All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought they might have protected Ruby a little bit more by having her win by DQ, but that's not really AEW's style.
Did I miss something regarding the Owen Hart Foundation announcement? They mentioned it very briefly, and I thought they were going to talk about it a bit later in the broadcast but it didn't come up? Wouldn't mind seeing Darby & Sting challenge for the tag titles, even a face vs face team for a change. Should they consider orchestrating a double turn with Malakai and Cody, or just let it play out naturally?

Should they consider orchestrating a double turn with Malakai and Cody, or just let it play out naturally?

I feel with Cody’s expressions toward the crowd, Brandi getting in the ring with the “**** you” and Cody shoving the ref, he’s all but confirmed a turn. I’m relieved Black won and it’s good to see awareness shown by AEW.

Bryan vs Omega was good but God damn it was way too long. I ******* haaaaateeee long matches. If you can tell a good story in a shorter period of time then that's always the better option. If it had been 10-15 minutes that would be the sweet spot.
Wow. I wanted moar

I don’t want to hear y’all talking about this ‘workrate’... and moonsaults. I don’t care about any of that. Ya heard? You want a great match? Nah - bump that. I wanna see two big men with big... chests and big muscles, bumping meat. That’s why I’m here. That’s why I watched wrestling as a kid. You want your five star matches? You want your 30 minute classics? Not me. Big meaty men slapping meat. That’s what I want.

That show was Fire!!! Agree on opening match time being announced a bit more often or at least audible but a fantastic match with the correct finish. Everything was good in this show, I don’t know how anyone could complain. Loved Punk constantly referencing ‘Yes’ in his promo and you could definitely do an angle between him and Danielson over their ‘philosophical differences’ towards wrestling. The crowds really add to the enjoyment of watching AEW too with their unbridled enthusiasm, the reactions to Cody and Ruby were mixed which I thought was interesting? Not really getting the Cody heat to be honest but the Cody/ Arn interplay was a perfect addition to that match.

Bryan vs Omega was good but God damn it was way too long. I ******* haaaaateeee long matches. If you can tell a good story in a shorter period of time then that's always the better option. If it had been 10-15 minutes that would be the sweet spot.

lol think you are in the minority on this one. Was always going to go to a draw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They should put actual graphics of the time remaining on TV at major intervals e.g. 10 mins remaining, 5 mins, 2,1 etc. should happen with every match imo. Was very random the way it all ended.
Previously Justin would do the countdown on the mic, today it just ended. A countdown clock from 30 seconds would be epic

Reports that the next title belt coming will be a women’s title.

My guess is a women’s tag team belt. Tai Conti and Anna Jay my picks to win it defeating Nyla Rose and Diamanté

I feel with Cody’s expressions toward the crowd, Brandi getting in the ring with the “fu** you” and Cody shoving the ref, he’s all but confirmed a turn. I’m relieved Black won and it’s good to see awareness shown by AEW.
Agree - Im surprised to read all the live PWtorch reports etc saying they're pissed off he's staying face and is unaware of the crowd reactions.
Imo hes playing it perfectly! Keep doing the grand, over the top HHH type entrances - make them more out there each time, keep doing over the top John cena like rah rah rah promos - extra points for cringe USA USA mentioned, keep bringing your entourage of just 2 out for every occasion, and occasionally snap at Arn.
Perfect "out of touch" heel - something Cena would have killed at if he had ever turned heel

Yeah I'm absolutely in the minority there mate, no question, different strokes for different folks though.

I reckon I agree with you in general, I’m a bit the same. But there certainly is exceptions and I thought this match warranted it.

I loved the draw too. Something different and adds to the story, which hopefully is a long term one. Thought the only negative was the lack of communication about the time but that’s been mentioned a few times and seems all agree.

I recall one of the Omega/Okada matches was a 1 hour draw. That match was so great that I wasn’t bothered with it not having a clean finish. I was just in awe of how great both guys are and just appreciated the effort they put in. They both completely emptied their tanks in that one.

The Omega/Danielson 30 min draw by comparison felt like a bit of a teaser, even though it’s still a great match in its own right. There is more to come later. A 45 minute championship match on a PPV at some point in 2022 (after Danielson racks up wins) would be good.

That's awesome. I've loved him for 16 years, I'm so glad he's not done and he's coming back with something interesting.

You're going to hate the 2nd match of the series - I'm almost certain that both Omega and Danielson are keen to do a 60 minute broadway, and they might even do the "5 more minutes" gimmick where they time the finish properly and still draw with Kenny in the Labelle lock or the cattle mutilation (I'm almost certain that, timing wise, they missed the finish today.)

I don't know how far away the next PPV is, but it'd be such good business - you can charge people for the 60 minute broadway cos it'll be amazing, then you can back it up and pop a tv rating with the 3rd match where you start the show with it and there's no time limit (they don't even have to go 60 - you can justify it that, without the handcuff of the time limit, they went hell for leather and got it done in 25 minutes.)

Then you've got 90 minutes left to put on an amazing show with nothing announced, and it's one of those phenomenal episodes that the hit on maybe every 6-8 weeks where everything flows, everything is incredible, and the show flies by cos they seemingly just didn't overthink it. (I think today was one of those shows.)

Ok show. Draw ok but failing to declare how long was remaining stuffed it to some degree. Needed time remaining calls at 10, 5, 2 and one minute remaining with commentators getting into it. Just come from out of no where. BD and Omega could have probably had more false finishes in those last few minutes also. Personally I would have had it the main event with interference backfiring on Omega and Danielson winning.

Everything else was solid enough but felt like FTR v Derby and Sting was a bit of a mess and that Sting struggled. Was far better at DON tag.

Cody definitely heel now also. Kind of a relief as so many dislike him anyhow but a worry as heels generally need wins and the pissing and moaning around here when Cody wins (or possibly might win) anything is ####en embarassing.

Reports that the next title belt coming will be a women’s title.

My guess is a women’s tag team belt. Tai Conti and Anna Jay my picks to win it defeating Nyla Rose and Diamanté

mid it is a women’s tag title, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Iinspiration’s has signed with the company.

I’m guessing it’s either a women’s tag, or trio’s belt. I wouldn’t mind a belt for the 25’s and under. Just to showcase the younger talent they have more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back