Apologise to Greg and Richmond here

Remove this Banner Ad

yep well done.

Congratualtions to the HFC and it's 'supporters' in the media for successfully smoke screening that capitulation. This could only be compared to White Star Line attempting to prosecute the iceberg. The HFC have blatantly abrogated any responsibility for the result.

The fact that Richmond played some pretty fair football in that game has gone missing ~ along with the fact that some players from Hawthorn simply stopped playing accountable footy.

Commiserations to 'Spider'. I hope it is only 1 week.
Good luck hawks...hope you win this week.

Round 5 : It's over...let's get on with Round 6

Re: Re: Re: Apologise to Greg and Richmond here

Originally posted by peejay
Milne raised hie arm both 90 degrees and hit the opponent with the elbow. staffords forman came into contact with his opponent.

He should have been booked for obscene behaviour then! :rolleyes:

Poor old Stafford.

He really is accident prone.!!!

He has had more accidents than a Patriot misslie in Iraq.

Yet it's amazing how ALL of his accidents have resulted in an opponent being seriously injured.

His Richmond team-mates must be starting to get a bit nervous. Surley one on more of them is due to suffer collateral damage from "friendly fire".

With one so accident prone amongst their ranks, it's only a matter of time before Staffords elbows, forearms, legs and knees start taking their toll on some of them.

I suppose I sound cynical.

Too right I am.

Apologise? Stafford is where he belongs, I've always found Richmond supporters bigger thugs than those of any other team in the AFL. And we know how they turn on their players; this thread would have been deriding Stafford for a complete idiot if the tribunal had been in a suspending mood.

Originally posted by luthor
Poor old Stafford.

He really is accident prone.!!!

He has had more accidents than a Patriot misslie in Iraq.

Yet it's amazing how ALL of his accidents have resulted in an opponent being seriously injured.

and what are these so called other accidents that has caused "serious injury"? luthor healy?

Originally posted by dillo_09
Whilst we are fishing for apologies, lets see if the tribunal, AFL and the reporting umpire will apologise (and compensate) Jason Cloke for suspending him after the incident in last years prelim.

Stafford - Breaks Spiders cheekbone and eye socket ruling him out for 4-5 weeks.
Cloke - Breaks whathis name's (I havbe forgotten) nose and puts hime out (if there was enough games left) for 4-5 weeks.

Both incidents are accepted as reckless and not malicious or deliberate.

Cloke is told that whilst the tribunal agrees he only had eyes for the ball and it was a ligitimate attempt to spoil he must be held accountable for his actions! No prior record in 2 fulls seasons at VFL/AFL level but gets suspended for 2 matches and misses a grand final.

Stafford uses the defence that his actions were a ligitimate attempt to win a centre bounce contest, does the damage to Spider. Stafford has a previous tribunal record (not sure what for or how many) and gets off without even a reprimand or told to change his action etc.

WHERE IS THE ****ING CONSISTENCY FROM THE AFL AND IT'S JUDICIARY??????

DISGRACE!

. . . David?!?

leave poor Richmond alone there Juggling there 21 thousand members ok.

Both the Hawks and Tigers are soft as butter and both will will just be making up the numbers for the year.

But the future i think is alot brighter for Hawthorn than it is Richmond.
Comparing youngsters and the ageing crop, Hawthorn wins out.

I realy at the moment dislike both sides they are 2 of the most annoying clubs running around.

And Stafford is a chook hehehe :D Everitt is 3 times the player Stafford will ever be and thats something the guy will live with for the rest of his life, you watch Everitt towl him up in rd 22.

cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Ed Scissorhands
I'll talk with you after Richmond's next loss. Let's hope u don't go back in hiding.

Oh goody, can't wait. Will we still be whinging about Stafford then? Sure your not his jilted stalker?

Don't mistake my lack of posting with a lack of passion.. Just because I choose to post mainly on the Richmond board doesn't mean I support my team any less than you do yours.

I still read this board as often as I can. I just don't feel the need to dominate discussion like some do around here.

A loss won't change my allegiance. Like most die-hard fans, walk a mile in our shoes... For a team with a lack of success, the loyal have certainly stayed loyal.

I must admit that after seeing the terrible pain Spider was in tonight, with his horrific injury caused by that thug Stafford, I can't understand how he got off, should have got 10 weeks.

How many weeks were the Dawks supporters saying Spider would miss? Talk about over reaction.

Originally posted by Black Thunder
Everitt got unlucky with the place it hit him. No way you can suspend Stafford for it.

OH shyte, I forgot the smilies, I was being sarcastic BT, right from the start I didn't think Stafford should have got rubbed out.

Originally posted by mantis
OH shyte, I forgot the smilies, I was being sarcastic BT, right from the start I didn't think Stafford should have got rubbed out.

actually I wasn't referring to your post :p I didn't read any of this thread i just put in my two cents. ;)

Originally posted by mantis
I must admit that after seeing the terrible pain Spider was in tonight, with his horrific injury caused by that thug Stafford, I can't understand how he got off, should have got 10 weeks.

How many weeks were the Dawks supporters saying Spider would miss? Talk about over reaction.

Yeah. So Everitt will miss 1 match with a fractured cheekbone. How many did Lloyd miss again with his sore pinky finger last season??:p :p :p

Yeah. So Everitt will miss 1 match with a fractured cheekbone. How many did Lloyd miss again with his sore pinky finger last season??:p :p :p

as soft as that does sounds, playing Australia Rules with a broken finger is not the smartest idea, given the way that players catch the ball.

It's not like playing League with a screwed up finger because they don't catch kicks above their heads and the passes they recieve are softer.

The ball is also much heavier in Australian Rules.

In saying that I find i hard to believe that Everitt's injuries are as bad as what was first thought given he is out for just the one week.

Originally posted by Black Thunder
In saying that I find i hard to believe that Everitt's injuries are as bad as what was first thought given he is out for just the one week.

Richo only missed a week too. A fracture is a fracture though. How many did Buckley miss when Murphy collided with him?

jeez, all the richmond fans are out in force this week! Are all of you members? 21,000 is a **** poor effort.

The fact Richmond fans are out in force shows their respect for Greg Stafford imo.

All the Richmond posting is nothing to do with the wonderful, come from behind 14 unanswered goals in a row win. :Dx14

It's to do with the fact that Greg Stafford suffered a vicious trial by media campaign, and personal attacks by certain lowlifes on here who still won't accept the tribunal ruling that showed they were wrong in the first place.

.....oh yeah, been a member for many years, and buy Richmond memberships for all my family too, including those who barrack for the Hawks and the Roos.

Go The Mighty Tiges :)

My Membership goes back to 1987 when I bought a SOS membership. Paid for a five year one then as well. So it cost me dearly when I were only on 18,000 a year salary. Haven't missed a year since then.

Lets ROAR

Khan

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologise to Greg and Richmond here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back