Injury All Grand Final injury news - Ball's Hammy, Dids shoulder and more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Ball's Hammy

Hey this is a Very Important Thread as Ball will help us next week in the Granny

He was kidding TD.

Didn't look good for mine. I'm not buying into the cramp hyperbole from Mick and Maxy and co just yet. He looked really proppy coming off. God I hope they're correct though. He's just so important to us.

Wishful thinking. He didn't have the body language at all of someone who feared missing the grannie.

More worried about Didak's shoulder although it looked (fingers crossed) minor and probably just aggravated the pain of his injury without doing significant damage, as often happens when stressing a recovering joint injury.

I find usually it will hurt like hell for about 5 to 10 minutes and then you're actually better than before the tweak - it sort of desensitizes the injury, maybe it's pheromones or something.

Dids hurt his shoulder (again presumably given the strapping) a lot earlier than the incident in the last. He played on with hardly any worries. Seems like a mind over matter sort of injury to me - should be able to play thorugh it. At a guess anyway.

Dids hurt his shoulder (again presumably given the strapping) a lot earlier than the incident in the last. He played on with hardly any worries. Seems like a mind over matter sort of injury to me - should be able to play thorugh it. At a guess anyway.

yeah saw that too - guessing its one of those injuries where he'd miss if it was a game against the eagles at etihad - but it isnt, so he'll play.

I highly doubt it was cramp.
How on earth have you come to that conclusion? Can the coach, medical staff and players be any more emphatic that it was cramp? It makes sense considering there was not a game played last week. Even 3AW accepted that he is likely to be fit for selection.

How on earth have you come to that conclusion? Can the coach, medical staff and players be any more emphatic that it was cramp? It makes sense considering there was not a game played last week. Even 3AW accepted that he is likely to be fit for selection.
And how can you be so emphatic it was cramp? 3AW? hahaha heresay evidence just like what we are all speculating isnt it?

because cramps happen in the middle of the hamstring, not at the top.

He may have just nicked it, but hamstrings cramp in the middle of the muscle, its a physiological fact

SEN said the same and that Coll'wood didn't want to risk him further. Seriously who knows. They said he will be booked in for a scan tomorrow.

The atmosphere was electric at the game tonight because the majority of the crowd was either Coll or Geel. Unfortunately next week is for the sponsors and corporates and people who probably don't barrack for either team.

That was a high up tear of the hammy. Pies will claim cramp all week.

You guys will hope its a hammy.... Imagine if ball plays a blinder to get the pies over the saints..... I hated myself for cheering the pies today... but I want to see this... footy has fairytales right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

because cramps happen in the middle of the hamstring, not at the top.

He may have just nicked it, but hamstrings cramp in the middle of the muscle, its a physiological fact
Thankyou! to true, Ball is in a fair bit of grief for next week, ill almost guarantee he doesnt play, so so sad for him and its just not fair!

Cramping to the hamstring happens in the middle of the muscle and rarely high up near the buttocks, a tear or strain can happen anywhere in this area
That's not accurate. The hamstrings are made up of three muscles and cramping can occur in any one of them.
And how can you be so emphatic it was cramp?
Because my ears work, and I listen, and I pay attention.
3AW? hahaha heresay evidence just like what we are all speculating isnt it?
I'm not speculating at all. I have simply listened to what was reported. There appears to be people that have not done that though because they prefer to speculate. Mick Malthouse appeared to be getting frustrated by the people that didn't believe him.

Off topic but your inbox is full KissStephanie:

So you have been here a while, where is the best place to watch the pies win the Grand Final? As in not overly packed with (non Collingwood) people and with many corners to cry undisturbed just in case.

The atmosphere was electric at the game tonight because the majority of the crowd was either Coll or Geel. Unfortunately next week is for the sponsors and corporates and people who probably don't barrack for either team.

i was explaining this to a sydney mate today - for the supporters who attend today is the grand final. next week is lost to the rich man, and his girlfriend, and she wishes she was out shopping.

There's a difference in the cramp you get from having a shit and from actually running around building up lactic acid and general fatigue though, is there not?

oh i dunno unplugged - i can think of a few marathons ive had to endure.
thank god for newspapers & SEN for giving me a clear head when needed.

And how can you be so emphatic it was cramp? 3AW? hahaha heresay evidence just like what we are all speculating isnt it?

yeah, we don't know for sure. it might be a long week. but personally i'm happy to take what mick said at face value. he was interviewed literally seconds after speaking with Ball, and it seemed like he was being completely honest about what Bally told him. Was the same in the press conference, made a point of saying something like "i know you guys think i just feed you anything but" and went on to say Luke and the medical staff have told him it's a cramp.

Ok, so I've found the bit where Tim Watson mentioned that Ball has gone to the rooms, dialed it back a bit to about 8:45 left in the third when Pods marks (and consequently pushes his first shot at goal out to the right), and Ball can be seen jogging slowly (but freely) at the bottom left of the screen.

Between then and when Watson reports on Ball, just after Cloke has a set shot roughly two minutes later, I can't see Ball in any contest at all.

Make of that what you will.

Didak looked fine after the indecent...even kicked a goal & moved arms freely

Ball looked ok in the rooms....his leg was not on ice so I would say cramp is what it really was after all.

definately not cramp ive had cramp before when i sat on the dunny too long it didnt hurt that bad
Ha ha ha! There are various degrees of cramp that can occur anywhere in the three muscles. Somehow I don't think your dunny cramp is the slightest bit comparable.
Off topic but your inbox is full KissStephanie:
Oh okay...I will empty it later.
So you have been here a while, where is the best place to watch the pies win the Grand Final? As in not overly packed with (non Collingwood) people and with many corners to cry undisturbed just in case.
This is the event that I am aware of that is organised by the New York Magpies. It's located in midtown.

That's not accurate. The hamstrings are made up of three muscles and cramping can occur in any one of them.Because my ears work, and I listen, and I pay attention.I'm not speculating at all. I have simply listened to what was reported. There appears to be people that have not done that though because they prefer to speculate. Mick Malthouse appeared to be getting frustrated by the people that didn't believe him.
Because you listen? and believe everything that you are told? by 3AW no less, hmmm interesting!
And a severe cramp like Ball had apparantly, occurs in the middle or lower muscle because that is where all the workload on the muscle occurs,

And because you have listened to what the radio tell you, you are not speculating? plaese Steph spare me!

His hammy was iced apparently.

From the CFC website:

"Ball clutched at his hamstring in the third quarter of the 41-point win over Geelong and immediately left the ground and went straight to the rooms. He did not return to the field and was seen icing his hamstring.

The injury was the only concern for the Magpies in the dominant win but Collingwood coach Mick Malthouse said Ball was just suffering from cramp.

“I’m not trying to kid you here. I’m not trying to make out anything. He came off with a cramp,” he said"

Full Article: http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/102812/default.aspx

Sounds to me that worse case its a minor hammy, best case it was a cramp.

Whatever the case, I am so proud of our club taking the right precautions with injuries as opposed to say the Saints who put Riewoldt back on when they played us and he tore his hammy or Richmond who did similar things with Cousins.

Make no mistake, Ball will be given every chance to play next week and has already begun receiving the 'best practice' treatment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury All Grand Final injury news - Ball's Hammy, Dids shoulder and more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back