positive start and kinda now sets the standard for what we're capable of bringing each round

Well worth watching - if I can find the replay on Fox I'll be putting it on

I know we had 2 thumping wins last season, both also at KP - 50 points over St Kilda in round 5, & 75 points over Sydney to end the season, but both those teams finished towards the bottom of the ladder

I'd rate tonight's win as one of our best wins - the Bulldogs started to get things on their terms in the third quarter, but we didn't roll over, we kept our pressure up and fought out the quarter. The way we then came out firing in the last showed the maturity of this group and how much we've grown

I know it's a long season ahead, but this was just such a positive start and kinda now sets the standard for what we're capable of bringing each round
1693650637577.png

Do they all sit in one spot? Because I didn't see a single person in the stands. I'm assuming they were all camera side, although I'm not sure why.

For the AFLW they open the Brownlow & Players Stand side of the ground

I have just watched the game as I was at a family get together earlier.
Gee they looked good. Georgie Prespakis looks to be playing at another level this year.
The new Moloney was impressive. The mids overall were functioning well.
A lot to like. An enjoyable match.
Oh...the Bulldogs were called out for the throw at one stage. ;)

Halfway through the 2nd quarter of the replay. I wonder once Aishling Moloney gets more confidence with the footy whether we could even run her through the middle of the ground. She certainly has the mobility to make it work.

Anyone notice the interaction between Aishling Moloney and a Bulldogs player after the half time siren? They were competing for the ball as the siren went, and the Bulldogs player took a swipe at Moloney, so Aishling picked the ball up and threw it at her. 😂

Last edited:
Anyone notice the interaction between Aishling Moloney and a Bulldogs player after the half time siren? They were competing for the ball as the siren went, and the Bulldogs player had a swipe at Moloney, so Aishling picked the ball up and threw it at her. 😂

I didn’t notice that, but love it

At that stage I was paying more attention to the Bulldogs player (Bennetts) who was on the ground not moving, with concerns from players from both teams for her - I couldn’t tell what had happened and took it as a hopeful sign when she was making her way off the field even the hands of the trainers

But this footage didn’t look great - hope she’s ok

I didn’t notice that, but love it

At that stage I was paying more attention to the Bulldogs player (Bennetts) who was on the ground not moving, with concerns from players from both teams for her - I couldn’t tell what had happened and took it as a hopeful sign when she was making her way off the field even the hands of the trainers

But this footage didn’t look great - hope she’s ok

Said at half time expected ACL. Hopefully not for her sake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really impressive performance, probably the best I have seen our aflw team play.

what really stood out to me was our kicking. We now have multiple players who can kick 40+ metres with accuracy which just breaks the game open. In aflw this is just a game changer because the teams tend to defend really high and push up the ground because the other teams usually can’t kick over the zone. We kicked over their zone a couple of times early, which meant that the dogs had to push back and defend more of the ground which meant that gaps opened everywhere. Then we picked them apart with quick ball movement and then finished well in front of goal. Very impressive.

both moloneys were great. Darcy in the midfield really adds to the group of pres, Amy Mac and Nina. Aishling was a revelation up forward. For a player so new to the game the way she used her body in marking and contest situations was remarkable. She could be anything.

very exciting start to the year

very exciting start to the year
Yeah, but don't get too carried away, there is an old saying in football, "premierships aren't won in September" ;)

Looks like we'll be playing on a ground the size of a postage stamp next week. Watching the Swans-GWS game from North Sydney Oval, and they were saying the ground is only 131m long, 36m shorter than GMHBA.

Looks like we'll be playing on a ground the size of a postage stamp next week. Watching the Swans-GWS game from North Sydney Oval, and they were saying the ground is only 131m long, 36m shorter than GMHBA.
It is a beautiful ground, but absolutely tiny even by cricket standards.

if it is a nice day I might go down and have a look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back