APSS Full Phantom Draft (Nat + Rookie)

Remove this Banner Ad

great effort APSS, of the players you had available for us at those selections in the national draft they are terrific. i am a big fan of Alex Witherden and Jarrod Berry although if it came down to one or the other i would go Berry and hope Witherden slid to our next selection, i'm splitting hairs though.

love Liam Ryan as a rookie selection, Jack Rolls a no brainer and the other 2 (Lipinski, Jones) i don't know enough about to comment.

not sure if we will have enough list spots for that many rookies??

:thumbsu:

Last edited:

Theres only on thing you left out. Category b international rookies.

You have done alot of work here which is quite sensational..how do you know all these names? And how did you come to your conclusions on the pics..ND.ROOKIE etc
living in SA i get to alot of U18 SANFL games while i also attended all championship games in SA, watched the champs and TAC grand final on tv and watch footage on the kids i miss through youtube. from seeing alot of these kids i kinda get a feel where they sit in the order, then it was just trying to place them all throughout the draft which isnt easy.
3 defenders...

I would want to vomit!

We need pace, and we need at least 2 of our 3 picks (or at least 1 at an absolute utter minimum) to address that. Logue is okay (isn't my choice but that's fine). I rate Berry but if we go him with players on the board who have leg speed we are not addressing our needs. We were burnt on GF day on the outside, we were burnt by GWS in the 2 games we lost on the outside. We need speed.
I presonally you need to stop being ignorant and go and actually look up these kids. Josh Williams isnt a defender, hes a wingman and he has pace to burn (2.93 20m), look up his footage all you will see that. you cant pigeon hole Logue as anything atm with his running capacity he is a utility at this stage. I understand Berry played as a rebounder at the champs but hes played all over the ground in his 8 TAC games while garthwaite is the only true defender in these selections.

Great effort. The Tigers can only get 4 players so will only have one rookie pick.
I picked 4 rookies for all clubs to make it easier
great effort APSS, of the players you had available for us at those selections in the national draft they are terrific. i am a big fan of Alex Witherden and Jarrod Berry although if it came down to one or the other i would go Berry and hope Witherden slid to our next selection, i'm splitting hairs though.

love Liam Ryan as a rookie selection, Jack Rolls a no brainer and the other 2 (Lipinski, Jones) i don't know enough about to comment.

not sure if we will have enough list spots for that many rookies??

:thumbsu:
Witherden could be anything and clubs know that. after being a top 5 prospect at the end of the year last year before breaking his leg and only playing 2-3 games this year. Clubs will have to rate him on what he did as an underager and some clubs will value that higher then others.
GC won't be picking Simpkin....Way off
Sydney are a little keen on Simpkin at 9 i have heard, makes sense for the suns at 10 because of their delistings/retirements, i dont think they will go Florent or English leaving them with Simpkin

I presonally you need to stop being ignorant and go and actually look up these kids. Josh Williams isnt a defender, hes a wingman and he has pace to burn (2.93 20m), look up his footage all you will see that. you cant pigeon hole Logue as anything atm with his running capacity he is a utility at this stage. I understand Berry played as a rebounder at the champs but hes played all over the ground in his 8 TAC games while garthwaite is the only true defender in these selections.

Would be better taking an outside (and I mean genuinely outside) mid at 20. We need a bloke who can genuinely play next year a bit. We were burnt big time when it mattered. Two 'utilities' personally I'd be asking severe questions on what we were thinking. Not saying I don't like Berry, but if Cox for instance is on the board and we go with a utility, I would ask 'why'. Your late selections are fine, just mainly your 2nd selection, I personally wouldn't have gone with.

I hope Berry is taken earlier in the draft, as he is one I don't particularly want anyway for Sydney. Utilities just scream Dean Towers at me! I'm fine taking one (and we are paying pick 9 for the best one there is), I don't want to take 2.

