All Aboard

Remove this Banner Ad

I definitely agree with you Ford and you're right. You didn't mention Hinkley. I want so badly to be that Port Adelaide again.

Give yourself a break from him Lil, you will feel better! ;)

I've stopped thinking about him and just enjoy what the players have been bringing.

(Feel free to seethe at Davies, you can't go cold turkey :D)

To quote the old cliche it’s one week at a time.
This is a very weird year and not an over strong top 8.
You don’t have to be Brisbane 2001 to win a flag as we seen with Collingwood last year.

We’re the most consistent side going around in the last 6 weeks.
Saturday night for me was a better performance than the Sydney game, real hard tough finals type footy.
If we can bring that game come September there is no reason why we can’t go all the way.

I haven’t got my hopes up too high but I’m onboard .
If we could get the forward line working we’d be the best team in it , maybe not now without Houston but if Dixon can be effective and Georgiades can pick up where he left off and Marshall or Esava hit good form we could be really cooking .
It’ll be very interesting who we pick to replace Houston I wasn’t overly impressed with Burton on Sat. night . That leaves Williams or Sinn

No offence Lil but what are you talking about? Rewrite history? The history of the Port Adelaide Football Club extends eons before Ken Hinkley and the history of the Port Adelaide Football Club is to rise up in the face of injustice visited upon us by various football leagues.

I never once mentioned Hinkley, I said the Port Adelaide Football Club. And it's time we reclaimed our history.
AMEN FF!

Not sure if it’s our year but one thing that bodes well is that this year we have shown we are capable of all “types” of win, including:
  • the flogging
  • the regulation win (about 20pts up the whole game)
  • the come from behind
  • the clutch finish
  • the arm wrestle but we pulled away in q4
  • the held on while the oppo made a late charge

We’ve had instances of all of these this year.

We've had stretches like this in 2020/21 and 2023 were we won close games mainly because our forward half attacking patterns are and always have been awful under hinkley.

If we were coached by a great coach we wouldn't of need to grind out so many wins because our team should be smashing more teams to dust.

Showdown never should of been that close

Along with Hawthorn, we are the form side in the competition.

Credit to the coaching staff. Since the Lions Booing game, they have implemented many good to great decisions. The midfield is balanced. The backline has been outstanding. When Georgiades is playing, our forward line is good enough.

Wines and Drew grinding it out inside.
Butters and Rozee outside.
Sweet being the Terminator and not taking a backward step like an old school Port ruck. Also taking the ruck when he started the year as second ruck. Very good year by him. Underrated.
The Hornet playing more forward. Great move.
The press is not as high it seems.
Leading forwards are honoured.
Georgiades being the number one banana and becoming a Top 5 forward.
Ratugolea as number two gorilla. Work in progress but doing enough.
Dixon going from first banana to third banana and doing enough. I appreciate the humility.
Bergman actually killing it in defence. He's top shelf.
Rioli running back into form.
Aliir back in form and concerned with what he does best.
Lachie Jones starting to gain confidence, in the air and on the deck.
Dan doing his AA thing.
Jase with a strong improving game on the wing.
Farrell having a quietly good year.
Logan Evans coming from nowhere and given a chance and taking it.
A stronger element of accountability and move towards defence.
Boaky turning back the clock a couple of hours.
The rest of the guys feeding off this and playing their role.

The team is playing well. What can you say?

I know there is history but the coaches have put the boys in the best chance possible to win. That's all you can ask.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just think they've bought some credits with their past couple of months of footy. Every week there are posts about Oh Port are set up to win this and the nek minnit What happen Port, or posts about pick 6 small forwards. It just does my head in because since the bye where we had that shitshow against GWS and then the debacle against Brisbane we have come to play every week.

We eked out a tough win against a Saints side that can surprise at Marvel, thrashed the in-form Bulldogs, come from 5 goals down away to beat Carlton, destroyed Sydney, toughed out a close win against a last gasp Melbourne, and beat a pretty good Adelaide side that was hell-bent on derailing our season. In among there was a crappy game against Gold Coast, but many sides have gone up there and flopped. And even that we could have won.

They've been consistent with selection, they've played football that is recognisably Port Adelaide. We've even managed to upset the football world again with a bump and created a fortress mentality with an absurdly long suspension.

If we lose to Freo you're free to take it however you want. But I think they have earned the right not be judged on that game in isolation from the past 6 weeks or so. If they flop in finals, Hinkley is done along with a few careers.

But as per the thread title, I'm aboard the train and I'm not hopping off until the terminus, whatever that may be.

Has a feel about it this year.

Feels like it’s the players - JHF etc, born winners, having to drag Ken along to uncharted territory.

The biff on the weekend felt so unlike Ken and Koch and more like old Port, possibly more Carr like.

If we make the GF we win it. Same as 04.

Brisbane, GWS and ourselves are the only teams that can destroy our premiership hopes imo, GWS and Lions with their run and gun speed just destroy our gameplan most of the time

Hawthorn would open us up in a similar way. And I know we smashed the Bulldogs but they're a different beast in finals in the opposite way to us.

When it comes down to finals, you shouldn't be too worried about playing a certain team or favourable matchups too much and tyring to jostle for position and things like that.

It is more important to stay focussed and play 3 great games against very good opposition.

I have quietly always been on board. The club is in my dna, and I can never wish a loss, no matter how much I want the 2 Head-Honchos gone! I have kept my membership up, and have always felt we had the players & the team to go far.

I have really respected everyone else's view though, and loved what Tredrea's "untenable" comments have resulted in. Then the booing of Ken - I could never have done it (I have never booed any player ... reserved solely for umps!), but there is no doubt it galvanized Ken & the players, and this has been a different team since then! So well done to the boo'ers. You have copped hate, vitriol, and gaslighting, but it has worked!

We are in this with a good chance. I reckon the winner comes from the top-4, and of those Port has some really good form, as equal as any.

Choo Choo Train GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

I'm not one for hyperbole but if you not on board, if you're lukewarm, if you remember past failures, if you're worried about the coaching matchups, I understand, I get it but forget about it and get on board!!!!!!!! Its finals and the boys need the support and the good vibrations.

The boys are playing good, solid Port Adelaide footy. It is a joy to watch.

Just remember the last time we won in 2004. It was the best.

If we win a flag, the Four Frauds could be unbearable. Sure. They might take a blow torch to the fan base even though all we've been asking for the team to play the right way. Maybe Dixon is unbearable. Who knows,

What I will say is that a premiership would be awesome.
If we jagged one this year, it would mean we are equal with two with the Cows and they would be crumbling apart at the seams. Glenside would get a real workout.
Also, we are early in the premiership window and should be looking to reel off a few more.

So I'm supporting the boys no matter who is playing. If Jed plays, I'm backing him.

Carn the Power!!!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

All Aboard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back