APS Pre-season 2005/06

Remove this Banner Ad

PJ-Rod said:
You have a crack at everybody Tiger. You must be really good? Do you play 1sts?

after an injury interrupted 2004/05 cricket season, i'll be looking forward to playing 1st XI cricket.

watch your back PJ-Rod, i'll be taking your position.
i saw u down at sandy tonight. geez u were looking scratchy!!!

footyismylife said:
u idiot. Sartori is a star batsmen he made 93* one match and makes plenty of runs. Bowls very well. Will make plenty of runs this year as mgs go on to win the premiership

geeze u continue to open up ur mouth before thinking of wat u say....

satori has never made a century at any level, this is goin to be a worry for MGS this season if he makes a start, might not have the skill to go on and make a big one like the past . is he scared of the big 100 ??

i was making a comment that he hasnt made a 100, not that he couldnt make runs. could batsman but needs to go on.

tiger coll said:
after an injury interrupted 2004/05 cricket season, i'll be looking forward to playing 1st XI cricket.

watch your back PJ-Rod, i'll be taking your position.
i saw u down at sandy tonight. geez u were looking scratchy!!!

That's a big call Terry!

yer well i can understAnd y u say keely was the best u bowled to he completely controlled an attack consisiting of to state players as he did against scotch. he put satori over his head about 4 times and and put vance all round the park. people underarted him as he is not aswell know as damiano and macguiness but is in their bracket for sure

Aker said:
yer well i can understAnd y u say keely was the best u bowled to he completely controlled an attack consisiting of to state players as he did against scotch. he put satori over his head about 4 times and and put vance all round the park. people underarted him as he is not aswell know as damiano and macguiness but is in their bracket for sure

it doesnt take much to hit satori, he bowls pie leggies! but vancey and the scotch bowlers are very good. Keely consistant and underated, but Holland from Haileybury was able to confuse him a few times, good bowler Holland very good.

keely is the best player of spin i have seen for his age
holland didn get him out i thin keely in his short stay it him for a couple of 4's he played nick smith as if he was a peice of dirt but holland a very good bowler

Who ever see's sartori next ask him about his dismissal against GGS during the last APS cricket season. I here it was a blinder of a catch to a close gully. :D

Aker said:
keely is the best player of spin i have seen for his age
holland didn get him out i thin keely in his short stay it him for a couple of 4's he played nick smith as if he was a peice of dirt but holland a very good bowler

yeah Dutchy Holland, playing at Carlton this year after being at Prahan for like the last 4 years. Berry invited him down and looks like 1sts for him cos of no real spinner down at the club! good luck to the boy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is everyone talking up MGS chances. Losing Hopkins and Power means that Sartori and Vance are thier only two proven batsmen and their bowling lacks a quality quick like O'shaugnessy was last year. Vance and Sartori may be good but they won't win the APS with only 2 players.

A question for you speed demon, how many sides have 'proven' batsmen coming back.

SC-Murray
MGS-Vance, Sartori
BGS-Calder, Tregear
CGC-Daly, Foote
SKC- Dunne
HC-? (Must be one)
GGS- Not many
GC- Doubt it
XC-Webb
Carey- Nobody
WC-Sussex, Thompson

My point, there aren't many sides who do, and Vance and Sartori are probably the best of that group anyway.

MGS bowling attack was arguably the best last year, and will be solid, with 5 quicks and Sartori returning from last year. Vance bowled 1st change for Victoria, is he not quality.

Haileybury - Kibby , Collins , Andrews

2 of those were state players and all made over 200 runs last year !

but yes satori and vance are good, but satori needs to make a ton this year or people will be thinking that he cant bat!

all those players are good players but to be a good player you have to make runs against the top sides.

keely and merriman were the only two last year

PJ-Rod said:
Pretty rich coming from a hack who'll do his back by the time he's 19.

how many wickets did you take last year? and re. my back, its right as rain never had a complaint...maybe you could go and drop a few more catches at slips to cost your team the match. maybe ill see you on the district cricket circuit, if you can ever make any teams.

yehrighto said:
how many wickets did you take last year? and re. my back, its right as rain never had a complaint...maybe you could go and drop a few more catches at slips to cost your team the match. maybe ill see you on the district cricket circuit, if you can ever make any teams.

what district club u play for?

Sure you're bowling should good again but the batting doesn't seem up to scratch. I heard that Vance was the only one who made runs on the recent tour and all the year 11s who played last year failed with the bat apart from Vance and Sartori. Against us in the 2nds all except one of the top order failed chasing a small total and you were lucky to get away with it. Only one opener looked to have a good defence and the rest really struggled. i can't see any of them getting many runs in the firsts.

Speed Demon said:
Sure you're bowling should good again but the batting doesn't seem up to scratch. I heard that Vance was the only one who made runs on the recent tour and all the year 11s who played last year failed with the bat apart from Vance and Sartori. Against us in the 2nds all except one of the top order failed chasing a small total and you were lucky to get away with it. Only one opener looked to have a good defence and the rest really struggled. i can't see any of them getting many runs in the firsts.

but u have to remember that they were playing on english wickets, which are often wet and slow. and being there in June early in the season for the english itwouldnt suprise me if the wickets were tough to bat on. Just have to wait till the praccy's come round and see how they fare on the auzzie wickets!

Bit of in house fighting going on by the sounds of it...
Anyone willing to give their schools most likely first XI?
I'll have a go at GGS's in some kind of batting order.
A.Starford
L.Belton
E.Stratmann
G.Kerr
H.Adams
W.Symonds
D.Andrew
J.Dillon (I predict a big year from Dillon and Mercer)
W.Mercer
A.Swan
D.Hunter (Oh yeah, No.11)

Remove this Banner Ad

APS Pre-season 2005/06

Remove this Banner Ad

Back