List Mgmt. Aisho Going Elsewhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god this isn't war. Imagine your general having a strategy that only has one outcome. You lose.

So they make him walk and we don't get him. Guess what you morons. We don't lose as a result of this. You lose and someone else gains. We just go on with business as usual.

How stupid are these people. They are actually thinking stopping us getting him is a win. They are pumping the air about letting a player go for nothing. Please continue with this attitude Brisbane. It is giving me a big laugh.

I am absolutely dumbfounded however that a multi million dollar organisation can be run by such fools.

Pies only need to show Brisbane that we would be a good chance of getting him via the draft anyway & Lions will then have to do the trade.

Lots of options for this as have been mentioned: put a huge price on his head, Package two 20's picks for a late teens pick etc. I think it's pretty likely.

Brisbane - Collingwood could become the biggest rivalry in footy amongst fans simply due to trades.

Brisbane are out in front unfortunately ...

... We've got a lot of catching up to do having paid Pick 14 for Cameron Wood :(

But that somewhat limits our talent pool, particularly if we want to rise up the table. Its incredibly frustrating as a footy club, putting in 2 years of development, only for them to swan off to a destination of their choosing, with said destination club using the situation to their advantage. The academies will help rectify that, but the talent pool in queensland isn't the blue chip market it is as compared to Vic, SA or WA
Yeah it does reduce the talent pool somewhat, but I know I'd prefer a solid 150-200 gamer than a bloke who's more talented yet walks after 2 years. You don't need to play it safe forever in a day, but it's certainly something I'd want my club doing until the issues are addressed and a solid core of players are in place. Stop the circle of talent leaving so to speak and from there improved results will come.

It's interesting that you mention academies and at the same time mention how taking a safer option reduces your talent pool. For 14 other clubs the academy system does just that.

sad really that a club is willing to loose a player for nothing thinks it will be a winner.
we as a club have lost people we did not want to loose but in the end did the deal.
if Brisbane wants to stop there players leaving, then change your culture.
good admin, good coaching, good environment = player retention.
todays footy clubs just have to smart, and act professional at all times.
what they are doing is, a chance to loose a kid who may want to be there
and who know be a gun for them. all for a silly notion that are showing how tough they
are. as other posters have said managers are not dumb, they will be able
to work around this to get there player to where he wants to go.

When he arrives at Collingwood, the. He will make 22
If he doesnt arrive, oh well some emergency will get a game

Sorry to burst your black and white bubble but I would be extremely surprised if Crows don't pick up Aish with pick 14 after the Dangerfield debacle... would be a good PR move to bring home the royalty. Also Blues will definitely take him with their second rounder or pick 1 in PSD if he nominates for that.

Like I said earlier this will be interesting times ahead for Aish and the Brisbane Lions and Collingwood football clubs.
Ah doubt it, but it's all opinion. Aish goes into National Draft, forget PSD it's not even worth talking about. He's about as likely to go into that draft as he is in remaining with Brisbane.

Crows starting a fresh without Danger and a new coach, contact Aisho to see if he'd like to play for them. He says he'd like to make his name outside of SA. Crows won't waste an early pick on a guy that doesn't want to be there. No club will. It's only until those picks become a little less valuable that a club would take him. That puts it up around a late teens pick.

If we get pick 14/15, watch Matthews fold and except the trade knowing full well he'd get to us in the draft. They'll be able to spin it that it was a fair offer and we thought we'd do the right thing by our player. If he doesn't and stands by his word, we still get him for that pick.

Everyone will be happy. Brisbane got their result of sending him to the draft, although they are hoping he goes to the PSD not the ND. Pies get the player they are after and Aisho joins the club he wants to play for. Win/win/win.

Ah doubt it, but it's all opinion. Aish goes into National Draft, forget PSD it's not even worth talking about. He's about as likely to go into that draft as he is in remaining with Brisbane.

Crows starting a fresh without Danger and a new coach, contact Aisho to see if he'd like to play for them. He says he'd like to make his name outside of SA. Crows won't waste an early pick on a guy that doesn't want to be there. No club will. It's only until those picks become a little less valuable that a club would take him. That puts it up around a late teens pick.

If we get pick 14/15, watch Matthews fold and except the trade knowing full well he'd get to us in the draft. They'll be able to spin it that it was a fair offer and we thought we'd do the right thing by our player. If he doesn't and stands by his word, we still get him for that pick.

Everyone will be happy. Brisbane got their result of sending him to the draft, although they are hoping he goes to the PSD not the ND. Pies get the player they are after and Aisho joins the club he wants to play for. Win/win/win.
100% agree, offer the two 2nd rounders to Brisbane for Aish, if they refuse, offer the two 2nd rounders to Sydney for pick 14, take Aish in NATIONAL draft for pick 14, still cost us the same as what we were prepared to offer.

Nice avatar by the way Bay Pie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's sad times when Brisbane are the second rated team in Queensland behind GC, and have an even worse culture.

Leigh Matthews is putting the nail in what has been a pretty amazing career that he has had. Such a shame, just like other legends that have cracked, he won't be remembered as a three-peat coach, he'll be remembered as someone who ruined Brisbane by not allowing them to progress.

Old school attitudes don't fly with a progressive competition that's looking to the future!

Sorry to burst your black and white bubble but I would be extremely surprised if Crows don't pick up Aish with pick 14 after the Dangerfield debacle... would be a good PR move to bring home the royalty. Also Blues will definitely take him with their second rounder or pick 1 in PSD if he nominates for that.

Like I said earlier this will be interesting times ahead for Aish and the Brisbane Lions and Collingwood football clubs.

More for you than us. If Aish goes for nothing, we gain and lose... nothing. Whoopee.

If he comes, great.

This is largely an internal melodrama at the Lions, we just happen to be the club Aish wants to play for.

Leigh Matthews is putting the nail in what has been a pretty amazing career that he has had. Such a shame, just like other legends that have cracked, he won't be remembered as a three-peat coach, he'll be remembered as someone who ruined Brisbane by not allowing them to progress.
He's left the two clubs he has coached completely ****ed when he has pulled the pin - make no mistake about it.

In the seven years after he left Collingwood we failed for the finals each year with a win percentage of 31%. With Brisbane the club has made finals once in seven years with a win percentage of 36%.

I am firmly of the opinion that he gets what he wants out of the club for the present, and has no outlook for the future. He is a glorified Ross Lyon FFS.

Mods, is there any way I can extend an open invitation to Brisbane fans to discuss the state of play at their club? Not sly digs, just a frank and honest discussion. I thought I might be able to do it on the main board (which will now be renamed North Korea) but apparently that is considered trolling.

I am not looking to start fires, only to be able to hear a different perspective without the standard trash talk.

Mods, is there any way I can extend an open invitation to Brisbane fans to discuss the state of play at their club? Not sly digs, just a frank and honest discussion. I thought I might be able to do it on the main board (which will now be renamed North Korea) but apparently that is considered trolling.

I am not looking to start fires, only to be able to hear a different perspective without the standard trash talk.
Don't waste your time as they are all anti-collingwood, very biased and will just gang up to attack your post's being unrealistic, childish with anti-collingwood insults.

Leigh said (and in general) that Aish is a future Captain. Well then Leigh, show the kid some god damn respect! Knob!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back