Scape Goat Alleged SPP incident/broken curfew + malicious and exploitative reporting by Channel 7 news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprise that Smithson went to the press conference with the specific aim of dis-crediting KT and the club. He would have been well briefed beforehand by management. KT would have expected and been prepared for it.

Kerry Stokes wouldn't normally care much about Ch7 in Adelaide. Such a small market compared to markets on the eastern seaboard. He'd be a bit annoyed if such a small fish caused damage to the Ch7 brand. And the story has gained reasonable exposure with more to come. I reckon the Adelaide office would be feeling some heat from the top.

I was watching an episode of Frontline the other night and some article or interview they had done had gone horribly wrong and they were all wringing their hands about dire it was for their reputation and being sued, etc and then someone comes in with the ratings figures for that night, which they won - YOU BLOODY BEAUTY!!!

Not all Sturt supporters are disparaging, entitled, privileged, elitist twats...

"#notallsturt" ? Has it really come to this? Mind you you're the only Blue on here so... you could be right ;)

check out the TAC facebook page.

things could get interesting re SPP's racial abuse by sturt supporters

Lol the TAC are literally the last group of luddites who should be casting stones about who was/wasn't racist. The TAC are ****ing cancer.

w
By not showing the night club footage we have left ourselves open to this dragging on and doubts being raised.

The AFL Integrity unit hasn't seen the footage and neither has the media, so you dont get any independent confirmation. You might not like Smithson but it is a fair question to ask KT. He will go hard because 7's balls are on the line. If we want to sue them for defamation then this video has to be shown in court.

I'm a bit disappointed we wouldn't and couldn't shut him up. KT is right in saying its up to Mr Kim's to release it as it is their's but it doesnt stop the speculation.

Will be interesting to see how 7 reports it tonight - and other media outlets.
we should give the footage to nine lol

Think I spoke to soon when I said it looks like 7 are tempering their news, now "Today Tonight" will be running with the lie of why Port Adelaide will not release the tape. We don't even have the legal right too do that. They know but will go ahead with their lies anyway, after all Port bashing in SA will get people watching a 10th-rate 60 minutes.

Jesus. Who would watch that? If they weren't going to be sued they are now. Pretty obvious why we can't release the tape as we dont even ******* have it?

It might seem like brilliant tactics if you were a #fakenews scum genius. They are digging fair hole for themselves if they suggest anything like "Port had ulterior motives in not releasing the tape". Stinks of the news dept doubling down on the original **** up TBH. Imagery unintentional.

Wish KT had said something along the lines of "What evidence did Channel 7 have when they named and accused Sam Powell Pepper of sexual assault Mike?"

He did. 25.05 mark of the press conference video from PAFC he pretty much spells is out.

It's obvious from Mike's continuous questioning that he was desperate to work in some version of "sexual" into the events to give Channel 7 an out. KT was having none of it.

Another reason why KT was right to not give a commentary of the footage, and he also said this in the press conference, was that it would have shifted the conversation from "show us the footage" to "does that qualify as sexual assault?". That's a very bad can of worms to open, for many reasons, not least because anyone claiming it's not sexual assault will be attacked by the thought police and those peacocks trying to claim a high moral ground (aka SJWs). The only person who's opinion matters is the woman and if she felt SPP's contact was inappropriate instead of indecent assault (i.e. sexual assault), that's good enough for me. It seems the woman was only interested in firing a warning shot so SPP doesn't act like a dick in public, meaning she came in with good intentions. Unfortunately good intentions can have bad outcomes and Channel 7 took full advantage of the young woman to get a headline.

Channel 7's behaviour is reprehensible and they will face consequences for their actions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having read that, its perfect.. he's having a go at reporters who his not going to name and smashing 7.

Except now I kind of wish he had said Is it true you blow goats Mike? Schulzenfest

Saw quite a few Norwood and Crow supporters at Dog Poo Park yesterday. People that wear the colours of non competing teams to games are farking weird.

Norwood's ladies team were in the GF which was played after the main game at Unley.

Just watched the presser... KT did alright, campaigners.

We're spoilt having a polished performer like Kochie as Prez. And he probably would've been the worst person to front-up today. Coz he would've been dropping bombs all over the place, lol.

Hell, KT even managed to stop himself from jumping over the table and suplexing the Goat-Blower, who desperately tried to bait him into a juicy soundbite, preferably calling the woman a liar.

“We’ll talk to Channel 7 in private, behind closed doors, not YOU, bitch.”

This was my favourite bit…

KT: At no stage has channel 7 afforded [Sam] the respect or opportunity to present anything in regards to a balanced hearing.
GOAT-BLOWER: So, the club would’ve made Sam available?
KT:

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 4.13.22 pm.png

PMSL

Except now I kind of wish he had said Is it true you blow goats Mike? Schulzenfest

I got accused of blowing goats once. By Paul McDermott of all people. Tiny little bugger picked out an adequately sized victim at random in the front row of his Fringe act. Threw out the accusation then jumped off stage into my lap. Silly old goat he was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Channel 7 also were poor yesterday at Unley Oval - they only screened women who basic condemned SPP ... no balance whatsoever.

It met the definition of balance as provided by you know who.

I got accused of blowing goats once. By Paul McDermott of all people. Tiny little bugger picked out an adequately sized victim at random in the front row of his Fringe act. Threw out the accusation then jumped off stage into my lap. Silly old goat he was.

TL;DR you blew Paul McDermott

He looks like Colonel Sanders now so who knows what he does with chickens? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back