Andy Collins v Shaun Grigg

Remove this Banner Ad

Collins delisted by the Bloooze

LOL
What!?

It's a sad day when a Richmond flog is the first you hear this sort of thing from. For the record I actually see a lot to like about Collins and hope we just delisted him in the hopes of retaking him as a rookie.

What!?

It's a sad day when a Richmond flog is the first you hear this sort of thing from. For the record I actually see a lot to like about Collins and hope we just delisted him in the hopes of retaking him as a rookie.

Trolled by Richmond

Actually, these are players who are better then Grigg and why he couldnt get a regular gig with the blues, but, he showedmore courage than ....... actually nope still not better then that list you have put up there. Bell is a better and more perfect replacement for him off our rookie list.

And of course He would kick more goals, he is playing for richmond and can get out there on the park for the full 4 quarters. Id be shocked if he didnt fluke more goals then the list above as they all didnt player 100% of the time.

Richmond for 9th lulz

I'll give you Murphy, Judd, Gibbs, Robinson, Carrazzo, Simpson and Walker.

Armfield, Mclean and Curnow... no way, Yarran is maybe on par.

That's about as non-bay13ish you'll get from me.

Grigg has played 43 matches, averaging over 20 possies in those two seasons, he also polled 11 brownlow votes in 2012. Collins has played 11 games and really hasn't done much to prove himself yet. I would say empirically, richmond won this one.

Grigg has played 43 matches, averaging over 20 possies in those two seasons, he also polled 11 brownlow votes in 2012. Collins has played 11 games and really hasn't done much to prove himself yet. I would say empirically, richmond won this one.

it's all relative.

it's much easier for a player to shine out amongst a team of hacks.

lmao shitmound are shit.

can't wait to end their season in round one again. just sucks to have to endure their usual preseason bravado.

What!?

You got your wish spud

What!?

I don't think we have seen the best of Young Collins yet and Malthouse is the perfect coach to bring it out of him. I personally think Andy will hit his straps at about 28 years old and play till he is roughly 33-34 so I'd be nervous to say that Richmond benefited from this trade just yet . Although it is obvious in the first 2 years we have Andy is such a silky ball mover and just wants to be involved in every play every moment. That is the type of guy you want in your side in finals football not just some un accountable wing man running free all day racking up possessions kicking goals like Grigg.

Andy is a natural centre man and once he finally fills out will show the league what he is all about. He is a great great clubman willing to do the work and when he gets promoted back onto the list proper at the end of 2013 it will only be another year or two for him to start playing some really decent football . By that time Grigg will be all washed up at the same age.

I don't think we have seen the best of Young Collins yet and Malthouse is the perfect coach to bring it out of him. I personally think Andy will hit his straps at about 28 years old and play till he is roughly 33-34 so I'd be nervous to say that Richmond benefited from this trade just yet . Although it is obvious in the first 2 years we have Andy is such a silky ball mover and just wants to be involved in every play every moment. That is the type of guy you want in your side in finals football not just some un accountable wing man running free all day racking up possessions kicking goals like Grigg.

Andy is a natural centre man and once he finally fills out will show the league what he is all about. He is a great great clubman willing to do the work and when he gets promoted back onto the list proper at the end of 2013 it will only be another year or two for him to start playing some really decent football . By that time Grigg will be all washed up at the same age.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but in my mind you have won this trade by the length of the flemington straight. Grigg is a good wingman. Got 11 brownlow votes, averaged nearly a goal a game. Kicked 3 goals against the premiers. Not sure where your coming from (unless of course your trolling)

Pretty much how I see the two as well, I was patient with Jordan Russell, same here with Collins. Was a standout in a few games at the end of this year and can only get better. I wouldnt write off grigg just yet, he is still young too.

Pretty much how I see the two as well, I was patient with Jordan Russell, same here with Collins. Was a standout in a few games at the end of this year and can only get better. I wouldnt write off grigg just yet, he is still young too.
I'm not writing Grigg off at all he has played some awesome games for the Tigers and will only improve as the team develops the fitness levels and running capacity he has but can he ever win a Brownlow like Andy Collins can , I severely doubt it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but in my mind you have won this trade by the length of the flemington straight. Grigg is a good wingman. Got 11 brownlow votes, averaged nearly a goal a game. Kicked 3 goals against the premiers. Not sure where your coming from (unless of course your trolling)
Grigg can certainly play, its just a matter of what his ceiling is. He's already well-developed and Collins is behind quite a bit in that area and IMO is judged a little too harshly/quickly.

