Ashes 2021/22

Remove this Banner Ad

This isn't serious, but isn't Whiteman both a captain and a wicketkeeper?

Whiteman is filling in for S marsh atm as captain......due to the amount of injuries Whiteman is not keeping....its a shame because he was very good with the gloves and was talked about for higher honours when he was keeping

This isn't serious, but isn't Whiteman both a captain and a wicketkeeper?

Whiteman's finger has been Paine'd. Pretty sure he's actually had more surgeries than Paine did in an attempt to try and fix it. Given he's yet to keep for the state side since returning, and Philippe is keeping over him now too, it looks like his keeper days are over.

I would love Inglis as I believe he is the better keeper but I reckon they will go Carey

Its a shame that Josh has not had the opportunity to show his wares in the shield due to the T20 WC......I hope the selectors take this into consideration

talk about timing
For test cricket, I reckon Josh is about 4th in line TBH.

Edit: Sorry, I was talking about Philippe.

Last edited:
Has to be Inglis. Superior keeper, which is the first thing you should be looking at for tests. Don’t think his batting would be too far off either, and given Careys recent form it really seems like a no brainer, even moreso if you consider their ages.

If Carey gets picked it’ll just be because he was supposed to be next in line 3 years ago, without any recent evidence to suggest he’s right for the job. Really hope they go with the potential long term option. Give someone a chance to lock it away for the next 10 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inglis or Carey

I'll take Wade over them

#### that. :thumbsdown:

Hopefully Inglis gets in but feel like it will be Carey. Usman will get the other spot. Don't really care either way on it. Neither fill me with much confidence. Feel like Head will do better if we're in trouble (which probably makes him more preferred to me) and Usman better if he comes in at a favourable time.

Well Head keeping, which I'm not in favour of, would give Australia the option to select another middle order batsmen, Khawaja etc..?
Warner
Harris
Labuschagne
Smith
Khawaja
Green
Head (wk)

FFS, if we couldn't make 800 runs in the first innings with this batting line-up, somethings wrong...

Definitely don't want him keeping and after last summer am more worried about us getting wickets.

Why? They aren't great but can't say they would do any worse than Paine.
His last series against India definitely had a few blunders, and coming into this Ashes on the back of neck surgery....

It had the makings of a very tricky series for Paine anyway.

Often with keepers the end can come very quickly.

Ashes 2021/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back