Mega Thread All things Jack Watts - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thinking by Roos to move him to the midfield. If he can get stronger through the core and get some fight into him, he can be a pretty dangerous wingman. Exciting times :rainbow:

Nice to have you back onboard Jackson. Now to deliver on Wayne Carey's AA prediction, only 1 year late.

Look at everyone sucking back up now.

I'm back on the bandwagon... Fair weather footballer me!
Nah, like everyone, I was a bit disappointed with the footy show appearance. He has stuck to his word and committed so time to move on and hope that Jack has the will to become an A-grader, which he has the potential to do.

Good thinking by Roos to move him to the midfield. If he can get stronger through the core and get some fight into him, he can be a pretty dangerous wingman. Exciting times :rainbow:

Where else is he going to play when we have a fully fit Clark Dawes and Hogan hunting in the forwardline. It's good he can be a wingman who rests forward when we need him there, he has the talent to play all over the ground, hopefully Roos gives him some mongrel.

With flash retiring he is probably the best kick in the club (at hitting a target). Midfield is great for that. Our disposal out of there at present is worse than the Tuggeranong hawks 3rd grade. Yup that bad :)

With flash retiring he is probably the best kick in the club (at hitting a target). Midfield is great for that. Our disposal out of there at present is worse than the Tuggeranong hawks 3rd grade. Yup that bad :)
Leave Tuggeranong out of this...I played junior footy for Tuggeranong lions...ok it was 20 years ago and I was 7...I still have a soft spot :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised at 3 years. Make or break now for Watts and the club. Good luck to him.

My wife has connections with most AFL clubs and the AFL itself through her work. Someone who works at Carlton told her Watts was signed with them. What a load of bullshit. I told her as much months ago when she told me. Goes to show people with inside knowledge can be wrong.

Leave Tuggeranong out of this...I played junior footy for Tuggeranong lions...ok it was 20 years ago and I was 7...I still have a soft spot :)
I was a lion, a bulldog, a cowboy and now a hawk. Just an Indian short of the YMCA I think :)

Several months ago I stated that Watts should play in the center square like Roughy I think his basketball skills .. and good skills below the knees would help us in that area.

I would bet Roo's will have him in the gym full on this preseason to get stronger and fitter.

Watts is good when he gets the ball .. when he gets it .. in the middle he will have more opportunity.

Still needs to go in harder to make the most of his abilities in the middle. Best footy I've seen him play is when he is able to lead into space / at the ball and mark relatively uncontested. Actually he's played excellent footy off half back but he seems to go missing there (plus he cops a lot of shit playing there).

Interesting to see how he goes in the midfield. He has time and space with ball in hand and is our best kick. On the other hand 196 is absolutely massive for a mid, the tall mids in the comp are around 190.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back