I'm not too concerned how much Richmond "won" as we could have gotten nothing anyway but I think Collins has something to give.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

H
Grigg can certainly play, its just a matter of what his ceiling is. He's already well-developed and Collins is behind quite a bit in that area and IMO is judged a little too harshly/quickly.

I'm not too concerned how much Richmond "won" as we could have gotten nothing anyway but I think Collins has something to give.
He definitely has , Andys full eray of skills will be on offer when he grows into his body and develops more confidence . Watch when he does.

it's all relative.

it's much easier for a player to shine out amongst a team of hacks.

lmao shitmound are shit.

can't wait to end their season in round one again. just sucks to have to endure their usual preseason bravado.

Team of hacks that you beat with a skewed last score of the game, the Blues who according to their supporters were flag bound after beating Richmond in rd1, but flopped to finished a whole 1/2 a win in front of us even with your soft draw.

Just admit it as soon as Grigg moved to a proper football environment instead of the criminal organization that Carlton is he has flourished and would easily walk into your best 22, only a fool would not see this, are you a fool?

I like Andy myself, but "young Collins" will be 25 next year, not sure he will ever be able to show his skills fully but you would think he would have to break into the senior team this year or just about give up on his AFL dream.

At this stage we have definitely won the trade by a long way, I still wish we hadn't given Andy up though

Team of hacks that you beat with a skewed last score of the game, the Blues who according to their supporters were flag bound after beating Richmond in rd1, but flopped to finished a whole 1/2 a win in front of us even with your soft draw.

Just admit it as soon as Grigg moved to a proper football environment instead of the criminal organization that Carlton is he has flourished and would easily walk into your best 22, only a fool would not see this, are you a fool?

really? take your goggles off.

first, if we were not playing with half a team last year we would have beaten you by a ton.

second, grigg was playing as well for us as he has been playing for you. the reason why he was in and out of the side was pressure from other players forced him out.

the whole reason why he went to richmond was because he wanted to go to a side in which he could get more opportunity. what better team to go to? richmond have a handful of top players with not much else.

richmond made grigg LOOK good. put him in a side with some kind of depth and you're back to playing in the 2's every other week.

it's that simple.

really? take your goggles off.

first, if we were not playing with half a team last year we would have beaten you by a ton.

second, grigg was playing as well for us as he has been playing for you. the reason why he was in and out of the side was pressure from other players forced him out.

the whole reason why he went to richmond was because he wanted to go to a side in which he could get more opportunity. what better team to go to? richmond have a handful of top players with not much else.

richmond made grigg LOOK good. put him in a side with some kind of depth and you're back to playing in the 2's every other week.

it's that simple.
No your flogging yourself there. Grigg was your best 22 for last 8 rounds of 2010 and didnt play your final because of injury. Previous to those last 8 rounds he got on top of injuries and for 8 weeks was averaging over 25 disposals a game and didn't even look like getting picked while others did.

The kid was totally mis managed by Ratten and Blair Hartley and Damien Hardwick back door'd you guys . Be honest with your self Grigg was and still is best 22 at Carlton every day of the week even though your list runs deeper than hours even if he would be around the 17 to 22nd player picked.

Hate flogs like you crapping on a crusade of one up manship because a player decided to leave the club. You gotta remember Grigg was around to witness and have to be a part of the Tanking years with you guys. What an introduction to football at the highest level.

I'm surprised he doesn't go On The Couch and do a Brock McLean . Not best 22 please !!!! You've delisted players in the last 2 years that were getting a game ahead of Grigg from rounds 8-13 in 2010.

Flog !!!!

guy tried his heart out to get back on the list and was an ex tiger shipped off against his will and you spew your horrible bile towards him.

extremely poor form, even for bay 13. :thumbsdown:

Who cares. Dog eat dog world

Remove this Banner Ad

Andy Collins v Shaun Grigg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back