List Mgmt. After initially nominating Geelong, Deledio chooses GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond did take caracella of us and he is worse then Motlop to a club so maybe we should give them a 1st rd pick...

I think if we're relying on trading Motlop then we should call the Weagals. With them missing on Ballantyne and with the Frenchman getting a little long in the tooth I'd reckon he might be a handy addition to Kennedy and Darling.

According to AFL.com.au he doesn't feel the same.

DELEDIO APPROACHED THE CATS

As recently as September 15 Richmond veteran Brett Deledio was describing reports he could join Geelong as media "noise".

He acknowledge clubs were inquiring about him but said his manager was "just knocking it all on the head".

But on Tuesday morning Geelong's list manager Stephen Wells revealed it was Deledio who approached the Cats through his management late in the season.

Carlton's Zach Tuohy also got on the front foot and made it known to Geelong he had an interest in joining the club.

"Both those players, we received an approach through their manager late in the season for us to consider those boys coming to join us at Geelong," Wells said on SEN.

"Of course with players of the quality of those two we have an interest.

"We’d love them to come and play at Geelong."
You've got to love it when multiple, quality players are banging the door down wanting to play for your club.

I think I just sent the tigers board into a frenzy. Was a fun 10 mins to kill. See you in a few days :)

They really are a touchy bunch of non-finals competing campaigners...
No that hard to be honest and they will probably card you for hurting their feelings bunch of hacks they are.....

nothing wrong with considering his options.

but there is no way we are going to let our best player of the last 10 years go for nothing.
There's something very wrong when your "best player of the last 10 years" is exploring his options while still under contract. I'd have thought his options to explore were very little, and this was an act of desperation more than anything else.

I'm not trying to sink the boots in, mate, but clearly there's something very wrong at your football club. This isn't new either; you've had very poor on-field success for decades and a recent history of coach/board instability.

You can dig your heals in all you like and demand ridiculous overs, but it won't get you anywhere. Face it - Deledio has had a gut full and the penny has dropped; he's at the twilight of his career and wants to see some success. Let him go and move on.

No that hard to be honest and they will probably card you for hurting their feelings bunch of hacks they are.....

we are probably one of the most lenient boards on this site actually.

There's something very wrong when your "best player of the last 10 years" is exploring his options while still under contract. I'd have thought his options to explore were very little, and this was an act of desperation more than anything else.

I'm not trying to sink the boots in, mate, but clearly there's something very wrong at your football club. This isn't new either; you've had very poor on-field success for decades and a recent history of coach/board instability.

You can dig your heals in all you like and demand ridiculous overs, but it won't get you anywhere. Face it - Deledio has had a gut full and the penny has dropped; he's at the twilight of his career and wants to see some success. Let him go and move on.

thanks for your expert opinion...worry about your own club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond did take caracella of us and he is worse then Motlop to a club so maybe we should give them a 1st rd pick...

very highly regarded among coaches and neil balme himself and with all due respect to you, but I think their opinion is slightly more valuable than someone who watches from the tv screen.

very highly regarded among coaches and neil balme himself and with all due respect to you, but I think their opinion is slightly more valuable than someone who watches from the tv screen.
Awwww did his opnion hurt your feelings?

One for the #GetBrett crowd
CudEGgxUEAAdPW9.jpg

Actually Caracella was moving long before Balme ever came to Richmond and No he was not a good forward line coach hopefully you have him dishing out the mids

Oh God.

Not again!

I don't think I can handle the melts, to be fair though, Richmond supporters are a bit tougher than their Ade friends, so maybe it'll be fine.

So if we get Deledio we can look forward to an Adelaide-esque "rivalry" on Big Footy. Only even less relevant.

Actually Caracella was moving long before Balme ever came to Richmond and No he was not a good forward line coach hopefully you have him dishing out the mids

you must be a very good judge

Oh God.

Not again!

I don't think I can handle the melts, to be fair though, Richmond supporters are a bit tougher than their Ade friends, so maybe it'll be fine.

given how Lids stuck with us during our darkest days and is/was our most valuable player, I don't see it happening. if he does leave, he will be my fav player outside Richmond :D

nothing wrong with considering his options.

but there is no way we are going to let our best player of the last 10 years go for nothing.
You will next year by the sounds of it.

GO Catters

Lids will be worth a 2nd pick no more and no less, and thats all Geelong will offer, if it was Geelong who went to him you may get more but Lids wants out of Richmond...

Wait...wait....are those days over?

You're still a shit club

not compared to what we were when he debuted...

Lids will be worth a 2nd pick no more and no less, and thats all Geelong will offer, if it was Geelong who went to him you may get more but Lids wants out of Richmond...

for the last time...he will only leave if it benefits the club, he is happy to stay otherwise.

we are probably one of the most lenient boards on this site actually.

thanks for your expert opinion...worry about your own club.

Not really...

I posted very calmly over there and got shot down for presenting the GFC opinions. Not rude, not attacking and certainly not aggressively.

Thanked them all and left.

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back