Aussies Abroad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at a Utrecht forum seems like they did not rate Oar at all, seemed to be a whipping boy of some sorts. However seems to have come on a bit in the past month and a bit. They seem to rate Sarota highly though.

Rogic off to Reading for $600,000 it seems.

-Shit club
-Shit money
-Shit timing which will again cost the Mariners like when they lost their star striker this time last season...probably the reason why Glory made the GF but that's not the point.

Why cant he wait to the end of the season and then go to somewhere like Holland or Germany where he can develop rather than dissapear at some kick and rush shithole like Reading. Hope I'm wrong tbf.

Yeah there are probably better leagues for his development than the EPL as well. It's been on the cards though and from rumours there might be a couple of other Mariners leaving as well. 600k isn't great but hopefully there are some extras thrown in...it's about what Euro clubs are prepared to pay for our good kids ala Oar, Zullo, Sarota.

hes off contract at the end of the year so 600k is pretty good value

this.

it is either leave for free or get in 600k now. for a club that needs the money and only 6 months left on his contract, it is a great deal imo.

hope he does well

hes off contract at the end of the year so 600k is pretty good value

Yeah I forgot about that but I want to see more young Australians on the continent. It's better for their development. This is the second year in a row this has happened to the Mariners albeit Simon went to Korea. At least Abini was given one more year in Oz to continue his development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're signing him with the intention of him playing from the get go to assist with their relegation battle.

He wont be loaned back to the club.

Looking at a Utrecht forum seems like they did not rate Oar at all, seemed to be a whipping boy of some sorts. However seems to have come on a bit in the past month and a bit. They seem to rate Sarota highly though.

Must be in some sort of form then.

Is leading the Erividersie player of the season tally's..

Perfect move, Champions league exposure says it all.
Apart from the CL though (if he gets gametime in it), the SPL is a pretty average league. Some rubbish football there at times and the league isn't exactly known for developing or nuturing young talent. I still reckon a good Championship club looking for promotion to the EPL would have been a better move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies Abroad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back