Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

It means that insurance is more expensive for everyone.
If you are struggling to afford third party insurance for your old bomb, the insurance company allows for the fact that you might run up the back of a Lambogatararri. That makes insurance for the bomb more expensive.
EVERYONE struggling with the cost of living is paying more for insurance because of these overprced ornaments.

What i'm saying is that if Daewoo , accidentally totals priceless Ferrari. Daewoo's insurer only has to pay out $200 000( or whatever ), and that Ferrari drivers insurance covers the rest.
It will make Ferrari driver's insurance more expensive and all the normal people cheaper. Who cares, he can afford it.

Don't drive? This is Australia, pubic transport sucks. It takes me 2 hours on public transport for a half hour car trip to work. I can do it by bike ( and have ) in under an hour. Its not that i live somewhere weird, its how it is. Public transport only works well for people living in the corridor, or working in the city.

Thanks for coming up with a way of making living more expensive for normal people , while also making sure that Mr Moneybags gets the back of his Ferarri fixed for free after he slams his foot on the brake for a duck.
What do you think about tax cuts for Millionaires?
He is allowed to slam his foot on the brake to avoid a duck.. you’re not allowed to not be a safe breaking distance behind him and hit him whilst he stops for the duck.
It’s reason enough to have third party only insurance to cover for such instances.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m not sure what you mean.
Both companies offering third party. One was $398 up from $348… the other was $310.
Insurance companies hoping we don’t shop around.
Interesting that the government says they don't set the price and has a comparison website

Insurers love to lie

At the moment, the Haves are having more and the have-nots are having less thanks to the RBA's monetary policy, so the Govt needs to do something with fiscal policy to manage the consequences. Instead, it seems Governments want to do nothing about it. Which is just stupid.
The RBA was hopeless with the one lever they can pull.

They needed to go hard. Instead they dawdled.

They do need to grow a backbone and say "we can only do so much. Government policy needs to change to achieve the RBA goal"

tone deaf describes ALP self promotion accurately
They suffer the same issue the Libs have.

They're out of touch with average Australia.

The voice referendum is a somewhat sign of it.
Progressive things like that don't get through unless the vast majority is doing OK and not on struggle street.

Albo has gone "well I'm doing fine" as has assumed everyone else is.

The RBA was hopeless with the one lever they can pull.

They needed to go hard. Instead they dawdled.

They do need to grow a backbone and say "we can only do so much. Government policy needs to change to achieve the RBA goal"

Progressive things like that don't get through unless the vast majority is doing OK and not on struggle street.

He's definitely lost any cred he had for growing up in a housing commission flat. He hasn't raised Newstart or welfare for single mums in real terms after it was decimated under Gillard and then everyone has been hit hard by inflation (corporate greed).

Can anyone, please, who supports Albanese, tell me what he's planning to do to relieve cost of living pressures? Because I follow this stuff pretty closely and it seems like he's got no idea what he's doing. Paralysed by indecision.

Interesting that the government says they don't set the price and has a comparison website

Insurers love to lie
The Green Slip is a NSW scheme run by a govt authority just like TAC in VIC. Unlike VIC where TAC is the sole "insurer" in NSW they have different agents administering the scheme. This has nothing to do with general insurance

The Green Slip is a NSW scheme run by a govt authority just like TAC in VIC. Unlike VIC where TAC is the sole "insurer" in NSW they have different agents administering the scheme. This has nothing to do with general insurance
I guess you missed the previous part of the conversation where an insurer told a poster on here the government sets the green slip price they were quoted

Politicians being out of touch is a choice

I don't think the voice failed because of cost of living

I also don't believe Albo assumes everyone is doing ok, it's more that he and others don't care that people aren't.

These pricks all deal with acceptable levels of poverty misery and death because they're not directly impacted

He's definitely lost any cred he had for growing up in a housing commission flat. He hasn't raised Newstart or welfare for single mums in real terms after it was decimated under Gillard and then everyone has been hit hard by inflation (corporate greed).

Can anyone, please, who supports Albanese, tell me what he's planning to do to relieve cost of living pressures? Because I follow this stuff pretty closely and it seems like he's got no idea what he's doing. Paralysed by indecision.
Isn't cost of living up around the world?

Why are no governments doing anything about it?

This isn't an answer to the question asked

I assume you can prove that no governments anywhere are doing anything?

