Australia v India, 3rd Test at the MCG Dec 26-30

Remove this Banner Ad

What an absolute corker of an over!

So now I'm a bit torn. Would love to rip through them and have a crack at a 400ish total, but know it's totally unrealistic to reach. So instead do we want them to bat out the day and half a session tomorrow, then pray for rain which is on the cards and be happy with a draw?

You'd fail this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_test

He was a silly old w***er though.

But this is the least the immigrants can do, Australia is being generous by giving citizenship to Immigrants. I agree with this fellow, if let's say I get US citizenship I'll change my name to Robert from Rohit and dye my hair blonde

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For **** sake. Another 100 runs and we’re slightly in this. Story of the series really.. just haven’t taken the momentum when it was available. First test we had a big chance. 2nd.. we outplayed them and now.. even getting to 300 first innings the game is still on. We haven’t been THAT bad.. just not good enough for long enough.

What an absolute corker of an over!

So now I'm a bit torn. Would love to rip through them and have a crack at a 400ish total, but know it's totally unrealistic to reach. So instead do we want them to bat out the day and half a session tomorrow, then pray for rain which is on the cards and be happy with a draw?
I know what you mean! I feel the same!

India already have an untouchable lead and people are going crazy for these wickets like they matter...
Are you reading the thread? Yeah, how dare we enjoy seeing our star grab 3-3 after we fielded for 2 days.

Quite simply they have bowled better than us and batter better than us.

Our so called quicks seem to struggle to bang it in and bowl good short stuff unless the wicket gives them assistance apart from Cummings who was decent. They also got some reverse.

Hazelwood needs to be more accurate and more patient because, well, so much for comparing him to McGrath.

Starc seems to only respond and bowl quick when Warnie calls him out and truthfully Warne has been right every time. Starc is sometimes real quick and sometimes not and often all over the place with a couple of jaffas and tail wickets to make things look good.

Our Batting needs a shake up. We just fall into every bowlers trap. I'd have a big clean up with Batsmen. See if we can't get in and at least bat some time.

Burns
Harris
Khawaja
Head
Wade
Finch
Paine
Cummings
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

Would even consider Renshaw. Think we just need to try some blokes and see who can bat at test level against good bowling.

Toss has been a big factor in the series but then again it always is in India too.
I made a slight change as I don’t rate Finch as a Test batsman.

Renshaw
Harris
Khawaja
Burns
Head
Wade
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

Last edited: