List Mgmt. Aisho Going Elsewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem still remains. The message that it sends. You can't believe that it sends a positive message to future players. Freeman. 2 years at Collingwood, wants to leave. Not happy but allowing it. Aish 2 years at Brisbane wants to leave, no dice. What manner of crazy?? Players drafted to Brisbane as 18 year olds will be nervous as hell what if I don't like it there because the coach and captain are hard to work with? If I was an employee working for people who were difficult, if look elsewhere too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean like how Black, Rich etc would be a flight risk and would bail at their first chance to come home. We've got to take some form of a chance on these guys liking the place and staying.

You can't sugar coat this.

Yes Brisbane have lost some quality junior problems. We can go around in circles all day about who is to blame and why this happened but lets just say there are sooooo many reasons that have contributed to this from AFL rules/regulations, Brisbane on and off field management and individual player motivation.

Can't disagree with any of this

My problem is that whilst Brisbane seem to be in this rut, they appear to be making little effort to move forward and improve their position for any possible future opportunities that may present. How could you keep a straight face next year and as for another priority pick in the draft if this year you're not happy to sit at the trade table and nut out a fair and equitable trade?

Since Vossy got boned (coincidently coinciding with the 'Go Home 5'), the whole administration has had an overhaul, where this season the final jigsaws of the player welfare system being put in place with Mr and Mrs Lambert returning home. I think you'll find the whole posturing of this and the Priority pick is to get somewhat of a better deal in regards to longer initial contracts of draftees, possibly a retention allowance etc....basically some form of inducement to get these boys to hang around longer. After this trade period, we're likely to only have 2 first round draft picks on our list.

The club/supporters need to stop crying poor and the poor bugger me attitude and get of their ass and show the AFL and everyone else they are doing everything they can to improve their position.

I'm not going to rehash things, but the overhaul of our admin and stopping the bleeding financially have made a significant difference.

There was an opportunity last season to trade Aish. You can't tell me that there was no indication from the moment he walked into Brisbane that he would seek a trade back to SA or closer to home but the club was too proud to part with a prized 1st rounder and risk another season and lose him for nothing.

Would your team entertain trading De Goey if he'd asked for it this season??

Given he is out of Contract, he has earned the right to nominate a club of preference and hope that a deal can be done in good faith. I'm sure he's not overly proud of leaving Brisbane and for a young guy no doubt this has heavily weighed on his mind, the club are not making it any easier on the kid either.

You have this condemnation of us on one hand and then you have a similar situation in Freeman (who for all intents and purposes hasn't shown anything in 2 seasons blighted by injury mind). In your position I wouldn't accomodate a request for a specific club either but that's by the by. Why should we make it easy on him, at each turn he's postponed a decision. At some point you have to say enough is enough, a decision has to be made. The club is bigger than any one player, however, he figures greatly in our future plans, and would need to plan accordingly.

I feel bad for Brisbane, truly I do. But is this really the right decision. What benefits does this provide for future kids being drafted to Brisbane from interstate. I haven't seen a kid put his head in his hands after hearing his name called at the draft, but Brisbane are certainly doing their best create a perceived environment that will place huge amounts of pressure and guilt on future kids heading North and this may just be the case.

This decision has been made on the back of the 'Go Home 5' we're we were royally shafted in regards to trades. At some point we had to stop becoming so accomodating to these guys. As I said, it isn't a personal attack on Collingwood, but Aish/Pickering could have alleviated this issue months ago, simply requesting a trade then.

Good post, the question has to be asked as to why they drafted Aish in the first place. Sure he's a super talent, but with repeated issues a solid potential 150-200 gamer with less risk might have been the better option.

A bit similar to Melbourne in many ways where they'd go the high risk high reward draftee despite obvious issues with talent development.

But that somewhat limits our talent pool, particularly if we want to rise up the table. Its incredibly frustrating as a footy club, putting in 2 years of development, only for them to swan off to a destination of their choosing, with said destination club using the situation to their advantage. The academies will help rectify that, but the talent pool in queensland isn't the blue chip market it is as compared to Vic, SA or WA

You mean like how Black, Rich etc would be a flight risk and would bail at their first chance to come home. We've got to take some form of a chance on these guys liking the place and staying.
Agree - but you can't shut up shop at the same time when one want's to leave.

This season we look like losing maybe 3 or 4 high draft picks looking for opportunity elsewhere. As far as I know we aren't tossing them to the PSD but trying to make something work to suit both the club and players.

Not sure Brisbane need to take their bat and ball and jus go home, there's plenty to salvage noting the quality of players that have been drafted 20+...Certainly have a better strike rate than that pick 0 you're chasing.

Interesting times ahead... If your mob want Aish you better pay up a decent price or else he goes to Carlton in PSD or Crows in ND. From Leigh's comments it sounds as though he absolutely hates Pies not sure why though considering he was arguably your best coach the past 20 years.

Agree - but you can't shut up shop at the same time when one want's to leave.

This season we look like losing maybe 3 or 4 high draft picks looking for opportunity elsewhere. As far as I know we aren't tossing them to the PSD but trying to make something work to suit both the club and players.

