Ashes 2021/22

Remove this Banner Ad

What's Inglis shield average like ?

Josh Inglis: 45 matches, 2204 runs at 34.03 (three 100's, twelve 50's) 147 catches, three stumpings.

Alex Carey: 45 matches, 2466 at 34.73 (five 100's, thirteen 50's) 160 catches, four stumpings.

Carey has had a stinker of a start to this season, and Inglis has played just the one match due to selection elsewhere. 2020/21 looked like this:

Josh Inglis: 8 matches, 585 runs at 73.12 (three 100's, two 50's). Strike rate of 85.02. 23 catches, two stumpings.

Alex Carey: 3 matches, 299 runs at 59.80 (one 100, one 50). Strike rate of 62.03. Nine catches, no stumpings

Career batting average is negligible no matter which way you go, although Inglis' recent form simply has to have him ahead. If you're basing it on glovework (and we should be in this format) then I don't see how you don't pick Inglis. Carey's glovework has never been super and he's made some terrible mistakes in the coloured kits for Australia. Tough to see him excelling with the red/ pink balls in play.

At least if they go Carey the white ball form is somewhat reassuring. Prefer Inglis personally but our selectors have been weird for ages so who knows. Inglis in the WT20 squad was really annoying tbh.

Good news, but I don’t see how he is a ‘shock bolter wildcard’ given how impressive he has been the last few seasons. And who over the age of 4 would write something like ‘shock bolter wildcard’ anyway? Journalism…

If I was trying to impress the boss I wouldn't leave out; revealed, bombshell, twist and disturbing (or horrific) - usually included in most 'click-bait' headlines!

"Revealed, disturbing bombshell with shock wildcard bolter twist choice for Paine spot!"

Now that's a headline! ha ha..!

Bellerive over either please. The MCG is the worst cricket wicket in the country and the SCG isn't much better, plus it rains there

the article I referenced in a previous post is saying that CA are upset about the Cricket Tasmania reaction to the Paine issue, so no Test for them, and Canberra is too small.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cricket Tasmania didn't exactly endear themselves to Cricket Australia with their Paine statement. Won't help with any bid for an Ashes test.

the article I referenced in a previous post is saying that CA are upset about the Cricket Tasmania reaction to the Paine issue, so no Test for them, and Canberra is too small.
It's Craddock and he seems to be doing a fair bit of leaping in that article but yeah I don't think Tassie are really a chance of getting the test if they can't get to Perth.

Don’t blame CA taking it off Perth they are playing silly buggers over there. England won’t and shouldn’t agree to two quarantines 1 is plenty and even 1 is pushing it.

Both pitches for the Indian series in recent years were bad. One officially rated poor and that last one did nothing for anyone. It was slow, offered no turn and made batting difficult
The pitch for the 2018 test v India was officially rated average which is two rungs above poor.

It wasn't a good pitch by an stretch of the imagination but the Cook pitch was absolutely atrocious and was rightfully rated poor.

That full article from Ben Horne makes for bizarre reading - you want to give Starc and Healy the benefit of the doubt, but it comes across as them saying "Mitches' wildly inconsistent bowling performances are down to his father's death and his teammates dropping catches."

Remove this Banner Ad

Ashes 2021/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back