Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

An exclusive Newspoll conducted for The Australian has Labor and the Coalition level at 50-50 on a two-party-preferred basis.

A majority of voters expect a hung parliament at the next federal election, as Labor’s primary vote falls to 32 per cent amid the cost-of-living squeeze and the Coalition increases its primary vote lead to an equal post-election high.

The Coalition’s seven-point lead on first preferences is the widest gap between the two major parties since the fallout of the voice referendum loss.

The latest Newspoll results show a one-point increase in the Coalition’s primary vote of 39 per cent and a one point fall in Labor’s support. Labor’s lowest primary vote since the election was 31 per cent in the wake of the voice referendum and Monday’s poll signals continued electoral dissatisfaction in the government’s performance.

Say it loud and say it proud - one term gummint!

An exclusive Newspoll conducted for The Australian has Labor and the Coalition level at 50-50 on a two-party-preferred basis.

A majority of voters expect a hung parliament at the next federal election, as Labor’s primary vote falls to 32 per cent amid the cost-of-living squeeze and the Coalition increases its primary vote lead to an equal post-election high.

The Coalition’s seven-point lead on first preferences is the widest gap between the two major parties since the fallout of the voice referendum loss.

The latest Newspoll results show a one-point increase in the Coalition’s primary vote of 39 per cent and a one point fall in Labor’s support. Labor’s lowest primary vote since the election was 31 per cent in the wake of the voice referendum and Monday’s poll signals continued electoral dissatisfaction in the government’s performance.

They will be still be the government but will be partnership with the teals - deserve to be forced into minority given they have failed in most areas and only selling point is didn't fail as bad as scummo they are lucky Dutton has had his nuclear stupidity or libs would be headed for government

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Liberals seem more interested in conservative bullshit than actual power.

Albanese seems to be more interested in being known as a social reformist than doing his actual job.
His government has been a complete failure.

Minority gummint is still gummint.

Of course, I'm shocked you're changing the goalposts. SHOCKED.

Albanese seems to be more interested in being known as a social reformist than doing his actual job.
Will Ferrell Lol GIF

Minority gummint is still gummint.

Of course, I'm shocked you're changing the goalposts. SHOCKED.

I believe the phrase you're looking for is "shifting the goalposts".

In any event, I don't see your point. For about the past 12 months I've been very consistent in my prediction that this current government will be a one-termer. I've never claimed that the ALP will be reduced to a minority government, nor that such a scenario would be acceptable in any way, shape or form.

And that's largely because Albo is the great pretender and a national embarrassment - the 'Raygun' of Oz politics, if you will.

It's a Dutton-led government in 2025 or it's Australia heading deeper into the woke abyss - there is no option 'C' here IMO.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In any event, I don't see your point. For about the past 12 months I've been very consistent in my prediction that this current government will be a one-termer. I've never claimed that the ALP will be reduced to a minority government, nor that such a scenario would be acceptable in any way, shape or form.

And that's largely because Albo is the great pretender and a national embarrassment - the 'Raygun' of Oz politics, if you will.

It's a Dutton-led government in 2025 or it's Australia heading deeper into the woke abyss - there is no option 'C' here IMO.

Dunno man, looks like a typo.

If you are supporting Dutton it's more like shitting the goalposts.

It's a massive **** up by Albo not to ban gambling advertising. Ciggies can't be advertised so why does Sportsbet get a pass?
Because gambling is enjoyable without being harmful to some people. Why should those who enjoy it need to be deprived because of those who cannot control themselves?

If we ban everything with a dopamine trigger there won't be a lot left to advertise.

Maybe we ban sex because some enjoy it and others can't control themselves?

Dutton would be shocked if he won 'gumnt'

I don't think Dutton as PM is realistic. But Albanese is definitely unwilling to lead the country. I'll bet significantly on a hung parliament for the next term. People are rightfully sick of Albanese and Dutton who are both fighting to see who can be the most useless.

When was the last time the Liberal government, with out the Nationals, formed government?

When did the ALP last form government without Green (and, more recently, Teal) preferences?

The Nats are, for all intents and purposes, country Libs.

I'm sure you're trying to make a valid point here. It's just that you've failed spectacularly to do so.

Yes, very consistent. It's definitely a one term government, but maybe it isn't. There's definitely no option C though.

Looking forward to the next iteration.

The complete ignorance that you see here on economics at even the most basic level is very funny, I'd suggest actually sitting down and reading some books is the way to go instead of continually posting completely wrong rubbish.
Depends which books, Smith/Marx/Riccardo are worthwhile for the basics. Keynes for 20th century stuff(soft Marxist)

Neoliberalism is basically rubbish but it's what MBA's and the world functions on so Friedman and Hayek are important to understand.

Then you get to MMT/degrowth/idk asteroid mining for what the future looks like. I would say personal finance is very different from economics and what you learn from one is often contradictory to the other(for obvious reasons)

Remove this Banner Ad

Anthony Albanese - How long? -2-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back