APS Pre-season 2005/06

Remove this Banner Ad

smoking said:
To spark some debate I will give my selections for APS season

1 Scotch Unlucky 2nd last season and best players back.
2 Hailebury Very strong on paper already and will probably add to
depth
3 Brighton Reigning premiers and hard to beat at home
4 Caulfield Virtually all team back
5 MGS Will surprise some teams but may lack batting depth
6 Xavier Will be very keen after disappointing season. Rarely have
2 bad seasons in a row
7 St. Kevins Strong year 10 group coming up . May be 1 year away.
8 Wesley Predict a much stronger team than this year
9 Geelong Coll Possibly best prepared team in comp.May be smokey
10 Carey and GGS Battle for spoon

thanks for that smoking at least someone tried to have a go at some predictions insted of just pumping up there mates or putting them down on here (harrords) ....

Scotch to win this , with Haileybury and Caulfield fighting it out for 2nd

Good Call Tigertown, lets keep it to cricket. Just wondering when first practice matches are etc. As well as who is shaping up for the captains of the various schools. At MGS we have a captain a VC and a commitee member.

MGS- Sartori or Vance
BGS-Tregear
SC- Smith
CGS-Daly
SK-Dunne
WC-Thompson/Sussex.
HC-
GGS-
GC-
Carey-
XC-
Although the decisions haven't been made yet, predictions.

_TiGeR-ToWn_ said:
thanks for that smoking at least someone tried to have a go at some predictions insted of just pumping up there mates or putting them down on here (harrords) ....

Scotch to win this , with Haileybury and Caulfield fighting it out for 2nd
Good call. Lets stick to cricket. Anyone know anything about Carey. Is Parker back. Is it true that there is another Pearson? Simon Andrews will be captain at Hailebury.

well i know that Haileybury have two practice games last weekend of October against Mentone and then the following weekend against Brighton. Should be some good games.

Captain for Haileybury could be anyone from Brett Collins, Mitch Kibby or Simon Andrews.

Smith i reckon would easily get the captaincy at Scotch and Vance for Melbourne.

Is it true that Kyle Clarke got a scholarship to MGS but was rejected after they found out he had a criminal record?

A lot of people are pumping up the bowling of MGS for this years season (best bowling attack in years some are saying), but from what i've seen in the nets, MGS will be chasing 250+ almost every week.

J.Harrod is nothing like he was last year. Has gained pace but lost heaps of accuracy.

They lack a genuine spinner who can tike a 4 or 5 wickets an innings.

A. Harrod looks like he hasn't recovered fully from his injury setback from last year.

T.Gobbo has good swing and bounce but can sometimes spray down leg.

From reports Vance is focusing more on his batting than bowling.

tiger coll said:
this is crap

why is this thread now on the fourth page

about 1 week ago we were very top
get your act together men
Things will pick up soon, holidays and all. Bored people will come on here to talk up their mates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

heard on the wire down at hailybury, brett "the punisher" collins, diagnosed with stress fractures in his back whilst going on an AIS camp, will miss part of the summer. Bowlers and batsmen of the APS can breathe easier.

footyfanatic007 said:
heard on the wire down at hailybury, brett "the punisher" collins, diagnosed with stress fractures in his back whilst going on an AIS camp, will miss part of the summer. Bowlers and batsmen of the APS can breathe easier.
gees, he isn't that quick, handy bowler and bat, but nothing to pack your dacks about.

Could i please get peoples thoughts on who will be the best player from each side for this upcoming season and who will take out the APS cricket premiership this season.

You might be right tiger coll.
From what i've heard the much hyped MGS attack was being dispatched to all parts by 3rds batsmen. This was particularly true for the Harrods who must have their 1st XI spots in danger after such a pitiful display. They are the 2 most over-rated hacks that have ever set foot on an APS field.

Speed Demon said:
You might be right tiger coll.
From what i've heard the much hyped MGS attack was being dispatched to all parts by 3rds batsmen. This was particularly true for the Harrods who must have their 1st XI spots in danger after such a pitiful display. They are the 2 most over-rated hacks that have ever set foot on an APS field.

Ok speed this is the last time i will say this, but no - one reading this board want to hear how much of a hack the harrods are, we dont care. so why not just speak something of interest from MGS not just the harrods

nicho_magic said:
APS cricket, over rated competition. not really even worth being on the cricket board, throw it to the gaming board or something sh1tty

you seemed pretty happy about the comp a few weeks back, is it because your not going to get in ?

Aps is recognised by state selectors and district cricket. seems a pretty good competition to me.

_TiGeR-ToWn_ said:
you seemed pretty happy about the comp a few weeks back, is it because your not going to get in ?

Aps is recognised by state selectors and district cricket. seems a pretty good competition to me.
not going to get in it. i'm passed it mate. was VC last year of a team, and now i look back on the competition it isn't really that good a competition. Each team is based around one or two guns, and then there are a few other handy cricketers. The bowling attacks in allmost all cases lack pace, and many batters lack technique or power. It is hardly recognised by either of the above two things you mentioned there. The selectors look at u-18's carnival and u-16's/15's state carnival, instead of APS cricket.

trust me, its just an ok competition.

your pretty correct nicho, there are some very weak teams in the comp and the depth of players in some teams is shocking.

I'd have to say tho, the eleven selected for MGS this year would be selected for any other APS team in the comp.

tiger coll said:
your pretty correct nicho, there are some very weak teams in the comp and the depth of players in some teams is shocking.

I'd have to say tho, the eleven selected for MGS this year would be selected for any other APS team in the comp.
Are you saying that the entire XI or individually? In either case, it's probably not true.

Remove this Banner Ad

APS Pre-season 2005/06

Remove this Banner Ad

Back