NT Alice Springs: 2024 Curfew

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be nice if they explained their numbers like murder per capita etc. Stats can be made to mean almost anything and it is misleading to compare an outback town with a small population to a major city. There are places in Sydney and Melbourne far more dangerous than Alice Springs due to under policing, same as there are places in some overseas cities that are dangerous much safer than parts of our cities.

We moved a few conference's away from Darwin and Alice Springs in the last few years and it wasn't out of fear,it was far too expensive and we didn't want our partners to have to see the drunken backpacker scum, retired alchos etc

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It would be nice if they explained their numbers like murder per capita etc. Stats can be made to mean almost anything and it is misleading to compare an outback town with a small population to a major city. There are places in Sydney and Melbourne far more dangerous than Alice Springs due to under policing, same as there are places in some overseas cities that are dangerous much safer than parts of our cities.

We moved a few conference's away from Darwin and Alice Springs in the last few years and it wasn't out of fear,it was far too expensive and we didn't want our partners to have to see the drunken backpacker scum, retired alchos etc

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Lol drunken backpacker scum,retired alchos etc.
Thanks Mick
k4ot8j452t881.jpg

Not disputing there's probably a problem up there, but from this link:
The Crime Index 2024 Mid-Year report, put together by crowd-sourced data website Numbeo, had a total of eight Australian cities on a list of 311, but the closest to Alice Springs was the Gold Coast, which came in a lot further down the list at 139.
Crowd sourced, my dude, without providing how the 'crowd' is involved. There's more than 315 cities in the world, and calling Alice Springs a city is pushing it.

It's not the most valid statistic.

Not disputing there's probably a problem up there, but from this link:

Crowd sourced, my dude, without providing how the 'crowd' is involved. There's more than 315 cities in the world, and calling Alice Springs a city is pushing it.

It's not the most valid statistic.
I agree all that stuff, polls, rankings.. is pretty much worthless just posted it as a link was requested.

Whilst I don't think it's a grrat definition either a city in Australia is 25k+, see Kal being known as Kalgoorlie Boulder City.

Last edited:
Perfect job the retiring Linda Burney when she leaves politics next year.

She couldn't get the Yes vote up in her own electorate in the referendum, but I just bet she could sort this joint out quick smart.

Remove this Banner Ad

NT Alice Springs: 2024 Curfew

Remove this Banner Ad

Back