As I said, it is a good effort though, don't get me wrong, not taking a shot at you. It is what these are, everyone is going to have a difference in opinion. I mean personally I wouldn't take Logue at 9, many would.

Another phantom draft that has a ruckman for the Eagles in the first round AND another in the rookie draft ? I really can't see why the Eagles would do this.

I see you've got the Pies bidding on Macreadie, who I really rate despite his relatively poor year this year compared to 2015. If GWS are handed the rumoured draft sanctions (lose 15 + 37) over the Whitfield saga and they don't have enough points to get Macreadie and co. without going in to heavy deficit in 2017 do you think they might pass? I really like Rotham and would be stoked to get him with our first pick, but Macreadie just reminds me of Ben Reid, and I'd love to have another of him on our list (minus the injuries).

Would have preferred Mitch McCarthy to Olango with our last pick too and taken a ruck in the rookie draft, but overall I'd be pretty happy with that draft you've done. Good effort.

Good job. But why do we only have 3 picks when we have 6 spots

In - Obrien
Out - Lyons, Grigg, Lowden, Jaensch, Van Berlo, Henderson, Shaw

So unless we are upgrading Keath, Greenwood and Beech there are still 3 more spots that we need to fill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows lost it due to the bid on Jarman at 54, should have come back in at the end tho but i passed it, Most clubs will run under the list cap for 2017 to bank the 5% cap space so they may chase free agents hard in future

Hey mate, obviously great effort, but Crows currently have 6 live picks in the draft, I can't see us only selecting 3 players, 5 maybe, but not 3.

good job.

Why would the lions not bid on bowes at 3. By not bidding they gift their local rival an extra first rounder.
i dont think Bowes is worth pick 3, i also hear there has been a little deal been done between the two clubs

I see you've got the Pies bidding on Macreadie, who I really rate despite his relatively poor year this year compared to 2015. If GWS are handed the rumoured draft sanctions (lose 15 + 37) over the Whitfield saga and they don't have enough points to get Macreadie and co. without going in to heavy deficit in 2017 do you think they might pass? I really like Rotham and would be stoked to get him with our first pick, but Macreadie just reminds me of Ben Reid, and I'd love to have another of him on our list (minus the injuries).

Would have preferred Mitch McCarthy to Olango with our last pick too and taken a ruck in the rookie draft, but overall I'd be pretty happy with that draft you've done. Good effort.
With Macreadie, i honestly think if GWS lose picks there are 2 players they are certain to match and that is Setterfield and Macreadie. Perryman also a near certainty for GWS to match.

Great job, but I reckon Carlton would take SPS ahead of Brodie at #5.
I dont like this crop of WA kids moving away from home too much, despite what they all say

Do you think Lachlan Murphy is stiff not to get a rookie here? Seems to have had a pretty decent year
Rookie draft possibly as you said but is another 40 players who could have been rookied quite easily

3 defenders...

I would want to vomit!

We need pace, and we need at least 2 of our 3 picks (or at least 1 at an absolute utter minimum) to address that. Logue is okay (isn't my choice but that's fine). I rate Berry but if we go him with players on the board who have leg speed we are not addressing our needs. We were burnt on GF day on the outside, we were burnt by GWS in the 2 games we lost on the outside. We need speed.
You need to go look at some Jarrod Berry footage, he's plenty quick enough with elite agility and endurance not to mention great acceleration, also a great mark overhead and a booming kick. You'll also like his aggresion, he's a real hard nut. I've seen every Ballarat Rebels home game over the last 2 years in person, you are way out with your assessment.

This year after returning from a knee injury Jarrod played Midfield/Forward for the last 4 games and dominated in that role hitting the scoreboard big time.

Go to the AFL Draft Machine site and click on his name to see the AFL extended footage, it will be an eye opener for you.

http://www.afl.com.au/draft/draft-machine

Remove this Banner Ad

APSS Full Phantom Draft (Nat + Rookie)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back