Apologise to Greg and Richmond here

Remove this Banner Ad

rosy3

Debutant
Feb 7, 2001
Australia
All the people who mounted a character asassination on Greg Stafford please feel free to aplogise here.

The sick weirdo who wished aids on him, the one who showed a picture of his leg and saying it shows Staff being guilty of breaking Spiders jaw, the people who painted him as a thug etc.

Through all the whinging by Hawthorn fans and the club one thing was overlooked.

Richmond had the guts to play the game out where the Hawks didn't.

Blaming Staff was a copout to hide behind for a while, but seeing he did nothing illegal maybe it's time to admit Richmond did pretty well.

I bet there won't be too many people admit they accused Staff of things he wasn't guilty of.

Onya Big Fella.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D (one for each unanswered goal.....and one for the road:D )

Last week, Goalden_Hawk said the Richmond/Hawthorn rivalray was the most non-existant rivalary amongst Victorian sides.

This match may be the way to start a passionate rivalry!

It's a pity you can't post as an unregistered user anymore - I would have taken great delight in apologising on behalf of Gerard Healy!

Apologise? Why waste our time?

What kind of thug elbows someone in the head and gets off because it was "unintentional"??

Seems like the Tigers "big" ruckman is a first class pussy who can't control his limbs. Some hero and role model he is. :rolleyes:

For the record Im no Richmond supporter.

Im not sure if you ever played football yourself Hawka's, unlike netball its a contact sport where people get hurt. Unfortunately everitt was hit in a particularly weak section of the human anatomy, which frequently shatters under impact. When 2 100+ kilo 2 metre giants rush at each other as hard as they can its bound to happen occassionally. It happens frequently on the training track.

If Greg Stafford has done anything wrong given the intense media pressure and the sheer volume of piglet squels echoing from Glenferrie's hierachy Im sure the panel of legal and football experts would have found him guilty. Its also unfortunate Harry_Hawka & Hawka_Here that the expert panel was unable to draw on your vast experience from both relevant fields to come to there unbiast decision.

Duty of Care and Intent are all that matter or else every high tackle could be considered a reportable offense, how is a player intending to punch a football and getting caught up in the contest any different than a player who tackles someone around the neck accidentally ?

A player was injured and thats unfortunate but it doesn't make the player who injured him a thug nor worthy of the flogging he has received by the media and public. He has been cleared by people better qualified to deal with the issue than you or I.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If everyone can put their club allegences aside for a moment and not let emotions get in the way it was really the only sane decision that could be made. Everitt was unlucky purely and simply. I must say that the Nick Stone incident had me more concerned than the ruck infringement but after seeing it a 3rd and a 4th and a 5th time I was quite relaxed about that one too although if they did give him 1 week there would have been no complaints from these quarters.

Rosy, if you call that character assasination then you have no idea! If I was a Hawthorn supporter I would be fuming! Let's just say that greg needs to watch his knees and elbows in the future, because next time he won't be so lucky! Gerard Healy actually got it right!

Stafford's a dirty player. Its a bit like when the cops know a person is a crook but they can't make anything stick. Likewise, the AFL community will now pay close attention to Stafford's future indiscretions. He's either got to fly straight or become even more sneaky.

Originally posted by oh_my_hat
If everyone can put their club allegences aside for a moment and not let emotions get in the way it was really the only sane decision that could be made. Everitt was unlucky purely and simply. I must say that the Nick Stone incident had me more concerned than the ruck infringement but after seeing it a 3rd and a 4th and a 5th time I was quite relaxed about that one too although if they did give him 1 week there would have been no complaints from these quarters.

I agree totally, I posted the other day that there was nothing in either incident, I watched the incidents over & over, neither of them looked to be a deliberate act to injure the players, just unavoidable contact in the field of play.

I know it is tough mate, but all we have in society is the word of law.

If we cannot abide by that, then everything that makes us the civilised society of the 21st century is shattered, like Siper's cheekbone, and anarchy will rule.

I can see why the Hawks' supporters are angry - they have lost their star ruckman and need a reason to vent their anger. They also refuse to admit their softness and need to find a scapegoat. However Stafford is the wrong target to choose.

The tribunal are a wise, decent and fair group and made the ONLY decision available to them. Greg was not guilty and so sayeth the law.

The Hawks will simply have to cop the decision on the cin (or the cheek) and realise that, when it comes to pointing the finger for Saturday's debacle, perhaps the mirror is the first place to start.

Originally posted by harry_hawka
Apologise? Why waste our time?

What kind of thug elbows someone in the head and gets off because it was "unintentional"??

Seems like the Tigers "big" ruckman is a first class pussy who can't control his limbs. Some hero and role model he is. :rolleyes:

Hear Hear. I'm not going to apologise to that cow ( He looks like a cow when he's meandering around the field.)

Originally posted by sandeano
They also refuse to admit their softness and need to find a scapegoat.

Oh yeah, that's it. Nothing to do with the incident at all.
Hawthorn was soft for 2 1/2 quarters. Richmond was soft for 1/12 quarters. Softness is a buzz word. All teams play soft footy now & again.

Originally posted by Ed Scissorhands
Oh yeah, that's it. Nothing to do with the incident at all.
Hawthorn was soft for 2 1/2 quarters. Richmond was soft for 1/12 quarters. Softness is a buzz word. All teams play soft footy now & again.

It is like an ad for Purex toilet tissue vs. Kleenex.

"Scientific tests have proven, that although Richmond may have been softer for longer, Hawthorn has the patented "extra feathery, baby's bottom, warm puppy poo, persian kitten, baby duckling, Eddie McGuire's tummy" softness that means that they provide extra softness for those short, stressful moments that often hit at the most tense and pressured times on the weekend.

Originally posted by sandeano
It is like an ad for Purex toilet tissue vs. Kleenex.

"Scientific tests have proven, that although Richmond may have been softer for longer, Hawthorn has the patented "extra feathery, baby's bottom, warm puppy poo, persian kitten, baby duckling, Eddie McGuire's tummy" softness that means that they provide extra softness for those short, stressful moments that often hit at the most tense and pressured times on the weekend.

applause.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologise to Greg and Richmond here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back