List Mgmt. After initially nominating Geelong, Deledio chooses GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would have to take a significant pay cut though. I can't imagine that with the 4 trades last year of danger, s.selwood, smith and Henderson that we would have much room for his current $800,000 a year (that's what the media are reporting), nor is he worth that.
We won't be giving him that.... or at least I would be absolutely shocked if we did... So he wants to come to us at less money, which is great for us

Yep. Not unlike guys like Burgoyne, Harvey or even our own Wojack just because a player gets into their 30s doesn't mean they will lose speed. He is just a powerful/explosive type.
However, for Richmond we must spin the line that Lids is a snail, well and truly past his best, and not worth a can of beans

Tiger fan in peace here guys, with Motlop not coming here I personally (along with other Tiger fans) would like to try and bring in Nakia Cockatoo if Deledio was to leave the club. How would you Geelong supporters feel if we targeted Nakia?
Yeah let's trade a young and upcoming star who has at least another 11 years of football left in him, for an injuired 30 year old has been from a shit culture and club.

You idiot

Yeah let's trade a young and upcoming star who has at least another 11 years of football left in him, for an injuired 30 year old has been from a shit culture and club.

You idiot
They'd have more luck targeting a 25 year old than a 20 year old. Especially when the output has been sparse for us in that age range. Need to hold onto anyone in their first three years who's shown something.

You idiot
Geez, I just asked a question mate.

Regardless of his age and battles with injuries over the last year or so Lids is a very important part of the Richmond Football Club and is still a required contracted player so if you guys are to bring Deledio in I think it's fair to expect Richmond will want something good in return.

Unless Geelong/Richmond look to bring in a third party a deal will be very hard to strike because without you guys having a first round pick this year and acknowledging a regular first team player won't be traded you've got to understand Cockatoo would be the only player who hasn't being a proper regular yet at Geelong that is comparable to the standard of Brett Deledio.

Let Richmond keep Lids, we need younger players not 30 year olds, they will have to offload as they cant have a senior player who wanted away return to the playing group, brings Gold Coast into the mix with Prestia deal...

You idiot

He actually said 'in peace'. It's a reasonable question.

As for the club and culture, we had no problem justifying getting Clark, who is a much worse player from a much worse club.

Cockatoo would be the only player who hasn't being a proper regular yet at Geelong that is comparable to the standard of Brett Deledio.
Delusional

We are talking about a player that hasn't played at all this year and has been injuired the previous year.A player who is nearly 30 and is out of contract next year.

You are overvaluing him by a large margin, I would just let him stay at your shit club and let him walk the following year when he's out of contract if it came to that.

Cocky lol delusional

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol now they want Vardy + Nakia + pick 36 for lids on their board

Delusional doesn't quite cover it

**** me dead

Would be a great acquisition, but as others have said. Definitely shouldn't sell the farm to get him.

Here's how I see it as a Hypothetical. We probably get pick 41 from freo for kersten, and 47 from Port for Vardy.

so we'll have picks: 36,40,41,47,54,72

That is before Motlop even enters the equation.

My belief is that for this to get done Motlop will need to leave, for cap space and for the currency at the trade table.

Is that something ppl would want? I think I would, but then I don't like SM's attitude and flaky form.

Wow I can't believe how abusive people on the tigers board are, when opposition supporters come in here they might get shot down or told to scram but over there they just attack you personally for no real reason.

Vardy, 36 would happen.

Cocky... oh the lolz.

I get completely their want for compensation. Fair enough. The issue for me is while Lids is a star at the RFC and part of the inner tradtions of the club, th eGFC is looking at him as HE requested the move to leave.
We have said "sure why not" but its not something that we MUST have. Added to that, Lids tradition and fabric of the RFC counts for SFA for us.

TO us, he's been a quality player over the duration that now wants to leave, is contracted sure, but also has most recently had a terrible season of footy fitness.
Dan Menzel was a STAR before his knees. Then on the comeback he was not worth much at all. The same applies here.

Lids WAS and HAS BEEN great but right now is a major risk and is 30 with maybe 3 good years at best left.

Those are not the factors that will see us trading out a contracted under 22 player that was a pick 10 2 years ago. Just not happening.
Sadly for Lids, he'll play another year at Punt rd before that happens.

There are some contracted players and OOC on out list that are looking for more game time - Murdoch, Vardy, Kersten, Hyphen that could fit that bill.
I could see Vardy or Murdoch perhaps.

GO Catters

Geez, I just asked a question mate.

Regardless of his age and battles with injuries over the last year or so Lids is a very important part of the Richmond Football Club and is still a required contracted player so if you guys are to bring Deledio in I think it's fair to expect Richmond will want something good in return.

Unless Geelong/Richmond look to bring in a third party a deal will be very hard to strike because without you guys having a first round pick this year and acknowledging a regular first team player won't be traded you've got to understand Cockatoo would be the only player who hasn't being a proper regular yet at Geelong that is comparable to the standard of Brett Deledio.
Just curious, would you swap Daniel Rioli for Bartel?

Wow I can't believe how abusive people on the tigers board are, when opposition supporters come in here they might get shot down or told to scram but over there they just attack you personally for no real reason.
Yeah saw your post on there lol

Closest I could get to Nakia for Lids. Wanted to see if the shoe was on the other foot, what they thought about it. My first thought was if Ablett was still here and asked to go to Richmond.
Nah got your point
It's just that it's a silly trade no matter what clubs are involved in trading a 30 year old injuired player for a best 22 young gun

Stupid stupid stupid

Vardy, 36 would happen.

Cocky... oh the lolz.

I get completely their want for compensation. Fair enough. The issue for me is while Lids is a star at the RFC and part of the inner tradtions of the club, th eGFC is looking at him as HE requested the move to leave.
We have said "sure why not" but its not something that we MUST have. Added to that, Lids tradition and fabric of the RFC counts for SFA for us.

TO us, he's been a quality player over the duration that now wants to leave, is contracted sure, but also has most recently had a terrible season of footy fitness.
Dan Menzel was a STAR before his knees. Then on the comeback he was not worth much at all. The same applies here.

Lids WAS and HAS BEEN great but right now is a major risk and is 30 with maybe 3 good years at best left.

Those are not the factors that will see us trading out a contracted under 22 player that was a pick 10 2 years ago. Just not happening.
Sadly for Lids, he'll play another year at Punt rd before that happens.

There are some contracted players and OOC on out list that are looking for more game time - Murdoch, Vardy, Kersten, Hyphen that could fit that bill.
I could see Vardy or Murdoch perhaps.

GO Catters

They are delusional. Look at it this way.
We let Stevie j go for nothing. A bigger star then Deledio ever was. Just because it suited our development. Stevie has proved he still has a couple good years in him.
Deledio is a year or two younger but hasn't played this year. Richmond want a round 1 or clack atop and round 3.
It is rather funny. Deledio is a second round pick maybe a fringe player with it

Have Richmond even decided what their plan is? Are they trying to build for a flag? Rebuilding? Aiming for the bottom half of the 8 to keep their fans happy?! It's hard to predict what's in their interest because no one knows what on earth they are doing. I Ignore Hardwick's words because his comments went from one side to the other depending on which fortnight it was during the year. All... over... the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back