Game Day Around The Grounds - Week 2 - Semi Finals 1 & 2 - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

All you need to know about Jordan Lewis is the coward punch hit he did on a young Patrick Cripps. Bloke is a flog.
I like to send feedback to Foxfooty as often as I can. Letting them know my thoughts on J.Lewis. still waiting for a reply.😛
Maybe others would like to help me get some traction?

Last edited:

Loving the anguish from Lewis in particular.

His cry about Hinkley embarrassing himself was pure pain from the loss and showed his comments come from bias.

Why are we subjected to this drivel from fox?

Surely they are not suggesting that the Mensa graduate Lewis is the best candidate for commentary in the land? Him and “good bloke” Hodgey between them would be scrambling to find 2 brain cells to rub together.

As for embarrassing behaviour, how about displaying a low iq and the butchering of the English language weekly on live television Jordan?

Laughable!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Carlton supporters have rep for being arrogant in the past.
I know we'll be loud and proud when we are truly back in it.
But
Listening to Hawks supporters on SEN yesterday.. and seeing that response last nite after losing. And 3 goals help from umpires...
They take it to a whole other level.

I hope we as supporters can keep our enthusiasm to the limits of our team without running down the opposition.

Paying respect to other teams who make finals is a good thing whether by silence or referencing their strengths.
I like our club a lot more since we got some humility.
I don't mean the losing!
But overall we've improved off field and stopped the rich v peasants mentality that held us captive for so long.

Hawks have a very violent underbelly. I remember Kennett talking once about the thrill of killing something ...it was quite sickening.
**** 'em.

Still think Kenny was immature. But **** 'em.

Last edited:
How shit the narrative is about the post game incident, rather than the game itself, which was a terrific exhibition of two teams busting their gut to win the game.

Rioli so influential. Has been, in most of ports close wins this year. A super recruit by port. Would love him at the blues.

I thought Ports ruckman played well against Meek, who has been unbelievable the Hawks winning streak.

Sydney will smash them next week though, that was a tough game and dont seem them lasting 4 qtrs.

How shit the narrative is about the post game incident, rather than the game itself, which was a terrific exhibition of two teams busting their gut to win the game.

Rioli so influential. Has been, in most of ports close wins this year. A super recruit by port. Would love him at the blues.

I thought Ports ruckman played well against Meek, who has been unbelievable the Hawks winning streak.

Sydney will smash them next week though, that was a tough game and dont seem them lasting 4 qtrs.
Good points 👍

swans in Sydney will be a difficult game but Port have done well against them in recent years…winning last 6 games (or something like that)

Carlton supporters have rep for being arrogant in the past.
I know we'll be loud and proud when we are truly back in it.
But
Listening to Hawks supporters on SEN yesterday.. and seeing that response last nite after losing. And 3 goals help from umpires...
They take it to a whole other level.

I hope we as supporters can keep our enthusiasm to the limits of our team without running down the opposition.

Paying respect to other teams who make finals is a good thing whether by silence or referencing their strengths.
I like our club a lot more since we got some humility.
I don't mean the losing!
But overall we've improved off field and stopped the rich v peasants mentality that held us captive for so long.

Hawks have a very violent underbelly. I remeber Kennett talking once about the thrill of killing something ...it was quite sickening.
Fukc 'em.

Still think Kenny was immature. But fkc 'em.
Hawks have taken over the arrogance mantle.

Good on Hinkley, he shouldn't apologise for having a dig back, that's what competitiveness brings out. Have a dig at my boys, and you better deliver on it.

Just watched Sam's presser.
Wow. He is shattered. FILTHY! Must have really really thought they'd win.

Laid into Hinkley..who had encouraging words for him post game( ch7 footage).

No accountability...re Ginny's comments.
I hate them shifting the narrative onto post game when they were beaten fair and square.
Port were definitely the better team and deserved the win.
Hawks are exciting to watch for sure.
But Port ...I didn't know they could be that good tbh.
Was a great game!
Love the footy style played by both teams.

Hinkley must be an utter moron.

He has taken the focus off the players and their effort and made it all about him.

What an absolute tosser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t mind Hinkley, thought the post game stuff was maybe unnecessary but emotions are high he’s under huge pressure & it’s great theatrics. As for hawthorn live by the sword die by the sword, they mouthed off don’t sook

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley must be an utter moron.

He has taken the focus off the players and their effort and made it all about him.

What an absolute tosser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was an inadvertent slice of genius. All the focus and pressure will be off the players heading into the prelim.

I get the feeling that they’ll run Sydney very close next week.

Thank the lord not another Hawks GF. Finished top 6 so now get a tougher draw and think they were exposed somewhat tonight. They can crack fairly easily mentally.

No zone shit against this mob, hard tough one on one footy is how you can break them down and was proven last night.

How’s the media after the game, didn’t ask Mitchell the one obvious question about Ginnavin that might have garnered a response that wasn’t an obvious answer from the questions they did ask:
What are thoughts on Ginnivans tweet last week, and how that has clearly given Port extra motivation and in the end you have lost a game by 3 points. Feels like to me it’s a small reason you lost tonight, what are your thoughts on that?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm just happy this HOK ball crap and Wizard nonsense is over for the time being. Real cringe stuff.

angry clint eastwood GIF

Tbat's a heat of the moment thing. If one of our players had said what Ginnivan said, I would have been livid.
Reminds me of the local finals a few years back when my young fella was playing they had won the first semi and next day after the game in second semi one of losing players said to the opposing team see you in 2 weeks
Well guess what the old karma bus hit em when my young fellas team beat them by a point 🤣🤣🤣

I'm just happy this HOK ball crap and Wizard nonsense is over for the time being. Real cringe stuff.

angry clint eastwood GIF
The media love for Mitchell and their ‘brand’, to go along with their supporters, especially listening to them during our game, was enough for me to 🤮 . It’s over, I can enjoy the finals again..

The media love for Mitchell and their ‘brand’, to go along with their supporters, especially listening to them during our game, was enough for me to 🤮 . It’s over, I can enjoy the finals again..
From my side, I am also hoping Cats get knocked out next week...

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Around The Grounds - Week 2 - Semi Finals 1 & 2 - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back