Not sure Brisbane need to take their bat and ball and jus go home, there's plenty to salvage noting the quality of players that have been drafted 20+...Certainly have a better strike rate than that pick 0 you're chasing.

We aren't talking our bat and ball and not playing.

Berg's at worst will get us a second round draft pick.

We'll probably get WCE first for redden.

Bell will get sorted for one of those picks.

That still leaves us enough enough points to get Hipwood and Keays as well.

Thus, we're kind of seeing Aish as a bit of a free hit in that respect.

Interesting times ahead... If your mob want Aish you better pay up a decent price or else he goes to Carlton in PSD or Crows in ND. From Leigh's comments it sounds as though he absolutely hates Pies not sure why though considering he was arguably your best coach the past 20 years.
Who cares, we don't. now run along back to your board............

Brisbane saying this isn't personal not trading Aish to us I find that hard to believe

Letting him walk into the PSD and then organising with Carlton to get Oxley at pick 2 has to be draft tampering surely?

We aren't talking our bat and ball and not playing.

Berg's at worst will get us a second round draft pick.

We'll probably get WCE first for redden.

Bell will get sorted for one of those picks.

That still leaves us enough enough points to get Hipwood and Keays as well.

Thus, we're kind of seeing Aish as a bit of a free hit in that respect.
This still doesn't make sense does it. You could get something for Aish, but you're saying why bother....we are happy with these other trades.

Nothing is a free hit in business. When there is an opportunity to capitalise or advance your position you do that don't you.

Brisbane saying this isn't personal not trading Aish to us I find that hard to believe

Letting him walk into the PSD and then organising with Carlton to get Oxley at pick 2 has to be draft tampering surely?
probably but would be impossible to prove though. Ball was draft tampering though? Didn't he put a he price on his head so every other club passes him over? I heard that the rules changed after that incident.

Spoken like a true supporter that is contempt with mediocrity

This still doesn't make sense does it. You could get something for Aish, but you're saying why bother....we are happy with these other trades.

Nothing is a free hit in business. When there is an opportunity to capitalise or advance your position you do that don't you.

It's the principle involved. It seems to be a perpetual circle with our first round draft picks dating back to des headland. Its a line in the sand moment in that showing first round draftees we're not going to be so accomodating to them. Port did it, hasn't seemed to affect them greatly.

So you think that Leigh lied about forcing Aish into the draft and that he was motivated by a hate for Collingwood. Sounds like someone you should get rid of before he does anymore damage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the principle involved. It seems to be a perpetual circle with our first round draft picks dating back to des headland. Its a line in the sand moment in that showing first round draftees we're not going to be so accomodating to them. Port did it, hasn't seemed to affect them greatly.

A more effective line in the sand moment would be to sack your coach and start building an environment in which people want to stay.

No one will touch him with their first rounders, he's already shown he is willing to leave a club to get to where he wants. I personally hope we don't trade as its our cheapest way of getting him (I know it's selfish given Brisbane need help and are getting reemed but I really don't care for them)
In the trealor statement the club mentioned working out a trade but there was no hint of this in the Aish statement.

probably but would be impossible to prove though. Ball was draft tampering though? Didn't he put a he price on his head so every other club passes him over? I heard that the rules changed after that incident.

AFL have enough headaches with Free Agency atm if you think they will allow two clubs which rely heavily on the AFL to manipulate the draft and screw over a young player you are kidding yourself

not sure how you got that from my post. From comments out of the Lions camp we won't be trading Aish. PSD/ND or he re-signs. LM isn't one to talk BS.

You don't know Leigh very well.

Think Lions still Pissed at the Beams Negotiating from last years Trade Period

No one will touch him with their first rounders, he's already shown he is willing to leave a club to get to where he wants. I personally hope we don't trade as its our cheapest way of getting him (I know it's selfish given Brisbane need help and are getting reemed but I really don't care for them)
In the trealor statement the club mentioned working out a trade but there was no hint of this in the Aish statement.
Sorry to burst your black and white bubble but I would be extremely surprised if Crows don't pick up Aish with pick 14 after the Dangerfield debacle... would be a good PR move to bring home the royalty. Also Blues will definitely take him with their second rounder or pick 1 in PSD if he nominates for that.

Like I said earlier this will be interesting times ahead for Aish and the Brisbane Lions and Collingwood football clubs.

not sure how you got that from my post. From comments out of the Lions camp we won't be trading Aish. PSD/ND or he re-signs. LM isn't one to talk BS.
you post in the rumourscandal Aish thread we don't have the currency to trade for aishO lol schwabO you are a funny man just like your twitter account ;)

Sorry to burst your black and white bubble but I would be extremely surprised if Crows don't pick up Aish with pick 14 after the Dangerfield debacle... would be a good PR move to bring home the royalty. Also Blues will definitely take him with their second rounder or pick 1 in PSD if he nominates for that.

Like I said earlier this will be interesting times ahead for Aish and the Brisbane Lions and Collingwood football clubs.
Keep posting your anti-collingwood dribble , it's funny how desperate you are for Aish not to get to collingwood. Sad but funny.

You mean like what happened when Vossy got sacked......been there done that, got the t-shirt. It isn't the issue

It will be an issue. Leppa is odds on to get the arse mid season in 2016. Lions need to get someone external to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back