Mega Thread All things Jack Watts - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it will end up closer to the NFL. Where spending ends up roughly equal due to the market being maxed out and thus it turns into a quality of management thing.

Eg Green Bay have the smallest market but have won multiple Super Bowls, yet the Jets have a massive market (NYC) but have a history of massive mismanagement.

Difference between us and the NFL though is their fixture isn't as compromised anywhere near as much as ours, so they start from a more level commercial playing field from the get go.

Another point I will add to that is the movement of good senior players over the past few years. Burgoyne, Hale, Gibson, Lake, Goddard, Rivers, Ball... Common theme is a move from a smaller club (often struggling at the time) to one of the big powerhouses.

Of course there will always be exceptions (love you Clarky) but there is certainly a pattern there IMO.
Melbourne was also interested Hale, and he said he was happy to go to either Hawthorn or Melbourne, it was basically whichever club offered a better trade and Hawthorn offered pick 27 and we would only offer pick 33.

We drafted Jeremy Howe with pick 33 :)

Watts leaving would have been a "buy high, sell low" result, right out of the Mark Neeld playbook.

Good to hear Watts is staying, although much depends on how much Melbourne is going to pay him, and over what duration.

Watts leaving would have been a "buy high, sell low" result, right out of the Mark Neeld playbook.

Good to hear Watts is staying, although much depends on how much Melbourne is going to pay him, and over what duration.
We have the salary cap space & could offer more than Carlton could if we choose to do so. I would suggest they'd offer him 3 years in line with Roos 2-3 year window. By that point he'll either be a much sort after player or have no market value at all, so he'll be a Dee for life if he commits now.

Paul Conners said on SEN this morning that he 'expects that Jack will be playing under Roos in 2014.'

I'm sure there are others who also read this as 'will be playing for the Roos' haha.

Great news, but I'll believe it when I see it. Be interesting to see what Paul Roos does with him regarding positioning.

Melbourne was also interested Hale, and he said he was happy to go to either Hawthorn or Melbourne, it was basically whichever club offered a better trade and Hawthorn offered pick 27 and we would only offer pick 33.

We drafted Jeremy Howe with pick 33 :)
So in hindsight who would you rather have? I'm glad we drafted Howe and have Gawn rather than Hale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul Connor's said on 7 news that Jack Watts will stay and is now only waiting for money/years which he stated he will discuss over next few days.

Well this is bullshit isn't it.

Sure it's good that Jack stays (love him) but I've been bagging him since his footy show performance.

It's like when a mate dumps some slurry and you tell her why she was a mega bitch, hated by all, only for him to get back together before the week is out.

Sure it's good that Jack stays (love him) but I've been bagging him since his footy show performance.

It's like when a mate dumps some slurry and you tell her why she was a mega bitch, hated by all, only for him to get back together before the week is out.

Good thing we're fickle :D

most of us were mate, youre not alone. I started when he apparently decided he was gonna wait for coach, no where the player that can demand that

Well since TFS last Thursday:
- Paul Roos has been appointed coach.
- Assistant coaches have been appointed.
- Players have come out saying they now want to stay - in particular Watts, who was slammed on TFS earlier this year.

Wonder if the Purple Dickhead will have new news on the Dees front, expecting something.

Well since TFS last Thursday:
- Paul Roos has been appointed coach.
- Assistant coaches have been appointed.
- Players have come out saying they now want to stay - in particular Watts, who was slammed on TFS earlier this year.

Wonder if the Purple Dickhead will have new news on the Dees front, expecting something.
my money is the past week positives would be ignored and will be mainly bagging melbourne for asking for a pick... barro is a wanko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back