All Australian Team 08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give it a try, but without thinking too hard about it.

B: Bolton Scarlett Croad
HB: Hodge (vc) Bock Pratt
C: Cooney Kirk (c) Richardson
HF: Pavlich Franklin Didak
F: Harvey Fevola Medhurst
R: Cox Ablett Selwood
INT: Sandilands Mitchell Boyd O'Keefe

Wanted to include Steve Johnson, Jimmy Bartel, Jono Brown, Dale Morris and a few others but there are only so many spots. Went with Medders in the pocket purely because he has the most goals and I follow the Pies ;)

not bad not bad but there is no way the cornes brothers will get in or even N.Stevens You might want to consider matthew stokes
Umm - I didn't have either Cornes, or Stevens in my side?

could richo possibly become an all australian this year?

everybody loves richo and this has been arguably his best year. could he squeeze into the aa interchange? i hope he does but i think they're are better tall forwards in the game and jimmy bartel and joel selwood will get a spot on the win. thoughts

Re: could richo possibly become an all australian this year?

Yeah he's a chance. But the AA is a waste of time so I doubt he could care less. Still yet to find anybody who can tell me what the point of it is. Some selections are just plain farcical. He only made the i/c when he kicked 91 goals (not from ff either) in '96 off the back of a serious knee injury.

Yeah he's a chance. But the AA is a waste of time so I doubt he could care less. Still yet to find anybody who can tell me what the point of it is. Some selections are just plain farcical.

I agree. Talk about "much ado about nothing". People go on about AA team selection like it's some evidence of a successful career, but I'd rather play in 1 premiership than make 10 AA teams.

everybody loves richo and this has been arguably his best year. could he squeeze into the aa interchange? i hope he does but i think they're are better tall forwards in the game and jimmy bartel and joel selwood will get a spot on the win. thoughts
You say it like it's unlikely. I think he'd be pretty unlucky to miss out, he's been one of the best players this year and pretty consistent.

I agree. Talk about "much ado about nothing". People go on about AA team selection like it's some evidence of a successful career, but I'd rather play in 1 premiership than make 10 AA teams.

Yeah - I mean Cameron Mooney will have AA next to his name. Good luck to him but it's just a "flavour of the month" caper. History also shows it's harder to get out of the AA than it is to get in it. My theory is: If Gerard Healy mentions you by Round 10, you're in. And you could be slaying them in the bottom team, but you will rarely get in ahead of a bloke from a top team (unless you're one of their faves). Reminds me of when they tell us how many ANZAC Medals Hird won - so what? They don't tell us how many BOG's every player has snagged in every Home and Away match.

If he plays well in any of our last 3 games hes a certainty. AA selection is as much of a popularity contest as anything else and everyone loves Richo at the moment. Deledio has been better and should win our B & F by a mile, however Lids probably has no chance of AA.

He's a certainty! I can't believe the question even needed to be asked!

By Round 15 people were listing about 5-6 players who, if they did not play another game, would still get AA.

Richo was always one of them :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deserves a spot, has single-handedly won the Tigers a good 4-5 matches. I don't think the Tigers will have any other players included, although Nathan Foley has been superb.

richo will definately make it in .. it'll be good publicity for the afl is richo makes it ... brett deledio will make the top 40 .. but will struggle to fit in ... even though in my BIAS opinion he should get in ...

After Round 20:

B: Tom Harley (c); Matthew Scarlett; Dale Morris
HB: Luke Hodge; Nathan Bock; Corey Enright
C: Matthew Richardson; Jimmy Bartel; Joel Corey
HF: Ryan O'Keefe; Nick Riewoldt (vc); Brent Harvey
F: Steve Johnson; Lance Franklin; Brendan Fevola
R: Dean Cox; Gary Ablett; Adam Cooney
INT: David Hille; Brett Kirk; Sam Mitchell; Matthew Pavlich

Still not sure on Steve Johnson but no one else has really stood out as a small/medium forward. Maybe Medhurst but he has dropped off a bit lately.

B: S Fisher Scarlett Mackie
HB: Wheatley Bock Swan
C: Richardson Bartel Cooney
HF: B Harvey Pavlich J Selwood
F: Fevola Franklin Medhurst
R: Cox K Cornes G Ablett
INT: Hille Riewoldt Corey Kirk

I think Patfull should be in the squad at least.
He has some massive scalps this year. Burton, Murphy, Robertson etc.

Franklin may have kicked a few on him, but he held him to 7 scoring shots or something which was well down on his average of 12 or something insane.

Can't remember the stats from the first time we played them this year.

Harley Scarlett Morris

Hodge Bock Enright

Richo Black Cooney

Riewoldt Franklin O'keefe

Medhurst Fev Boomer

Cox Ablett Bartel

Bench: Petrie Mitchell Corey Pavlich

unlucky: selwood, hille, pratt,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad