Mega Thread All things Jack Watts - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was far from impressed with Watts on TFS. Disgusted really that he didn't take the opportunity to shore up some hope in the club.

However... Looking back, it is kind of the Afl player's equivalent of dropping hints to your boss that you are undervalued at the pointy end of negotiations and are due for a raise. I've done the normal work version of this (with mixed results) and therefore can't begrudge him

In the Handball on Sunday Footy Show... Says he's 'a big chance' to stay... Still fumbled through saying that.

50/50 to stay IMO... Not a Roos 50/50 either... a real 50/50

Really? I think it looks almost certain he's staying.

Really? I think it looks almost certain he's staying.

Yeah. Just the way he said didn't sit right with me.

My reasoning for that is purely hypothetical. I reckon because his form wasn't great, and his uncertainty to talk with the club about re-signing; the club probably hasn't offered him what he thought he'd get. Now he is genuinely weighing up options. Not just being a child, like I felt he was a couple of months ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah. Just the way he said didn't sit right with me.

My reasoning for that is purely hypothetical. I reckon because his form wasn't great, and his uncertainty to talk with the club about re-signing; the club probably hasn't offered him what he thought he'd get. Now he is genuinely weighing up options. Not just being a child, like I felt he was a couple of months ago.
He also said hopefully an announcement in the next 2-3 weeks which gave me indication that they are working on his contract.

Should be taking a pay cut and be grateful to be coached by a true Football champion. Should also grow some balls and tackle someone.
Howe do you expect me to fall for that deal.

Sorry.

I'm closin' the Dawes on this cuz I'Mitchin' about watts on the horizon and howe it's gonna happen. 2014 surely Fitz in the positive bin!

Oh, Jessie Hogan. :p

Was on Triple M earlier tonight - seemed to all but confirm he would sign on in the coming days. JB and Brownless seemed pretty sure it was all but a done deal too.

Fantastic. After the popularity Virgin Airlines comp entry I reckon it'd really take the wind out of the sails if he left the club.

When all is said and done, the only way he was going to leave was either if we stuffed up the new coaching appointment and got someone else as toxic as Neeld, or if Roos had said to him "I don't see you in our best 22." He's always wanted to stay with his mates and be part of MFC's resurrection.

Unfortunately, given his experience with Neeld, he couldn't totally discount those possibilities until they happened. Can't blame him at all for waiting to see how the land lies.

Was on Triple M earlier tonight - seemed to all but confirm he would sign on in the coming days. JB and Brownless seemed pretty sure it was all but a done deal too.
I was pleased to hear that, and am now confident he's not going anyway.
I was disappointed with the way Brayshaw spoke to Watts in what sounded like a condescending tone.

Brayshaw's just a typical north idiot

Cries we're getting assistance.....ummmm James?
Pot kettle black indeed JB.
Just felt it was disrespectful the way JB kept calling him "Jackie Boy" and just the way he spoke in general. Billy was just Billy as usual, had no problem with him.

Pot kettle black indeed JB.
Just felt it was disrespectful the way JB kept calling him "Jackie Boy" and just the way he spoke in general. Billy was just Billy as usual, had no problem with him.

The guy is basically a middle of the road cricket bogan

Lauded because he staved off the relocation but a bogan idiot at the core of it

At least billy doesn't pretend to be intelligent

Oh come on really guys? Jb is the most interesting commentator and he wasnt talking down to watts, he calls Milne the tip rat ffs ...

I always listen to te friday an Saturday rub an people were staying jb was complaining about us getting Roos and such

Couldn't be further he said many times that the appointment is the best things that could have happened to the footy club and he is against the pp as a principle nothing to do with Melbourne or anyone

Oh come on really guys? Jb is the most interesting commentator and he wasnt talking down to watts, he calls Milne the tip rat ffs ...

I always listen to te friday an Saturday rub an people were staying jb was complaining about us getting Roos and such

Couldn't be further he said many times that the appointment is the best things that could have happened to the footy club and he is against the pp as a principle nothing to do with Melbourne or anyone

Honestly. Sometimes people just want to hate commentators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back