Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Hugo Garcia

Votes: 18 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might not agree with it, but surely you can see having pick 5 and 6 over 7 and 8 has some value for our long term chances at a flag.

No doubt when the siren starts I'll want us to win, but you can't just discount the facts like they're irrelevant.
not really, I don't think the pick number makes a difference. it's what you do with those picks and how you develop them.

we seem to have an excellent development team to cultivate this. it's not like the talent drops off a cliff at pick 6

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

You might not agree with it, but surely you can see having pick 5 and 6 over 7 and 8 has some value for our long term chances at a flag.

No doubt when the siren starts I'll want us to win, but you can't just discount the facts like they're irrelevant.
You worry too much about one or two spots , remember 2017 , Hunter and Coff at 7 & 8
Naughton at 9 and even worse Ed Richards at 16 , Richards is exactly what we need now with his break away pace from the centre

Oscar Allen -21
Balta -25
Sam Taylor-28
Tom De Koning-30
And who can forget Gringos boy Fritsch-31

Just need to get it right

Last edited:

People don’t “want us to lose”. People would prefer to get a draft pick (possibly two), two spots higher.
You cant have one without the other , pretty obvious I would have thought unless you can tell me how we can win and still improve our draft position

Short memory do you , did you forget when we got Roo as a priority pick 1 and then the next year got pick 1 again because of the blues salary cap stuff netting us Goddard , we just couldn't get the job done when it counted on GF day.

As for finishing in no mans land is being a Loser , at least the teams that finish in no mans land are having a crack and not spitting the dummy out and not even trying , id call them losers.

People whinge and moan that we cant attract free agents and we wont if we deliberately dump games , how about we win this and show that in the last 8 weeks we have beaten 3 of the top 8 teams

No. You're just taking it incorrectly.

No 'one' thing wins a premiership. Early picks won't win a premiership on its own. But it will help the chances. Also, not attracting free agents is why we need the draft more than others, that is our 'place' in the footy world.

I never suggested "not trying" or to "dump games". I said I'm happy to win, but the best outcome today for the club is a draw. It just is what it is, a fact.

There is no other club I love beating than those brown-paper-baggers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. You're just taking it incorrectly.

No 'one' thing wins a premiership. Early picks won't win a premiership on its own. But it will help the chances. Also, not attracting free agents is why we need the draft more than others, that is our 'place' in the footy world.

I never suggested "not trying" or to "dump games". I said I'm happy to win, but the best outcome today for the club is a draw. It just is what it is, a fact.

There is no other club I love beating than those brown-paper-baggers.
You need to go back and read your own post before you say i took it incorrectly

Bad luck tankers, we aren't losing today.
Don't worry though, I'm sure we will still be able to get our next Billings, McCartin or Coffield.

Freo did pretty well with picks 7 & 8 in the 2019 draft.
Correct , just need to get it right , I'm still yet to see what they saw with Hunter , he must have been slow as treacle back in the Under 18's and things haven't changed , Paddy , Billings, Hunter and Coff have cost us big time , we cant afford to FU again

We will meet Carlton again in 2025, once maybe twice. A win today should help us then. Mentally and tactically..

I don’t think either North or West Coast are going great guns with their picks, and even Gold Coast is in the mire.

Meanwhile Hawthorn is killing it and Geelong somehow to keep going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back