Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The cross codes tend to have more growth in them.

Apart from the Irish girls, we have stopped the recruitment of cross coders.

Love for the club to get the next O’Sullivan especially Basketballers who have completed in the NCAA.
I think basketball and soccer (and GA) players aren't great recruits in the shorter term. Especially if you have too many of them. They basically need to be reprogrammed around contested play.
I'd go for tennis players, funnily enough, for various reasons.

Of course there's variety in individual differences. I don't think they have any more potential for growth, beyond reprogramming, than juniors who come through a footy pathway.

Agree, but guess they have to mix it up.
Maybe, but that first one was so clean compared to some of the vomitous ones other clubs have come up with. It perfectly represents our club, and (imo) should have become the traditional one used, rather than making up something new and very average each year. At least this one if better than last year’s abomination.

I feel Gabby O’Sullivan has improved her skills quite a lot. With her guts and determination this makes her a very good player.
O'Sullivan has had a lot of disruption with injury over the past season or two. That has made it hard for her to bring her A-game.

There's no more vigorous and aggressive player at the contest that I've seen this season. Her skills would only benefit from the related increase in confidence too.

Maybe, but that first one was so clean compared to some of the vomitous ones other clubs have come up with. It perfectly represents our club, and (imo) should have become the traditional one used, rather than making up something new and very average each year. At least this one if better than last year’s abomination.
Need substantially different designs to keep the merch sales going. I'd imagine that they'll roll out the rainbow chevron design again further down the track.

according to Lisa Webbs interview, Mim has been putting in extra training with her brother,
definitely reaping the rewards, well done Mim
good on Strom for this. perhaps need more male involvement at all training for the others.

Last edited:
I think basketball and soccer (and GA) players aren't great recruits in the shorter term. Especially if you have too many of them. They basically need to be reprogrammed around contested play.
I'd go for tennis players, funnily enough, for various reasons.

Of course there's variety in individual differences. I don't think they have any more potential for growth, beyond reprogramming, than juniors who come through a footy pathway.
Some of our players lack size and/or quickness.

If they don't have the skills, and smarts like a Duffy, we should be looking pass them for more powerful players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back