Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 11 - 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Still think the Pies have plenty of hurt to come as they phase out some senior players.

Pendles, Howe, Sidebottom, Cox and Elliot don't have a heap of footy left. Mihocek, WHE, Adams and Crisp turning 29 this year. All played and played well today.

Papering over some huge cracks imo.

Their time is definitely now. They will need significant turnover in a couple of years.

Had 2 texts from Pie supporters, 1 saying ‘do I believe’ yet and the other, see you at the end of September…

I usually rate their opinion but I just don’t see it. I just don’t think the Pies are that good and I’m not being biased either…

Can someone tell me if I have one eye closed??

Still think the Pies have plenty of hurt to come as they phase out some senior players.

Pendles, Howe, Sidebottom, Cox and Elliot don't have a heap of footy left. Mihocek, WHE, Adams and Crisp turning 29 this year. All played and played well today.

They’re having the year Essendon had last year. They’ll be bottom 4 next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had 2 texts from Pie supporters, 1 saying ‘do I believe’ yet and the other, see you at the end of September…

I usually rate their opinion but I just don’t see it. I just don’t think the Pies are that good and I’m not being biased either…

I don’t see it but a month ago Melbourne looked unbeatable.
You just need to be playing well to be good enough.

this is why buckley had to stay another decade.........

Slobbo just pointed out that Dees are 17th in the comp for pressure, with * 18th. I do love how he always has to fight for *, saying everyone on * back about their pressure. He even threw in the nugget that Cognilio is his player of the round and wondered whether it was self driven or because of McVeigh or Hird (let’s not include Solomon.. just had to put Hirds name in).

Interesting I think the aura of Melbourne and their reliance on 3-4 kept them winning.. maybe dropping off a bit and no longer being the hunted may help.

Does a good player need to do something to warrant boos?

I've never booed anyone, but if I were compelled - threatened with death if I didn't boo at least once during a game - I'd boo an opposition player for being good. You're allowed to boo an opposition player for being good.

Lacks a bit of class to do it during an award, but Collingwood supporters are who they are.

Booing is a contentious issue but I'd boo a player for something like a cheap hit on one of our players or playing for frees. I don't agree with players getting booed for changing teams, especially all game but each to their own.

Definitely don't agree with a player getting booed when getting presented with a medal, even more so on a day of significance like today or ANZAC Day

They'll be next years essendon

They've got some quality, and they're playing good footy.

That being said, they've just beaten Melbourne (minus May) who are having some significant internal drama this week. The week before that they beat an ordinary Hawthorn side by 4 points. Go back another week and they beat us by 4 points when we lost Weiters in the first quarter, and were already without Pitto and Harry.

I see them as overperforming a bit, running on a good little vein of momentum since their very good win against Freo, but they've had some good fortune with the fixture and timing of opposition matchups since.

They're a game clear in the 8, and will stay there if we beat Richmond. And their fixture ahead is slightly favourable as well - easier games against GC, North, Adelaide, Essendon and Port, to go with some tougher opponents in GWS, Sydney, Melbourne and us again.

It's probably the perfect year for them in the context of their list. The youngsters will likely get a taste of finals, valuable experience for a tilt at a cheeky flag in the next 2-3 years before their elder statesmen drop off.

Last edited:
They've got some quality, and they're playing good footy.

That being said, they've just beaten Melbourne (minus May) who are having some significant internal drama this week. The week before that they beat an ordinary Hawthorn side by 4 points. Go back another week and they beat us by 4 points when we lost Weiters in the first quarter, and were already without Pitto and Harry.

I see them as overperforming a bit, running on a good little vein of momentum since they're very good win against Freo, but they've had some good fortune with the fixture and timing of opposition matchups since.

They're a game clear in the 8, and will stay there if we beat Richmond. And their fixture ahead is slightly favourabl as well - easier games against GC, North, Adelaide, Essendon and Port, to go with some tougher opponents in GWS, Sydney, Melbourne and us again.

It's probably the perfect year for them in the context of their list. The youngsters will probably get a taste of finals, valuable experience for a tilt at a cheeky flag in the next 2-3 years before their elder statesmen drop off.

They are going well at the moment, though lack of key forwards I think will hurt.

Bottom half of the 8 at best, maybe win a final. Though they’d be rightly wrapped how they are going at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 11 - 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Back