Are the Crows supporters ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
obviously it's not just Adelaide who do this, but they are the worst culprits IMO. it's engrained in their mentality, their culture. a very negative culture; booing and grumbling takes precedence over support. they supposedly had 50k at the game but they were just sitting there like old grannies pre-game, no color, vibrance, atmosphere, excitement.. more "here we are now, entertain us"..

I don't intent on turning this into a boring shit fight but I'm just explaining what I feel. They were quite literally created because of Port. So it actually explains their culture somewhat. Other clubs are proud, working class.. born out of hard working class suburbs.. they had tough ****s that worked tough jobs and then represented their footy clubs and from that strong cultures were born based on the way they played their footy. This club.. barely has a tradition to look back to. It's quite a strange, unique problem I think.

Every association needs a mentality and an identity, you need a way of fighting and a reason to fight, short term and long term goals. This club needs to find a soul.

Great post.
Ive thought this way for years.
I have never supported the Crows in a 'showdown' for this very reason.
Its club v state. A club with an almighty soul Vs a state with a chip on its shoulder.
I will always go for the club.

The Crows tried to build themselves as "The pride of Sth Australia" (such an embarrassing song). They set out to replicate the Croweaters v The Vics and everyone else mentality.
They even took on the states colors. It was never gonna work.
They then expect to jump on the back of 'father son' factor when the son of a Sth Australian is looking the goods.
Build your own history and then recruit the sons of players from your club. Not your state. You had and have enough leg ups for it not to be a disadvantage.

Go Port. You are the real deal.:thumbsu:

Nah... I've seen Eagle fans do it at Subi and living in Melbs, I go to a lot of games as a neutral and see it all the time.

No, they just don't show up at all when things are looking grim.

these little potshots are short-sighted and in a thread like this the true meaning behind why the people weren't showing up should be exposed.

Dude it wasn't even half full at peak that day. I remember it well, standing in the NW pocket area. Some did leave yes, but not in the overall %'s seen today. It was almost a protest.

as Jakko mentions here the people were voting by not turning up. by chance he happens to be talking about that game against North which had a crowd of something like 14k. the pinnacle of games we hated going to, for so many reasons not just the stadium. we have souls and we hated what was happening to our club, put 2 and 2 together. this is no cop out and only trolling crows fans with this trolling hatred ingrained into them see it that way and that negative poison spreads. when you are disenchanted with the club and its ownership you revolt and you don't show up - this is magnified by 1000000 over in Italy for example where Lazio are so organised and so united with their stance against their owner that they organise mass boycotts of games and do it successfully. that's just one example in football. we're the only club in this competition that had (as of only weeks ago) a different owner and a bad one at that, the equivalent of a bad owner leeching money from a soccer team. there were other issues, self-inflicted, I never back away from that. Port in particular has always had Port people or people that get the way we operate in charge, there is that expression with good clubs, something like "the people come and go but the supporters remain the same", the mentality of the supporters stays true even though everything else evolves. you have to make them happy most of all in order to thrive (unless you're Red Bull...). we just wanted Port people in charge of Port and now that the 'battle' seems like it's over.. let the war begin!!

I love how Power fans are getting on the 'crows have a shit supporter base'. Absolutely laughable.

"It was a protest!"

Should start a 'Do Power fans have the shortest memories?' thread.

Since you used the "It was a protest" I presume youre quoting me.

I agree, Port saw a very high percentage of no shows for a good number of years (hell even in the early 2000's we had fans leaving in disgust because we were finishing top bbut not winning the flag). And, it will happen again whenever we start to play crap again, or if the admin starts ballsing up and hurting the club.

Since you used the "It was a protest" I presume youre quoting me.

I agree, Port saw a very high percentage of no shows for a good number of years (hell even in the early 2000's we had fans leaving in disgust because we were finishing top bbut not winning the flag). And, it will happen again whenever we start to play crap again, or if the admin starts ballsing up and hurting the club.
You'll be hard pressed to find any supporter on here who thinks we don't need a clean out of the Admin. Even more so because of how well your mob did it.

The last thing we want to see is a bunch of Port supporters trolling us (might not have been you) about how fickle we are.

Hilarious thread, every team does it, and lol to port flogs talking about Adelaide crowds.......very ironic. 2 things:

1) Bay covers....and

2) In 2012 their average home attendance figure was 19, 910. That's an 11 game average, not a once-off low.

Don't even think about starting to talk to us about crowds.

