Team Mgmt. An early crack at 2017 best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

He was recruited to get the Carlisle deal done. That is all.
Disagree. What was the biggest difference between 2014 and 2015? Our ability to win clearances and contested possessions, we've recruited him to help fill that void.

I would like an opinion on who is the better of Langford vs. Laverde from a passionate Dons supporter... They both played minimal games last year but seemed to mimic each other in their position (forward flank) and potential. Did i read somewhere that Laverde is being groomed for more midfield time?

I would like an opinion on who is the better of Langford vs. Laverde from a passionate Dons supporter... They both played minimal games last year but seemed to mimic each other in their position (forward flank) and potential. Did i read somewhere that Laverde is being groomed for more midfield time?
Laverde is better, having watched all bar 2/3 of his matches this season.

B: Mark Baguley, Michael Hurley, Tayte Pears

HB: Michael Hibberd, Cale Hooker, Brendon Goddard

C: David Myers, Jobe Watson, Zach Merrett

HF: David Zaharakis, Shaun McKernan, Jayden Laverde

F: Tom Bellchambers, Joe Daniher, Orazio Fantasia

R: Matt Leuenberger, Heath Hocking, Dyson Heppell

I/C: Martin Gleeson, Travis Colyer, Craig Bird, Kyle Langford

I have all sorts of creepy thoughts running through my head about Laverde at the best of times, so I am biased, but I think he'll end his career on par with Hird.

Mind you, I expect that Langford will be a star. Much will depend on how he is used.

Laverde playing midfield, and sooner rather than later, is a formality. We desperately need a smart, hard leading mid-sized/third tall forward option and that is Langford's bread and butter. I think that the need for team balance, at least initially and until other forward options present themselves, will limit Langford's output based on what he could achieve as a midfielder.

I have all sorts of creepy thoughts running through my head about Laverde at the best of times, so I am biased, but I think he'll end his career on par with Hird.

Mind you, I expect that Langford will be a star. Much will depend on how he is used.

Laverde playing midfield, and sooner rather than later, is a formality. We desperately need a smart, hard leading mid-sized/third tall forward option and that is Langford's bread and butter. I think that the need for team balance, at least initially and until other forward options present themselves, will limit Langford's output based on what he could achieve as a midfielder.
No pressure, Jayden.

Huge call, but I like it.

B: Baguley, Hurley, Gwilt

HB: Hibberd, Hooker, Gleeson

C: Merrett Z, Myers, Edwards

HF: Zaharakis, Brown, Watson

F: Bellchambers, Daniher, Fantasia

R: Leuenberger, Hocking, Heppell

I/C: Goddard, Colyer, Bird, Laverde

Emg: Merrett J, Dempsey, Cooney

If everything works out perfectly in the future.... (I'm bored).

Francis Hooker Baguley
Morgan Hurley Hibberd
Parish Myers Z Merrett
Redman Daniher Langford
Eades Bellchambers McKenna
Nyuon Laverde Heppell
Colyer Long Zaharakis Fantasia

Francis Hooker Baguley
Morgan Hurley Hibberd
Parish Myers Z Merrett
Redman Daniher Langford
Nyuon Laverde Heppell

No Tippa in your perfect future?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Francis Hooker Baguley
Morgan Hurley Hibberd
Parish Myers Z Merrett
Redman Daniher Langford
Nyuon Laverde Heppell

My attempt for about 4 years time, ignoring future recruits:
Gleeson* Hartley** Baguley
Morgan** Hurley Francis*
Parish* Heppell Fantasia*
Redman** Hooker Edwards**
Eades* Daniher McKenna**
Nyuon** Laverde* Z Merrett
Langford* Colyer Zaharakis J.Merrett*

** great unknowns
*somewhat unknowns

Another ruckman needed.

He was recruited to get the Carlisle deal done. That is all.

No. He was a player the coach looked at to improve the list because we only had Hocking as the only player with a proven ability to
play defensive midfield.

No. He was a player the coach looked at to improve the list because we only had Hocking as the only player with a proven ability to
play defensive midfield.
Did our inability to win clearances in 2015 impact that as well?

Think they'll both go through the middle but they're different players. Laverde is a bull, explosive and much more physically developed than Langford. Think Dangerfield. Langford's split his time forward and mid, mainly forward at AFL level as he's not big enough yet through the middle. Will be interesting to watch develop, either Fyfe or Gunston depending on which way he goes.

Note I'm not suggesting either will end up the level of the players I've compared them to, just type. If I had to go with one right now it's Laverde but that's purely due to his physical development.

Any point you may have had, and I haven't completely disagreed with all of your points, is lost because you come here and post like a pompous ******.

I don't disagree with anything he wrote.

Strange tone, though. It's best to be gentle when telling other supporters truths about their club's stupidity.

bags - hurls - hibberd
gleeson - hooker - goddard
zaharakis - heppell - j merrett
laverde - smack - langford
fantasia - daniher - mckenna
leunberger - watson - zmerrett

int: hocking - myers - colyer - bird

left out all the first year guy's for obvious reasons. Edwards or mckenna, I don't really mind. will be very frustrated if we end up with goddard, watson, heppell, bird, hocking, myers, howlett, cooney, dempsey all running (plodding) around in the same team.

bags - hurls - hibberd
gleeson - hooker - goddard
zaharakis - heppell - j merrett
laverde - smack - langford
fantasia - daniher - mckenna
leunberger - watson - zmerrett

int: hocking - myers - colyer - bird

left out all the first year guy's for obvious reasons. Edwards or mckenna, I don't really mind. will be very frustrated if we end up with goddard, watson, heppell, bird, hocking, myers, howlett, cooney, dempsey all running (plodding) around in the same team.
McKenna will fight with Parish for his position IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Team Mgmt. An early crack at 2017 best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back