All Aboard

Remove this Banner Ad

At this stage I think we can lock in Hinkley for 2025, so we might as well win the whole damn thing. When do we get completely suckered in though? I don't want to get excited for a prelim capitulation again

Na he's still gone if they have another finals stinker.

Read on the main board a while back, there was a meeting and agreement for Hinkley to step aside end of this year. Richmond supporter I think. Quite random and specific.

Definitely no agreement on Ken's end to step aside. They haven't even broached such an idea with him.

Brisbane will have to make it first and from the bottom half of the eight it is an uphill climb! Brisbane will beat Essendon, but Geelong should easily account for Geelong.
Not sure about this. Geelong are a good team but they arent at the level of Geelong, especially if the game is played in Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would be considered a stinker?
Premiership wouldn't be.
Straight Sets exit would be.
Where do the middle options lie?

At this stage I think we can lock in Hinkley for 2025, so we might as well win the whole damn thing. When do we get completely suckered in though? I don't want to get excited for a prelim capitulation again
I think Ken will look at the West Coast job. He could win the next two flags with us and Koch would still hand the reins to Carr in 2026, so now is the time for Hinkley to invest in his longer term future.

george bush GIF

I'm still not convinced we can win the flag, especially now without Houston. However we've locked in top 4, likely top 3, and you just can't waste those finishes. This year there are no sides which terrify me like they have in the past. We were never beating Collingwood or Brisbane away last year, so it was a clear waste of time. This year we're winning games we haven't in years, we're actually establishing a home ground advantage that we've always failed with, and we're playing some ruthless defensive footy which we've been desperately craving as supporters. So there's a legitimate chance for us here, and we should try and take it. I just find it hard to invest, because of our history. Let's see what happens round 1 of finals. We win and I'm all in on prelim night.

They've had to work extra hard this time to get everyone's hopes up, full credit to them.

Look, of course we're a flag chance. We were a flag chance last year. We were a flag chance in 2020 and 2021. Our list, provided we get Georgiades and Marshall back fit, is excellent. We have no reason to fear any team left in the competition. I don't give a shit if we have to play Brisbane in Brisbane, our best footy is good enough. A premiership is well within our reach.

But despite knowing all that, I just saw us struggle to get over the 15th placed side, requiring a melee to spark us into gear. The week before we fell over the line against 12th. We're finding ways to win, but the only thing putting us in premiership form at the moment is that everyone else sucks as well.

I'm not going to believe we can do it in finals at this point until we do it in finals.

The thing is, we have the same issues we've always had. We dont look like a side thats gonna win 3 in a row in finals.

But who the **** does. There is no Collingwood this year, no Melbourne, no peak Geelong, just 8-9 sides bumbling along inconsistently looking like gods and trash week to week. Whoever wins this year is Bradurying it.

If that train is the hogwarts or polar express, then I’m on board.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I've accepted there's obviously not going to be an in season sacking, so the Hinkley factor doesn't bother me. I want him sacked because I don't think he can win a flag. If I'm wrong about that and he does win a flag, then most of the reason I wanted him sacked disappears.

I'm actually kind of relaxed at the moment. We're second in Round 23. We're one win against a likely non-finalist and two home finals away from a GF. If we fail at any of those hurdles, again, it's a sackable offence. If we don't, we're a 50/50 shot at a flag. It's win/win really.

We just don't have the cattle, I'm afraid.

Remember when the GM essentially said this, Tredrea disagreed, and Kane Cornes and Caroline Wilson wanted him fired into the sun for it?

Was that 1 or 2 months ago?

😂

Remove this Banner Ad

All Aboard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back