Scape Goat Alleged SPP incident/broken curfew + malicious and exploitative reporting by Channel 7 news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. There is no need at all for a description of what was on the video to be out there. What is to be gained by having that out there?

KT could at least answered something like

"from a legal and more importantly moral standpoint, our investigation has concluded that Sam did not commit sexual assault and vehemently deny any such allegation that this is what occurred. We have accepted there may have been what some may see as inappropriate touching but we do not feel it is in the interest of any of the parties involved to explain that in any greater detail. I will not comment on that particular aspect further..."

Anyone thinking that this will go to court is going to be sorely disappointed. More than likely a behind closed doors discussion with C7 and legal boffins where a negotiated out of court settlement is agreed upon and no-one hears of it again.
Process will be to commence defamation proceedings. The courts will first order negotiations before they go to court, no?

Kochie said the head of the integrity department didn't see it. That is one of the 15 people in that department. KT said about 2 of those 15 people did see it.

That's like the lead investigator not viewing all the evidence.
If you think that's acceptable, then you're dumber then you seem.

Well, no-one else has.
I just feel like I'm fighting a losing internet argument battle on Facebook, I'm pretty much the only one defending SPP in one group and I'm being lumped in with MRA's and red pill f**kwits for it.

It's all well and good here in this thread with all of us being one-eyed Port supporters, but I'm not sure many others are convinced of his innocence.

"from a legal and more importantly moral standpoint, our investigation and that of the AFL Integrity Department has concluded that Sam did not commit sexual assault and vehemently deny any such allegation that this is what occurred. We have accepted there may have been what some may see as inappropriate touching but we do not feel it is in the interest of any of the parties involved to explain that in any greater detail. I will not comment on that particular aspect further..."

I luv KT but I think the press conference could have gone better if Amanda Vanstone fronted the media. Tons of experience in dealing with a media that trying to score points. In a battle of intellects between her and Smithson there's only one winner.
In a battle of intellects between Smithson and Smithson he would lose.

Nah. There is no need at all for a description of what was on the video to be out there. What is to be gained by having that out there?

I can completely understand why KT wouldn't provide a verbal description of what happened. As much as you would want to explain things, the media would latch on to anything you said, to turn it against you.

I just feel like I'm fighting a losing internet argument battle on Facebook, I'm pretty much the only one defending SPP in one group and I'm being lumped in with MRA's and red pill f**kwits for it.

Stock-standard outcome for everyone who doesn't pledge allegiance to the fair and balanced ravings of Clementine Ford.

We will rebuild (if it is societally acceptable to do so).

By not showing the night club footage we have left ourselves open to this dragging on and doubts being raised.

I'm a bit disappointed we wouldn't and couldn't shut him up. KT is right in saying its up to Mr Kim's to release it as it is their's but it doesnt stop the speculation.

Will be interesting to see how 7 reports it tonight - and other media outlets.

I don't know the legalities about us releasing the footage since it's not our footage & perhaps even the girl doesn't want it released either for all we know.

KT just said on SEN that if it were up to him, he'd release the CCTV footage. His comment was "yes, it would be helpful".

This means the decision to not release it is down to Mr Kims, not PAFC.

It should be obvious that the nightclub doesn’t want the footage in the public domain, otherwise they would have released it to Channel 7 by now.

KT is absolutely right to not release the footage or provide a running commentary of what exactly happened. Let it come out in court if it must.

We had no legal right to the footage as No one was charged. It was given to us. Channel 7 must have offered money for it and been knocked back.

I feel for KT no matter how I may measure his responses to some of those questions, mainly from Smithson, because it felt like KT was on trial. Fair dinkum KT is not on trial. Most of those questions do not need to be even answered. Smithson and Ch7 and the media generally just are seeking to continue this issue.

KT is attempting to close the matter and stop the allegations of SA on Pepper and Smithson trying to keep it all alive. Smithson and Ch7 do not want to close this matter.

I still cannot look favourably on the young lady and I know I have stuck my neck out on this. She wanted it to be a warning to Pepper but didn't want to get him into trouble ... but she went to the media to do a tell all. So not only Pepper's had a hard time but KT and Koch as well.

KT looks like he's had a gutful of the job though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"from a legal and more importantly moral standpoint, our investigation has concluded that Sam did not commit sexual assault and vehemently deny any such allegation that this is what occurred. We have accepted there may have been what some may see as inappropriate touching but we do not feel it is in the interest of any of the parties involved to explain that in any greater detail. I will not comment on that particular aspect further..."
I thought that's what he did say, or tried to when he could get a word in with Smithson trying to derail the presser.

lol. That is what he said.

There may also be legal reasons the footage cannot be made public. Keeping the young woman's identity secret might be part of this.

They've been pixelating Mark Robinsons face for years why can't they do it for someone on some grainy nightclub footage?

It's all well and good here in this thread with all of us being one-eyed Port supporters, but I'm not sure many others are convinced of his innocence.

That's why I keep out of Facebook as much as I can.

Knocking back coin from 7 that nightclub must be doing alright
Or there is other incriminating evidence of what goes on there on the 7 hour video that they dont want the media and law to see. ;)

This is exactly what happens when the media is allowed to muckrake and spread lies with impunity.

I feel for KT no matter how I may measure his responses to some of those questions, mainly from Smithson, because it felt like KT was on trial. Fair dinkum KT is not on trial. Most of those questions do not need to be even answered. Smithson and Ch7 and the media generally just are seeking to continue this issue.

KT is attempting to close the matter and stop the allegations of SA on Pepper and Smithson trying to keep it all alive. Smithson and Ch7 do not want to close this matter.

I still cannot look favourably on the young lady and I know I have stuck my neck out on this. She wanted it to be a warning to Pepper but didn't want to get him into trouble ... but she went to the media to do a tell all. So not only Pepper's had a hard time but KT and Koch as well.

KT looks like he's had a gutful of the job though.
I agree. She may have had no idea what she was letting herself in for when she responded to the contact from the media and apparently now wishes she hadn't. But the fact is that it was her decision to agree to speak to them, whatever the motive. She's a 20 year old kid. I wonder if she spoke to anyone else, parent or someone for advice before she agreed to the interview.

lol. That is what he said.

That's not how I interpreted it. When being pressed on what the inappropriate touching was KT was mumbling something about it being in the eye of the beholder.

I didn't feel KT really provided any clarity or handled the questions particularly well when it was bleedingly obvious what the questions were going to be when we said we would not provide detail.

Mike Smithson blows goats.

Now that I have made this claim, it is incumbent on Mike Smithson to disprove it. Unless Mike Smithson provides video evidence of his entire life to date and at no point during that video evidence did he ever blow a goat, I expect this to be Channel 7’s lead story tonight.
3CB6E00A-0033-4ACC-9E40-F8EE86962576.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back