As a Crow fan, how will YOU handle it if Port Power win the Flag this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be away in Portugal and Spain for the next 4 weeks, returning GF week, and desperately hope that they won't be there. That said, with their draw - i.e. Geelong at home, they should make the prelim this time. From there I think whomever else they play will beat them. Lock down Butters and I reckon they're done.
Better still, knock him out with a shirt front. Then watch the hypocrisy

If we had won another 1 or 2 flags over the last 20 years I wouldn't be as concerned.

However, I think the next flag is going to create a seismic shift in the SA footy landscape especially if Port win one and our drought continues.

How are we supposed to entice the next generation when we haven't even won a flag for nearly 30 years?

Boy didn't we have some chances from 2002 to 2017. Now we're really paying for it.

I am not too concerned. Port have had some lucky wins. They got done by the Suns (R 18) Had a reasonable win against the bottom side Richmond but still not convincing, They beat Carlton by 14 pts, Killed the Swans which was a massive surprise but nevertheless they did win against the swans in a big way. Just beat Melb, Even when they beat us a lot can be put down to how we lost the plot after Rankine was laid out and they just beat Freo. Take out the win over the swans and they really haven't been overly convincing.

I hope they dont win the GF but thats more about my pride. It will drive me mad. But as others have said there are more important things in life ....Iam just trying to find out what they are.

I am not too concerned. Port have had some lucky wins. They got done by the Suns (R 18) Had a reasonable win against the bottom side Richmond but still not convincing, They beat Carlton by 14 pts, Killed the Swans which was a massive surprise but nevertheless they did win against the swans in a big way. Just beat Melb, Even when they beat us a lot can be put down to how we lost the plot after Rankine was laid out and they just beat Freo. Take out the win over the swans and they really haven't been overly convincing.

I hope they dont win the GF but thats more about my pride. It will drive me mad. But as others have said there are more important things in life ....Iam just trying to find out what they are.

You only need to beat your opponent by 1 point on Grand Final day.

Even on the Sack Hinkley thread they're saying he seems more serious / focused / "the job's not done yet" than in previous years.

This disturbs me.
I think they have finally got it right... i scratch my head and think how cos i do not rate their defense or forward line.. their Agrade mids are going to win it for them. Bit of West Coast 2018 about them. i cant see them NOT making the GF.. but anything can happen on GF day as we know all too well from 2017. We needed Brisbane to finish top 4....

I used to live and breath the footy/crows but ever since having kids and taking on a pretty full on hobby i barely watch the footy these days and tune out of our games when we play dumb footy or are getting smacked which has been a lot since 2019. i dont care about the port players or the club.. i just dont want them to win cos of their fans and people i know that barrack for them. f*** them! if they win it, we as crows fans have nothing to come back with until we win another one and the "119" thing gets put to bed. it will mean they have won 2 flags since we last won one. One things for sure, they wont blow another home prelim...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be pissed, but won't lose too much sleep. There are bigger things in life to worry about.

I couldn't care less. It is what it is. If they succeed or they fail. There are indeed more important things in our lives so if Port win the premiership so what. Oh Dan Houston would probably be devastated if they won it because he knows how hard they are to win and you may not get this chance again.

I'm actually not very confident about Sydney winning it. I think it will be Port, Geelong or GWS. The Bulldogs a sneaky chance outside the top 4 if they can play their best footy.

Even though nobody is giving them a chance I am pretty confident that GWS will beat Sydney in the QF on Saturday afternoon. Port are playing at home on Thursday evening but should win despite not having the greatest home finals record in recent times. They are however 3-0 at home vs Geelong in finals. But they have a preliminary final after that and have lost their last 3 including 2 at home.

Last edited:
i echo the statements already made, don't particularly care about them as a club, the way the crows have stuffed their fans around the past 20 years with these half baked attempts at rebuilds has had a numbing effect and maybe a bit of maturity makes you care less as you get older, but still would be funny to see their fans meltdown. but i think they'll win it tho, can't remember a more weak/even year and JHF improves by the week

I'm probably an outlier in that I'd rather a team from SA win it than a team from Victoria or NSW or QLD.

Hate how unfair an allegedly national competition is. The two top teams are from Sydney and Adelaide, yet the GF is in Melbourne? Give me a break.

Does anyone really want to see Hawthorn or Geelong win it again? Or the bulldogs after their "fairytale" run with all the help of the umps they got? Or Brisbane, Sydney, and GWS with all their assistance from the AFL?

Best thing I have found, being known as a strong Crows supporter, that you can do is every time a Port supporter makes a comment to you or tries to stir you up is to just look really excited and say "Yeah, Go South Australia!"

It fires them up beautifully, you can even join in celebrations and all it does it irritate them!

I used to live and breath the footy/crows but ever since having kids and taking on a pretty full on hobby i barely watch the footy these days and tune out of our games when we play dumb footy or are getting smacked which has been a lot since 2019. i dont care about the port players or the club.. i just dont want them to win cos of their fans and people i know that barrack for them. f*** them! if they win it, we as crows fans have nothing to come back with until we win another one and the "119" thing gets put to bed. it will mean they have won 2 flags since we last won one. One things for sure, they wont blow another home prelim...
Haha, let’s wait and see. They will be likely playing GWS or Swans. That’s exactly the game I expect them to get knocked out

Easiest draw, 6 close victories (most under a goal) now missing one of their top 5-6 players and his replacement.

Let’s wait and see but do expect them to beat Cats. Will await any Power fan to agree with your post

i echo the statements already made, don't particularly care about them as a club, the way the crows have stuffed their fans around the past 20 years with these half baked attempts at rebuilds has had a numbing effect and maybe a bit of maturity makes you care less as you get older, but still would be funny to see their fans meltdown. but i think they'll win it tho, can't remember a more weak/even year and JHF improves by the week
You seem to know so MUCH about their history though reading your historical postings. I didn’t realise Choco left Power mainly due to money reasons but “could have still earnt a very good wage if he remained”. Exceptional knowledge of an opposition club :)

EDIT mcleod at 50 lines it up

As per one of your very first posts below. Virtually all of them on “non-crows” threads which is a little strange when joining a crows forum for a true crows fan. Quick question mate.

Can I please ask why you needed to clarify who “we” meant. Any crows fan posting on a crows forum that says “we” clearly and unambiguously means our beloved tri-colours of the Crows. Why did you feel the need to clarify who “we” meant (as you were bagging us and praising Port on your initial posts upon joining) by putting the Crow’s in brackets? Please explain :)

not bait but we (the crows) are missing that genuine full time mid, which are pretty hard to get and who was available via trade, we spent a lot of our draft capital on smaller flanks who can rotate through there potentially but are probably never going to be the main guy. so I respect what ports list management has done compared to us but that doesn't stop me enjoying their spring chokes too.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

As a Crow fan, how will YOU handle it if Port Power win the Flag this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back