Opinion Are you in favour of the Crows wearing the "state" jumper against Port Adelaide

Do you support the Crows wearing the "state" jumper in the showdown

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's an embarrassment really. I'd be ambivalent to the idea, except that lately "AT LEAST WE AREN'T PORT!" has been the distraction of choice whenever close scrutiny of how the club functions comes up and this was obviously intended purely to antagonise them.

I voted against.

I understand the historical element and the players would have done the right thing by the jumper. They fully comprened what a privillage it would have been to wear it.

Winding up the PAFC and smashing them in the publicity stakes is an OK move.

Its the way the AFC admin have handled it that put me off. We pick the wrong things to make a stand on.

When it comes to making really strong decisions like sacking a coach/CEO, standing up for the Club or picking a Captain we take the soft option.

Given a chance to put people offside - inlcuding or especially our own - over a jumper or logo we're arrogant as. I dont understand it and I am very disheartned with our decision making processes.

The SANFL deserve their fair share of blame for this, but we didnt really need to wear the jumper at all. It was a bad call in a long line of shit decsions from Chapman, Trigg & Smart. They should all go.

I dont see the need for it. It seems ill thought out and rather unnecessary.

It will be a very bad day if we lose the game...

The AFC is simply paying respect to its true heritage when it was formed - a composite side of players from all 10 SANFL clubs.
Indeed the Crows inaugural squad of 52 players was a totally South Australian club, fielding a virtual State side of the best available South Australian players - NOT ONE PLAYER came from another AFL Club (without already having played in the local league).
This seems to be the best representation to recognize all 10 SANFL clubs at the new Adelaide Oval.

Well done - love it.

If people can't see the reason behind why it's being worn then bad luck to them.
It's a great idea and should be celebrated.

Typical of people wanting to create a shit storm instead of looking to promote the game.
Typical of a supporter base that find it easier to take offence than look for the good.

As a Crows Member & old SANFL member I was a little uneasy seeing Scott Thompson pull on the state Guernsey.
That was until:
  • Port people said they were part of the SANFL at that time too
    • Yes and the very reason the Crows were born. Go back to that time and remember the sentiment toward them as a club.
  • The argument that a Victorian shouldn’t wear the jumper
    • State of Origan has gone, but our State team of late has been full of interstaters representing the Jumper.
At the end of the day the Crows filled stadiums in their infancy as we all got on board an AFL club representing this state.

Jumper should have been allowed

As a Crows Member & old SANFL member I was a little uneasy seeing Scott Thompson pull on the state Guernsey.
That was until:
  • Port people said they were part of the SANFL at that time too
    • Yes and the very reason the Crows were born. Go back to that time and remember the sentiment toward them as a club.
  • The argument that a Victorian shouldn’t wear the jumper
    • State of Origan has gone, but our State team of late has been full of interstaters representing the Jumper.
At the end of the day the Crows filled stadiums in their infancy as we all got on board an AFL club representing this state.

Jumper should have been allowed

And Port Power wear the jumper in their colours too.
qusynequ.jpg

7e7y2aqu.jpg

Still sacrosanct?

I don't agree with cornes much these days but his article today is spot on! Also he is better to judges the situation better than anyone given his background.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Are you in favour of the Crows wearing the "state" jumper against Port Adelaide

Back