He is allowed to slam his foot on the brake to avoid a duck.. you’re not allowed to not be a safe breaking distance behind him and hit him whilst he stops for the duck.
It’s reason enough to have third party only insurance to cover for such instances.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

.Getting a bit too close or reaction a bit slow is good reason to be up for hudreds of times more cost than if you'd run into the back of a Holden. Go on stand up for the poor rich guy.
THIRD PARTY costs nearly as much as comprehensive. If you can't afford comprehensive you can't afford third party.
Its because they have to allow for you hitting some rich schmuck.
Everyone is paying for the fact that some people hit rolling Faberge Eggs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

.Getting a bit too close or reaction a bit slow is good reason to be up for hudreds of times more cost than if you'd run into the back of a Holden. Go on stand up for the poor rich guy.
THIRD PARTY costs nearly as much as comprehensive. If you can't afford comprehensive you can't afford third party.
the premiums are so high because they have to make a profit regardless of if you hit a rich campaigner

what an insurance company will chase an uninsured person for vs what they will get off each other are very different numbers as well

Your scenario is not why the price of car insurance has risen. It's got a lot more to do with the increased incidence of car thefts. It's why one of the first questions you are asked when buying car insurance is where the car is parked at night.

Insurers have already factored into the price the likelihood of a luxury expensive car being involved in an accident with your car.

Also, working out who pays comes down to whose fault it was. If Daewoo is 100% at fault tor totalling Ferrari, why should Ferrari be penalised?

We already have knock for knock agreements between insurers

Why ? Because he's an idiot for putting such an expensive appliance on a dangerous road. Let Mr Moneybags pay for that risk.

If everyone in a town had a $10000 car, the most damage they could do to a third party is $5000.
As soon as someone moves in to town with a $100 000 car , there is a chance all of them could do damage to the value of $100 000. So the insurance company jacks it up for everyone.
Why make up crap about car theft when its easy to google how wrong you are.

This is despite the number of cars on the road increasing.

2020: 56,300
2019: 55,300
2018: 52,700
2017: 56,200
2016: 54,000
2015: 51,500
2014: 53,500
2013: 55,700
2012: 58,800
2011: 56,800
2010: 57,600
2009: 61,300
2008: 67,300
2007: 71,100
2006: 75,000
2005: 81,400
2004: 88,000
2003: 100,900
2002: 124,600
2001: 138,500
2000: 129,700
1999: 131,600

Comprehensive is a shitload more than third party.

What happens if you hit a fellow not-rich person?

The UK is setting up a public energy company. Australia is giving away more gas for free, driving up Australian prices for gas and electricity..

Australia is allowing 2.5% population growth per annum to keep economic growth appearing high, but that also puts pressure on inflation, house prices and keeps wages low.

The Liberals had a policy of driving wages down, which they succeeded in doing from 2013 to 2021, then inflation did the rest.

The UK increased the corporate tax rate. Australia cut it while growth and inflation were low. Now that they're high (mostly because of corporate profits), they should increase it again. They need to respond to the conditions.

1722598118079.png

The UK is setting up a public energy company. Australia is giving away more gas for free, driving up Australian prices for gas and electricity..

Australia is allowing 2.5% population growth per annum to keep economic growth appearing high, but that also puts pressure on inflation, house prices and keeps wages low.

The Liberals had a policy of driving wages down, which they succeeded in doing from 2013 to 2021, then inflation did the rest.

The UK increased the corporate tax rate. Australia cut it while growth and inflation were low. Now that they're high (mostly because of corporate profits), they should increase it again. They need to respond to the conditions.

View attachment 2066627

Not sure, it would be good to find a way to make corporations invest in Australia.

Not sure, it would be good to find a way to make corporations invest in Australia.
they're all largely here
funneling money offshore and not paying taxes

The US didn't have real wages fall like they did in Australia, so didn't have a lot to do. Australia is subject to more monopolies and corporate capture (even than the US!)

In the USA , housing prices are high in many cities, but you can live in more out of the way places dirt cheap.
In Australia , somehow even our country housing prices have skyrocketed.

they're all largely here
funneling money offshore and not paying taxes

They do as little as possible here.
Lots of importers.
When they were developing the gas fields in from Brisbane , i saw plant in the port.
They were steel frames the size of shipping containers, full of pipework and plant.
All we did in Australia was bolt them together like big lego blocks.

They do as little as possible here.
Lots of importers.
When they were developing the gas fields in from Brisbane , i saw plant in the port.
They were steel frames the size of shipping containers, full of pipework and plant.
All we did in Australia was bolt them together like big lego blocks.
That's because our labor and real-estate and regulations are expensive

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back