Scape Goat Alleged SPP incident/broken curfew + malicious and exploitative reporting by Channel 7 news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got accused of blowing goats once. By Paul McDermott of all people. Tiny little bugger picked out an adequately sized victim at random in the front row of his Fringe act. Threw out the accusation then jumped off stage into my lap. Silly old goat he was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember a time when I thought his claim to be Chris McDermott's cousin was a bit. How naive I was.

He looks like Colonel Sanders now so who knows what he does with chickens? :p

I’m not going to be able to watch that new quiz show of his now... without clucking with laughter.

2949yq.gif

Spoke to a friend of Sam’s they say it’s unlikely he’ll want to pursue the matter any further.

Best thing Sam can do is become the best footballer there ever was and stick it up the lot of them. I am proud of my club for looking out for his future and mental health within all the constraints they have.

Forerunner to the 7 news - Elpseth Hussey opened without their favourite "hand up her skirt" comment, saying that he was alleged to have put his hand down her skirt. I suppose we have to be thankful for small mercies. They must have realised if they kept on that tack they could have got into serious trouble.

And I don't watch seven news - this came up when I was watching "The Chase". The English one, the Australian one with w***er-in-chief Andrew O'Keefe is crap.
What a smug cow she is. Hope her next botox needle is blunt.

We at Freo feel your pain. 7 treats us with the same lies, innuendo and disrespect. Being 2nd into the comp and the press dominated by the so called big brother supporters makes it very difficult to get any clear air. I heard the presser and could not believe how that 7 knob attacked your CEO. It was a fantastic effort by him to keep his cool. **ck channel 7.
I get you brother

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe some one should ring up again - Complain and record what is said (if it is the same answer) then give it to 5AA & MMM and watch the fireworks begin ...

Very simple answer. Defamation etc is a civil action and Police do not have any role to play.

Criminal Defamation

Under South Australian criminal law there is also an offence of Criminal defamation. Section 237(1) of the Criminal Law Consolidation Act 1935 (SA) provides that:

A person who, without lawful excuse, publishes defamatory matter concerning another living person—

(a) knowing the matter to be false or being recklessly indifferent as to whether the matter is true or false; and

(b) intending to cause serious harm, or being recklessly indifferent as to whether the publication of the defamatory matter will cause serious harm, to a person (whether the person defamed or not,

is guilty of an offence.

Maximum penalty: Imprisonment for 3 years.

If a person charged with criminal defamation can prove that they had a defence if they were subject to a civil claim for damages for defamation then they have a lawful excuse to this offence [s 237(2)].

Criminal Defamation

Under South Australian criminal law there is also an offence of Criminal defamation. Section 237(1) of the Criminal Law Consolidation Act 1935 (SA) provides that:

A person who, without lawful excuse, publishes defamatory matter concerning another living person—

(a) knowing the matter to be false or being recklessly indifferent as to whether the matter is true or false; and

(b) intending to cause serious harm, or being recklessly indifferent as to whether the publication of the defamatory matter will cause serious harm, to a person (whether the person defamed or not,

is guilty of an offence.

Maximum penalty: Imprisonment for 3 years.

If a person charged with criminal defamation can prove that they had a defence if they were subject to a civil claim for damages for defamation then they have a lawful excuse to this offence [s 237(2)].

Now check the Regulations under the Act - the Regulations are the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back