Last edited:
yes bay covers, many clubs go through this in the world, in a 50,000 seat stadium in our down years it is understandable, clubs go through down years as well as up.. we can't win the flag EVERY year.. just like other real clubs in Victoria who struggled to get 20k to games between each other at Etihad, every club has down years. they don't really seem to like Etihad either and often vote by not going to that.

also see my post re: trolling crows fans with this trolling hatred ingrained into them

when you've brainwashed half the state into abandoning their SANFL club for a corporate franchise it's easy to sit back on comfy attendance figures of disappointed families that know something isn't right but hate Port too much to do anything about it, like watch their "old" club play at a "small ground" where they focus on how small the crowd is instead of how their boys play footy.

Lots of pensioners, elderly, grandmothers with their young grandkids, need to leave early I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When the games were played at West Lakes it was a nightmare trying to beat the exiting traffic so I can understand why some left AAMI early. It will be interesting to see how good/bad the traffic is now the games are played in the city. Living in Melbourne I haven't yet had an opportunity to see how good/bad the crowd clears out of AO and out of the city but I intend to go to a Port game in a few weeks so it will be interesting to see.

I saw the first half of the game today, had to go out and came back to see the last few minutes and admittedly it wasn't a good look seeing the stadium clear out as much as it did while the game was still on. It may be that the exiting traffic is even worse in the city.

I wouldn't necessarily single out the Crows' fans, every team has its CBF staying til the end fans, but today especially wasn't a good look.

I arrived to the Adelaide CBD by around 5pm.... Yeah a tidal wave of crows fans wanting to head home.

A few Hawks fans last week were leaving when Chappy kicked that goal. Served em right we won and they didn't get to see it

Can't imagine why anyone would leave when there is a kick in it. I was watching that game on TV and I couldn't even leave the room!!! Exciting finish and good win.

10 goals on the other hand I get. It's not just Adelaide fans. I've seen hordes of fans of a lot of different teams leave games that are blow outs. Adelaide fans are however very quiet which is weird.

As an Adelaide resident I feel like Adelaideans are particularly soft in this regard

bump

So what do the Crow apologists have to day about the Demons game?

5 minutes left on the clock, your club is 2 goals down, and the crowd starts streaming out!

We even had stories and columns in the local rag about it.

When we beat the Hawks last year, the exodus of their fans halfway through the last quarter was astonishing. Never seen anything like it.So I don't think it's just Crows supporters who do it.
We have our fair share as well.

Supporters of every single club do it, it isn't like there is some special mentality you have for being a member of 'X' club and it suddenly removes your inherent dislike for watching your team get reamed.

That being said, thought it was peculiar watching the Adelaide/Melbourne game seeing people leave when it was that close - but I guarantee you'd see that in any supporter base.

What's worse, leaving early or not bothering to turn up at all. 3rd highest home attendance average in the AFL, no crowd boost from same town rivals, and have played GWS and Melbourne, all in a down year.

Hawks have played against 32,000 at the MCG against another Melbourne based team and Port have played against 36,000 at home this year in their second match and Premiership reunion game, neither team are leading the way in this area.

Last edited:
... the worst for leaving a game when the team is losing? We see it time and time again! The ground was well over half empty (or less than half full if you prefer) before the final siren. This is something you don't see with Port Adelaide; their supporters stay to the bitter end.

I lived in Melbourne for almost a decade and in the many, many games I attended didn't see anything to match this. Sure, some people will leave before the end, but not 60+% of a supporter base. I have attended Richmond games where they received a flogging, but the fans, by and large, hang around.

Oh, and I'm not Adelaide bashing; I am an Adelaide boy through and through. I am Crow supporter bashing.*

* If you were at the game today and stayed to the end, then credit to you. If you were at the game and cleared off when things started to go pear shaped, then shame on you.

Bolded part: Until they lose a few, and then they just dont rock up at all, cue the bay covers.

The crows supporter base is an older crowd unfortunately, and an extra 5-10mins of traffic or waiting for a bus seems to affect them. I think its pathetic personally...

Its also because a lot of people from the western and eastern stands have to go in front of the stands to leave, whereas at hte MCG or Dome or anything they go behind the stands so the cameras dont pick them up.

bump

So what do the Crow apologists have to day about the Demons game?

5 minutes left on the clock, your club is 2 goals down, and the crowd starts streaming out!

We even had stories and columns in the local rag about it.
The last qtr in that game ran to about 32 or 33 minutes. So when they walked it was around the 28 minute mark. I'm not sure what they do at the MCG but at Adelaide Oval they show the time-on clock, not the count down clock.

Either way, that was the worst Crows performance in about 4 years. When the team is putting in such a stinky performance it's much easier for people with kids to decide to leave early so that the commute home is less stressful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back