Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 16 - 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood rode one hell of a lucky ride last year. It was hell of a belief but at the end of the day, they have been worked out. Some would say, that even got very lucky, including the GF but what is really interesting, is that their master coach has nothing else and has not planned for anything. Just arrogant and dumb. Will be watching to see if he can adjust and redefine the game plan but thankfully their mental belief is done and they are done due to age demographic. Wonderful.

Second position is ours to lose. We will have no one to blame but ourselves.
Speak for yourself Surrey I’ll be blaming the coaches.

After all every week we tell them what team changes are needed, how to fix the game plan, who should be sub etc. etc…but do they listen? 😃

Pies won so many games last year by very slim margins, many coming from way back, the big comeback and then just scrape in…yes a bit of luck, but opposition have worked it out, plus a few injuries & the premiership hangover, not the first side to slide after a flag ie Geelong last year. I hope we mash them in a few weeks.

Fair enough against the Bulldogs Juicy, they are playing pretty good football at the moment and it was close for most of the game last week.

But there’s no sugar coating the GWS game - it was a bad loss. We were up by 33 points at quarter time, and then just capitulated managing only 3 goals to their 14 goals in the next two quarters. Not acceptable for any team let alone one with top 4 aspirations.
Didn't Charlie kick something like 2.6?

If he converts half of those misses, we win.

H also missed a couple he'd normally kick while they were kicking them from everywhere.

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
What I wouldn't give for Richards. Gun.
Even though not a “need”, give me Darcy any day of the week. That kid is a freak! For mine, barring the suspensions, has Harley covered for Rising Star…

Yes, Richards would make us better. Was happy to take LOB in draft at the time, but we pulled wrong rein.

Last edited:
Even though not a “need”, give me Darcy any day of the week. That kid is a freak! For mine, barring the suspensions, has Harley covered for Rising Star…

Yes, Richards would make us better. Was happy to take LOB in draft at the time, but we pulled wrong rein.
Absolutely, Darcy is going to be a superstar. Im also not going to act like Richards hasn’t been anything other than a good, ordinary player until about 8 games ago. I think some of the calls on him have been a bit premature imo

FWIW, I wanted us to draft Ginnivan back in the day (check if you want) Didn’t know about the “character”, would have been interesting to see how he existed within our group. Clearly his energy is infectious…

He would have been fantastic for us this season, he has a lot of good traits to work with, any second year player who kicks over 40 goals in a year is a good poster.

A lot of his indiscretions are pretty minor and were blown up.

A great piece of business by the hawks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Darcy does look good but has a major chink. His old man :sick:

Being generous updated the ladder predictor... we finish 3rd, Brisbane 2nd... would most likely mean a prelim now in Sydney vs Swans.

All we can do is take care of our own business. Need to win at least 5 of the final 6 games and hope Brisbane lose a game as well. Won’t be easy, we have a more difficult run home IMO. Our 50/50 games are against Port, Collingwood (they are crap now but we struggle against them) and Hawks. Brisbane’s most difficult games are against Swans and GWS (GC?)

Hawthorn are one McDonald shank and losing a 40 point lead away from being a game clear in second. Will be our toughest game to finish the season as they’ll be playing for a finals birth.

Hawthorn are one McDonald shank and losing a 40 point lead away from being a game clear in second. Will be our toughest game to finish the season as they’ll be playing for a finals birth.
Hawks next 3 games will all be tough….
If they get across the line they will enter the finals series with some ripping form behind them.

if it's a boy we'll call it gary ayres, unless you meant berth, but i get your drift: we gave up a 39 point lead and lost a couple a close ones and do sit in second...so..go...hawks?

The defining games for Brisbane are today against Sydney, away to Gold Coast next week and away to Collingwood in Round 23. They win all of those then top 2 is a chance for them. We really need to win 5 of our last 6 to keep our destiny in our hands for ladder position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 16 - 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Back