All Aboard

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS haven’t fallen over, Sydney still going to be hard to beat and Hawthorn are on the move.
Then you have Brisbane who only a couple weeks ago was premiership favorites.
You still have to win 3 finals to win a flag
It’s not just one race.
I don't know if you are illustrating my own point to me for some reason or don't understand what I said.

Do people actually think Bradbury just turned up to the gold medal race? He had to qualify for the Olympics. He had to get through the heats, quarter- and semi-finals.

No matter what you say, the train is on fire.

The boys are playing good footy. They have a hard edge. There is no softness anymore. We are playing four quarters. We are playing the Port Adelaide way. Even if we were losing, the supporters would be happy but we're winning!!!!! The Cows all have the $hits. The SA media is doing its best to bucket out the water from the leaky boat. They hate and envy us. Even Thunda is taking one for the team, albeit from a adolescent.

We are electric at the moment. Port people are walking around with a skip in their step. The sun shines a little more brighter even in winter. The weekend can't come fast enough.

Go the Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say it every week, but this week's game against Freo will give us more insight about our toughness and quality under pressure. Given that they lost to GWS by a couple of goals on the weekend, the Dockers should provide us with a recent benchmark to compare how we're tracking against the Giants.
I always thought this was the hardest game of the last month.
Freo was good last week with Hogan being the major factor in the Giants winning.
Ideally there season is over before the first bounce.

Do people actually think Bradbury just turned up to the gold medal race? He had to qualify for the Olympics. He had to get through the heats, quarter- and semi-finals.
And suffered horrific bad luck in two previous Olympics campaigns (incl having a tendon in his leg sliced by another skater's blades), so his luck was due to change from bad to good at some point.

People see the 3 blokes falling over and him skating past, and think he's a no hoper that just got lucky.

Forget that he was first or second in the world rankings at one point.

I now want Port to win it this year as a big f u to the AFL, media mafia and those snivelling spineless franchise supporting racist dipshits.
Hear hear. Would love for Rozee to hold up that cup and say: “everyone was against us, especially the vfl, so get a dog up ya!!!”

Hear hear. Would love for Rozee to hold up that cup and say: “everyone was against us, especially the vfl, so get a dog up ya!!!”
Or this is for you Dan.

Perhaps we can give the Camrys a premiership gift like a wooden spoon or bone which would be fitting. Fits the demographic of the franchise supporter base.

Muzzle Sftd GIF by SchoolForTheDogs
Scrap that, this would be far better gift 🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I now want Port to win it this year as a big f u to the AFL, media mafia and those snivelling spineless franchise supporting racist dipshits.

Yeah this week has almost turned me around.

I have found people that I hate more than Hinkley.

That which does not kill me only pisses me off enough to kick its arse.

We are Port Adelaide and it's us against the world.

And that's how we like it.

That which does not kill me only pisses me off enough to kick its arse.

We are Port Adelaide and it's us against the world.

And that's how we like it.
Well I tell you what Ford, I'd have a modicum of respect for Hinkley if for ONCE in his tenure he acted like that instead of a coward. The ONLY time he gets his back up is when he's criticised ala Tredders, being booed, after the 21 prelim, doing a runner in 2017 or the co-captains debacle. There are plenty of examples. He blames the players constantly. It's never him. Hinkley makes it Hinkley versus the supporters. He's fractured the supporter base. Let's not rewrite history.

Last edited:
Well I tell you what Ford, I'd have a modicum of respect for Hinkley if for ONCE in his tenure he acted like that instead of a coward. The ONLY time he gets his back up is when he's criticised ala Tredders, being booed, after the 21 prelim, doing a runner in 2017 or the co-captains debacle. There are plenty of examples. He blames the players constantly. It's never him. Hinkley makes it Hinkley versus the supporters. He's fractured the supporter base. Let's not rewrite history.

No offence Lil but what are you talking about? Rewrite history? The history of the Port Adelaide Football Club extends eons before Ken Hinkley and the history of the Port Adelaide Football Club is to rise up in the face of injustice visited upon us by various football leagues.

I never once mentioned Hinkley, I said the Port Adelaide Football Club. And it's time we reclaimed our history.

I say it every week, but this week's game against Freo will give us more insight about our toughness and quality under pressure. Given that they lost to GWS by a couple of goals on the weekend, the Dockers should provide us with a recent benchmark to compare how we're tracking against the Giants.

But seriously, if you say it every week, at some point you will get your self-fulfilling prophecy. For over a month this group has played real Port Adelaide finals worthy football.

So if they slip once somewhere along the line you can point and say, There told you? What's the point of even following a team then if all you can do is sweat on a loss to prove a point?

We all know finals is the ultimate test so let's get there and see what we can do.

No offence Lil but what are you talking about? Rewrite history? The history of the Port Adelaide Football Club extends eons before Ken Hinkley and the history of the Port Adelaide Football Club is to rise up in the face of injustice visited upon us by various football leagues.

I never once mentioned Hinkley, I said the Port Adelaide Football Club. And it's time we reclaimed our history.
I definitely agree with you Ford and you're right. You didn't mention Hinkley. I want so badly to be that Port Adelaide again.

But seriously, if you say it every week, at some point you will get your self-fulfilling prophecy. For over a month this group has played real Port Adelaide finals worthy football.

So if they slip once somewhere along the line you can point and say, There told you? What's the point of even following a team then if all you can do is sweat on a loss to prove a point?

We all know finals is the ultimate test so let's get there and see what we can do.
Ahh….ok. Let’s wait for finals then.

I’ve been pretty positive about our recent performances and more hopeful than most here.

Ahh….ok. Let’s wait for finals then.

I’ve been pretty positive about our recent performances and more hopeful than most here.

I just think they've bought some credits with their past couple of months of footy. Every week there are posts about Oh Port are set up to win this and the nek minnit What happen Port, or posts about pick 6 small forwards. It just does my head in because since the bye where we had that shitshow against GWS and then the debacle against Brisbane we have come to play every week.

We eked out a tough win against a Saints side that can surprise at Marvel, thrashed the in-form Bulldogs, come from 5 goals down away to beat Carlton, destroyed Sydney, toughed out a close win against a last gasp Melbourne, and beat a pretty good Adelaide side that was hell-bent on derailing our season. In among there was a crappy game against Gold Coast, but many sides have gone up there and flopped. And even that we could have won.

They've been consistent with selection, they've played football that is recognisably Port Adelaide. We've even managed to upset the football world again with a bump and created a fortress mentality with an absurdly long suspension.

If we lose to Freo you're free to take it however you want. But I think they have earned the right not be judged on that game in isolation from the past 6 weeks or so. If they flop in finals, Hinkley is done along with a few careers.

But as per the thread title, I'm aboard the train and I'm not hopping off until the terminus, whatever that may be.

Remove this Banner Ad

All Aboard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back