Apologise to Greg and Richmond here

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologise? Pfft. I think Stafford should apologise to Milne for the absolute rodgering that Milne took from the tribunal. Stafford should have gone twice, yet Milne goes for the exact reasons Stafford should have went for, but didn't. Make sense of that!

I find it amusing that almost every Richmond response on the Stafford incident has said we're sooking because Hawthorn are soft because you came back and beat us. No doubt it was a heartless display, and I'm as shattered about it as anyone. However, Brisbane were heartless against Carlton in 2001 when they got smashed by over 100 points at Optus Oval. Same season they were premiers.

The season is long, Richmond fans. Then again, most Richmond fans would have only experienced two "long" football seasons in living memory. Richmond is the epitome of heartless and soft play. Beating us doesn't prove anything. We're nothing special. Start crowing when you beat Brisbane, win interstate, or when your team stops prick teasing you with two Preliminary Final appearances in 20 long, excrutiating years. Then you'll change your clubs perception. One game doesn't maketh a club.

The Hitman

Originally posted by The Hitman
Apologise? Pfft. I think Stafford should apologise to Milne for the absolute rodgering that Milne took from the tribunal. Stafford should have gone twice, yet Milne goes for the exact reasons Stafford should have went for, but didn't. Make sense of that!

I find it amusing that almost every Richmond response on the Stafford incident has said we're sooking because Hawthorn are soft because you came back and beat us. No doubt it was a heartless display, and I'm as shattered about it as anyone. However, Brisbane were heartless against Carlton in 2001 when they got smashed by over 100 points at Optus Oval. Same season they were premiers.

The season is long, Richmond fans. Then again, most Richmond fans would have only experienced two "long" football seasons in living memory. Richmond is the epitome of heartless and soft play. Beating us doesn't prove anything. We're nothing special. Start crowing when you beat Brisbane, win interstate, or when your team stops prick teasing you with two Preliminary Final appearances in 20 long, excrutiating years. Then you'll change your clubs perception. One game doesn't maketh a club.

The Hitman

We were just happy to win. That's all. At one stage everyone thought we were out of it, except for the players and coach.

And they fought back and won.

That does not make a season, but it shows the sort of spirit that has not been seen at Punt Road in a few years. To tell you the truth, Richmond fans have only contributed to these threads to niggle at the Hawk supporters bleating over Stafford.

The truth is we don't think you are soft....we don't think about you at all. This was a day to celebrate our belief in fighting it out to the end, not to wallow in why Hawthorn did not.

The Hitman

Come back to me with the last time your club was competitive WITHOUT using steroids.

I find it amusing that almost every Richmond response on the Stafford incident has said we're sooking

I find it amusing that the Dawks have a membership that's called, "Hawka's Squawka's".:D

ROFLMAO, how appropriate. :p

Can someone address something curious that hasn't been brought up??

Why did stafford use his "tapping" arm to "push??!!??" away the opposition ruckman? I have never seen in my time a ruckman do this before and you would have to be very skilled to do this as part of your usual rucking technique??

Sam Newman, who is actually seen as a guru in the rucking circles believes that this is the incorrect way to ruck and was reckless (even maybe deliberate).

As I have said before, stafford was reckless and actually hit and put the guy in hospital. Milne (according to scarlett, who rolled over and got up unhurt) missed the opposition with his elbow and yet gets two weeks??

huh?

Because Everitt was on the right side, he could hardly use his left arm to fend him off, so he put his right arm out to protect himself, then it is quite easy to go for the tap out after he has displaced the other player.

And where is Newman considered a guru in rucking circles, evidentally Simon Madden who was a 100 times better ruckman than him, supported Staffords case, I know who I think has more credibility. :rolleyes:

Whilst we are fishing for apologies, lets see if the tribunal, AFL and the reporting umpire will apologise (and compensate) Jason Cloke for suspending him after the incident in last years prelim.

Stafford - Breaks Spiders cheekbone and eye socket ruling him out for 4-5 weeks.
Cloke - Breaks whathis name's (I havbe forgotten) nose and puts hime out (if there was enough games left) for 4-5 weeks.

Both incidents are accepted as reckless and not malicious or deliberate.

Cloke is told that whilst the tribunal agrees he only had eyes for the ball and it was a ligitimate attempt to spoil he must be held accountable for his actions! No prior record in 2 fulls seasons at VFL/AFL level but gets suspended for 2 matches and misses a grand final.

Stafford uses the defence that his actions were a ligitimate attempt to win a centre bounce contest, does the damage to Spider. Stafford has a previous tribunal record (not sure what for or how many) and gets off without even a reprimand or told to change his action etc.

WHERE IS THE ****ING CONSISTENCY FROM THE AFL AND IT'S JUDICIARY??????

DISGRACE!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The very nature of a ruck contest requires the two opposing ruckmen to come into contact. Totally different set of circumstances to the Cloke incident. 2002 is over, let it go.

Originally posted by rosy3

Richmond had the guts to play the game out where the Hawks didn't.

Blaming Staff was a copout to hide behind for a while, but seeing he did nothing illegal maybe it's time to admit Richmond did pretty well.

Just change the names from Richmond to the Western Bulldogs and Stafford to Liberatore and the whinging boot is on the other foot.

At least there was footage of the incident involving Stafford and Everitt, and the accussed didn't have the disgraceful events of the captain of the opposition lying about the incident either on radio or at the tribunal.

I'm still sad that didn't go to court so the credibility of Captain Kickless could have been tested under oath.

In saying that, Staffords action was not deliberate. It was an accident for gawds sake, however if Milne copped two weeks for an elbow then Stafford may feel a little fortunate, but thats the way the mop flops sometimes.

I'm sorry Stafford's a clumsy klutz who disfigures his opponents. Seems to happen a little too often to be totally accidental.

Apart from these indiscretions, I like him as a footballer though.

Re: Re: Apologise to Greg and Richmond here

Originally posted by Joffaboy
Just change the names from Richmond to the Western Bulldogs and Stafford to Liberatore and the whinging boot is on the other foot.

At least there was footage of the incident involving Stafford and Everitt, and the accussed didn't have the disgraceful events of the captain of the opposition lying about the incident either on radio or at the tribunal.

You mean he did not snipe behind play !!!

I'm still sad that didn't go to court so the credibility of Captain Kickless - check the stats of the last ten years

In saying that, Staffords action was not deliberate. It was an accident for gawds sake, however if Milne copped two weeks for an elbow then Stafford may feel a little fortunate, but thats the way the mop flops sometimes.

Milne raised hie arm both 90 degrees and hit the opponent with the elbow. staffords forman came into contact with his opponent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Apologise to Greg and Richmond here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back