Arms on Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope, but i think in this game it's time to not give too much of a negating role when armfield will suffice.

Even though last time we played the Pies, Gibbs was one of our best, providing tackling pressure and run out of the backline, kicked a goal, while keeping Daisy fairly quiet?

Explain why we should change a proven winning formula and change the way he plays? :confused:

can see both sides. Put Army on him and tell him dont leave his side, or go with Bryce and make Thomas accountable. Tough call. As great as the bath was Gibbs gave Cornes, I'm not sure he has the leg speed to stay with Thomas....hmmmmmm

edit-good point BB-GIbbs' tackling and body pressure has been outstanding this year

IMO go with Gibbs. They've been giving Thomas more time in the midfield, so Gibbs can go with him in the middle and play defensive if he goes forward. Armfield maybe on Davis

I don't think Thomas is anywhere near our biggest concern. Like has been said above, Didak and Swan are much more important to keep under control. Daisy's a little frontrunner.

For the best overall set-up i think it should be Bryce, but I'd love to see Murphy go head to head with him so we can shut up the "Thomas>Murphy" crap once and for all. How people can think that a guy who does two or three flashy (and admittedly, at times, brilliant) things a game is more value to his side than a hard-ball-getting forward-lacer is beyond me.

You would think we are more likely to see match ups through the midfield off judd on R shaw, then stevens on swan and murph on pendlebury. It's a bit hard to tag more than one midfielder imo.

If Carlton beat us this time it will be far greater earned than the first win as the element of surprise goes out of the game. Collingwood know to prime themseleves for your best, hopefully you bring it so its a cracking game.

You would think we are more likely to see match ups through the midfield off judd on R shaw, then stevens on swan and murph on pendlebury. It's a bit hard to tag more than one midfielder imo.

If Carlton beat us this time it will be far greater earned than the first win as the element of surprise goes out of the game. Collingwood know to prime themseleves for your best, hopefully you bring it so its a cracking game.

I don't think Pendlebury will play. Did you get the email from Mick? Sounds a bit pessimistic about his chances to me.

Thomas is an outside player, if Collingwood can't win any footy or creat any space forward he won't find it.

Gibbs or Armfield or both at different stages could work quite well. Bannister or Carrazzo could be other options for this match up... Possibly Browne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to admit it, but if this kid plays well we lose. Arms should be tolsd to DRIVE him into the ground whenever he can.

Would be my selection for the Thomas matchup as well. Luckily, we do have some options for Collingwoods "4 smalls" in Didak, Davis, Thomas and Medhurst. As I have previously said, I would go with the following:

Armfield - Thomas
Carrazzo - Davis
Gibbs - Didak
Jamison/Thornton - Medhurst

That leaves Waite and Carlos to take Cloke and Fraser.

i dont understand the reasoning of some people
how on earth can people say thomas is less important than their short-pass link up players ?
they link up with short passes to get the ball to more damaging players, ie: thomas
thomas' 16 touches a game can torch a team, while didak/shaw/swann can get 30 and have an average day full of nothing touches

Gibbs did a fine job on Thomas last time around and just came off arguably his best game at AFL level after teaching Chad Cornes a lesson.

Thomas will rotate off the half forward flank and also through the middle which won't worry Gibbs one bit after he followed Cornes down back, up forward and through the middle and beat him in every position.

Gibbs-Thomas
Armfield-Davis
Didak-Carrazzo
Medhurst-Jamison/Thornton

Leaving Setanta and Waite to go on the big forwards. Last game vs Collingwood, Setanta played all over the place but we might need him down back this time around. Waite to go to Cloke, who was towelled up by Bower. Rocca is out which helps. Setanta to Fraser. Tell the Irishman to knock him around a bit, Fraser will crumble under the softest of body pressure so we'll be right.

Would be my selection for the Thomas matchup as well. Luckily, we do have some options for Collingwoods "4 smalls" in Didak, Davis, Thomas and Medhurst. As I have previously said, I would go with the following:

Armfield - Thomas
Carrazzo - Davis
Gibbs - Didak
Jamison/Thornton - Medhurst

That leaves Waite and Carlos to take Cloke and Fraser.

Brown will probably play forward in Rocca's absence.
Jammo went to him in the second Q last time and shut him down while Thornton went to Medhurst.

This is all Carlton players are going to be seeing of Dale on Sunday......And his lovely hair streaming out behind him.:p
ibasr6.jpg
They call him "Daisy" a traditionally female name
They use adjectives like "lovely" to describe him.
They post photos of his arse.

I'm a little disturbed.

i dont understand the reasoning of some people
how on earth can people say thomas is less important than their short-pass link up players ?
they link up with short passes to get the ball to more damaging players, ie: thomas
thomas' 16 touches a game can torch a team, while didak/shaw/swann can get 30 and have an average day full of nothing touches

agree with this almost entirely except i think if Didak gets 30 touches he usually damages teams, in my opinion he is the best kick in our side.

*BUMP*

Well you were right.

We saw loads of him running towards the sidelines........to the bench......didn't have the footy with him.:eek:

The only time Daisy really got the pill was during the warm up. :p

This is all Carlton players are going to be seeing of Dale on Sunday......And his lovely hair streaming out behind him.:p
ibasr6.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Arms on Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back