All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK needs to stop worrying about WWE and commenting on them going and extra hour or the comment about RAW being sh*t. We all know Raw has been sh*t for a long time but Dynamite has put out some really sh*t shows to.

I can't see Bryan and Punk on rampage and buy ins competing with Smackdown even if its on FS1. Happy to be proven wrong but think they are going for a long shot there.

Did Tony and AEW beat WWE top show?

Was a fantastic match and it’s so nice to see wrestling variety. I don’t have it quite at the level you do Miro but the combination of great commentary, dream match status and hot crowd certainly made it one of the better matches this year.

Everything just worked for it so well. Some of those shots Suzuki was laying in on BD were stiff as ****

(Log in to remove this ad.)

90k live is pretty good for a YouTube stream I reckon...

Seems like a waste of a high profile match purely to play a "It's not a War, but it's a war" with the opposing wrestling company.

Bryan Vs Suzuki should be seen by their full audience--- whether it's on Dynamite or Rampage, not on a YouTube "Buy In" up against the most watched wrestling show in the US. I've watched it (but didn't watch it live) and it was an excellent match, just think that Khan should focus on building his own product rather than making spontaneous moves for the sake of "messing" with the opposition.

Seems like a waste of a high profile match purely to play a "It's not a War, but it's a war" with the opposing wrestling company.

Bryan Vs Suzuki should be seen by their full audience--- whether it's on Dynamite or Rampage, not on a YouTube "Buy In" up against the most watched wrestling show in the US. I've watched it (but didn't watch it live) and it was an excellent match, just think that Khan should focus on building his own product rather than making spontaneous moves for the sake of "messing" with the opposition.
Yeah not sure I necessarily agree with "it's too good a match to show for free" - it's an exhibition since Suzuki most likely ain't gonna be joining the roster full time. The aim of it is to turn heads - whether they did or not who knows. Making the product more accessible is building the product.

Yeah not sure I necessarily agree with "it's too good a match to show for free" - it's an exhibition since Suzuki most likely ain't gonna be joining the roster full time. The aim of it is to turn heads - whether they did or not who knows. Making the product more accessible is building the product.

It’s not Suzuki I’m focusing on, it’s Danielson— he’s just wrestled one of his “dream matches” & it could only draw 90k viewers on YouTube.

No different than Punk matches being wasted on Rampage & being watched by 500k viewers.

The two guys who were supposed to “turn the tide” on the wrestling industry aren’t wrestling in matches that are growing the industry, but are being watched by the existing audience.

It’s not Suzuki I’m focusing on, it’s Danielson— he’s just wrestled one of his “dream matches” & it could only draw 90k viewers on YouTube.

No different than Punk matches being wasted on Rampage & being watched by 500k viewers.

The two guys who were supposed to “turn the tide” on the wrestling industry aren’t wrestling in matches that are growing the industry, but are being watched by the existing audience.

They wasted the momentum really, they won’t catch WWE with what they are putting out at the moment. They’d have to get Roman or Brock to jump ship to draw bulk numbers. There’s no one else that could top Bryan and Punk for interest sake.

I think we are still very early on in this whole thing. The product has generally been very good and if they keep that up, viewership will hopefully steadily grow.

Showing good matches for free to "only" 90k live on YouTube (plus however many watched on Fite, as it aired there as well) will only help that. And if not, oh well - it already has a pretty good viewership and a dedicated fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back