Ashes 2021/22

Remove this Banner Ad

If there is no test in Perth, there is nothing surer then a second test in Sydney that will get washed out.
I'd quite enjoy it if the series is 2-2 going into that game but is washed out. Thus we retain the Ashes because they didn't want to quarantine.

Obvs I'd rather win but that irony would be an enjoyable laugh.

Its a belter now . Last shield game as good a deck as you will get .

It can take a few years for a new curator to come in and basically reset the square .

Will be a result pitch this series , nothing surer.

Every year someone says similar. I won't be holding my breath, but lets see. I think "belter" is setting yourself up for disappointment personally. It absolutely won't crack I can guarantee that now, any grass will be surface level and irrelevant. So basically we're hoping on a different soil mixture producing pace so either the bowlers can extract something, or batsman can tick the scorecard over faster than a snails pace.

Every year someone says similar. I won't be holding my breath, but lets see. I think "belter" is setting yourself up for disappointment personally. It absolutely won't crack I can guarantee that now, any grass will be surface level and irrelevant. So basically we're hoping on a different soil mixture producing pace so either the bowlers can extract something, or batsman can tick the scorecard over faster than a snails pace.
Would be more inclined to think a deck/square will play similar to what it did a month or 2 ago rather then 12- 24 months .
But I'm not a professional curator either .

If its a slow low road I will be very suprised , not disappointed though .
Not sure how thinking a track will be decent is setting yourself up to be disappointed.
Each to their own though

So what was wrong with last years pitch? Australia only making 200 once shows it clearly wasn’t a road…

So what was wrong with last years pitch? Australia only making 200 once shows it clearly wasn’t a road…
Australia not making runs =/= dicey pitch. We failed to make runs on literal highways in the UAE..

Last years pitch was awful. Nullified Australia's strength (Cummins and Hazlewood) by sapping all of the pace due a tacky, terrible, typical MCG wicket. In part, I don't think the curators are entirely to glame. Drop in wickets are by and large going to disappoint. But I also don't think this current curator has the answers. For every "great" wicket used in a shield match, there are three shocking ones.

Australia not making runs =/= dicey pitch. We failed to make runs on literal highways in the UAE..

Last years pitch was awful. Nullified Australia's strength (Cummins and Hazlewood) by sapping all of the pace due a tacky, terrible, typical MCG wicket. In part, I don't think the curators are entirely to glame. Drop in wickets are by and large going to disappoint. But I also don't think this current curator has the answers. For every "great" wicket used in a shield match, there are three shocking ones.

Lol, so the only 'good' wicket in your eyes is one Australia wins on because it plays to their strengths?

So obviously the 2010 MCG wicket must be the worst of all time...

Lol, so the only 'good' wicket in your eyes is one Australia wins on because it plays to their strengths?

So obviously the 2010 MCG wicket must be the worst of all time...

Good wickets are ones that provide all facets of cricket with a platform to express their talent. When you start with low bounce, no pace and tackiness, and finish with those same characteristics, it's pretty dull in my opinion. Pitches SHOULD crack up and bounce SHOULD vary as a Test match goes deeper and deeper. Batting on day five shouldn't be a breeze.

If there is no test in Perth, there is nothing surer then a second test in Sydney that will get washed out.

Surely CA need to cash in on this series and therefore Sydney gets a line ruled right through it or do they get the same broadcast funds for rain outs?

Biased maybe but a red ball Adelaide test would be good, if not MCG who appear to have sorted out the pitch problems. Gabba and Sydney a no, Hobart seems unlikely although I'd be in favour of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reason CA wont go to Hobart is purely $$.

With the perth test sold out all those refunds will have to be made up and by giving it to Hobart CA wont get close.

Where another big crowd in Melbourne or sydney will.

I suspect CA might ask ECB about the possibility it being a pink ball test so the broadcasters still get the same timeslot for the 5th test match because perth is 3 hours behind and they will have their prime time viewership.

Also would make the test a different feel to original one in that city.

A day night test in Melbourne would be great, chance for something different without changing the Boxing Day test.

Giving a 2nd test to another state and just ignoring Tasmania again would be a huge slap in the face.

Whether they are pissy at Cricket Tas or not shouldn't matter. They neglect Tassie so often and we finally have a chance to give Tassie a marquee game if they snub them again it will show how little they care about the game in the state.

Giving a 2nd test to another state and just ignoring Tasmania again would be a huge slap in the face.

Whether they are pissy at Cricket Tas or not shouldn't matter. They neglect Tassie so often and we finally have a chance to give Tassie a marquee game if they snub them again it will show how little they care about the game in the state.

At th end of the day CA is a business and the worst day in Melbourne is a bigger crowd than Tassie could provide with 5 full days. Add in the negative PR attention from Tassie and they’ve really got nothing going for them.

The Paine retirement angle was their only hope.

At th end of the day CA is a business and the worst day in Melbourne is a bigger crowd than Tassie could provide with 5 full days. Add in the negative PR attention from Tassie and they’ve really got nothing going for them.

The Paine retirement angle was their only hope.
You neglect a state long enough and you will lose interest from the state.
Sometimes they need to look long term over the short term cash boost.

We have seen it with the tv rights already, chasing the $ now not caring about the long term impact. Don’t expect Tasmania to keep supporting cricket while the keep proving they don’t care about cricket in Tasmania

Fair enough.

Were you one of the folks who threw Smith under the bus during sandpapergate?

Asking for a friend.

Never understood the idea that heaps of Australians actually dislike the national cricket team.

When we were losing continuously from 2009 to 2013 there was a hell of a lot of toys being thrown out of prams by the public, many of whom couldn't handle losing.

Never understood the idea that heaps of Australians actually dislike the national cricket team.

When we were losing continuously from 2009 to 2013 there was a hell of a lot of toys being thrown out of prams by the public, many of whom couldn't handle losing.

Back in the glory days when Australia kept winning with players such as Warne, Gilchrist, Ponting, Clarke, McGrath, etc, there was definitely a tone on this forum suggesting tall poppy syndrome. A lot of people didn't like Australia because they kept winning all the time. Can you imagine that? They were watching some of the best cricketers of all time and weren't happy. I wonder at times just how many genuine cricket lovers post in here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ashes 2021/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back