Coach Assistant coaches 2025 - Jake Batchelor VFL Coach Morris AFL Assistant

Remove this Banner Ad

This is like the Spud Frawley days doing lots of things on the cheap. We’re going to be drafting a lot of kids next year who will be probably playing a lot of vfl games combined, so is Batchelor the right man for this?
I would have a bigger problem if there were no changes at all, I'm not sure if Jake is the answer either, but I think he must be given a chance & hopefully have the VFL playing the same style of game that they develop over the next few seasons. I'm more than happy to see what the coach & the other assistants can bring to the table & I'm confident that bringing back Caracella can hopefully get us back on track.

I would have a bigger problem if there were no changes at all, I'm not sure if Jake is the answer either, but I think he must be given a chance & hopefully have the VFL playing the same style of game that they develop over the next few seasons. I'm more than happy to see what the coach & the other assistants can bring to the table & I'm confident that bringing back Caracella can hopefully get us back on track.
He's basically achieved nothing as a coach an it reflects almost his playing career. It's going to be interesting

Or no one he knows wants to come and coach with him

I'd say most people realise Yze is dead man walking. Losing Rioli, Bolton, Dusty, Baker and Graham we're gonna be worse next year. Our starting mids/rucks are all gonna be older and slower, the incoming draft kids will be struggling and puttering along. 40% of the 2021 draft haul are recovering from long term injuries and the rest I'm not convinced are gonna be more than role players.

If Balta doesnt sign by start of the season the FA circus around him will never end and he will get ludicrous offers. If Battle got offers of $950k and Weitering $1.5mil surely Balta gets offered $1.2- $1.3mil. Gonna be lots of 10 goals - 100 point losses. Lynch back we might jag a couple of wins against cellar dwellers if he kicks a bag.. Yzes not gonna get an extension on the back of that and the media will be hunting for his scalp into his 3rd year.

Whether Yze likes it or not the likes of Newman and Morris have the luxury of being ex Tigers and will be looking out for themselves at that point and either distancing themselves from him or actively undermining him with micro aggressions and planting seeds in the ears of the right people. They're not gonna die on the Hill of team Yze.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Assistant coaches 2025 - Jake Batchelor VFL Coach Morris AFL Assistant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back