Australian Flag.Aboriginal Flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigger said:
Was the Torres Islander flag there also?

If not, it is against 'flag protocol' to fly just the Aboriginal Flag & Australian flag without the third one

And thats the point IMO. Why not stick an Italian flag up for Giansiricusa too while were at? Oh thats right because of the black armband nature of looking at the history of this nation, only Aboriginals are the ones that are allowed to take pride in their heritage. We are either one nation under one flag, or were just a pack of tribes waiting for the inevitable civil war to happen.

Tigger said:
torres.gif

Never knew the TS Islanders were commies.

Gary Shadforth said:
What about one of these as a flag of our own .....

97-a.gif
93-1-a.gif
recon-a.gif

As much as some people which it wasnt the case, this country was built by Anglo Saxons and we will irrevecobaly be linked to the Union Jack, why should we be ashamed of it and change our flag just to appease then PC black armband brigade, Asians, Aboriginals and Muslims?

bresker said:
Anglo Saxons? What about the Aboriginals, Welsh, Scots, Irish, Chinese miners, Italians, and those from countless other nations?

Alright perhaps i should of used the word 'British' Migrants. They were the ones that built this nation. They built the first roads, the first railways and other infrastucture. Other cultures and 'tribes' have simply come here to rape us for our quality of life. Why should we deny our heritage, by removing the Union Jack from the flag? It was predominanty the white Aussies that saved this nation in 45 from the Japanese. There wouldnt be an Australia for all these hordes to come and set up shop in if it wasnt for them. The least people can do is let us keep our flag.

UNIT said:
As much as some people which it wasnt the case, this country was built by Anglo Saxons and we will irrevecobaly be linked to the Union Jack, why should we be ashamed of it and change our flag just to appease then PC black armband brigade, Asians, Aboriginals and Muslims?

I want the jack off the flag, but I'm not a political correct crusader who wants it to appease minority ethnic groups.

Gary Shadforth said:
Really, the Australian flag is about 90% British. The British Blue Ensign was adopted out of a citizens' design competition in 1901. Therefore the only thing Australian about it is the depiction of the constellation of the stars of the Southern Cross.

Federation Star.

The only thing british aboutit is the Union Jack - and i agree, it must go.

Gary Shadforth said:
Well flags is a component of the discussion, Asher87 mate ... I agree with you about our nation having a flag of its own.

Really, the Australian flag is about 90% British. The British Blue Ensign was adopted out of a citizens' design competition in 1901. Therefore the only thing Australian about it is the depiction of the constellation of the stars of the Southern Cross.

What about one of these as a flag of our own .....

97-a.gif
93-1-a.gif
recon-a.gif
I love the middle one!

UNIT said:

The union Jack is British - something that no longer holds any meaning.

Fire said:
I know, which is why I’m not on a crusade here.

I don’t know, I can still see how it’s fair enough, but it's an Australian team, representing players from all parts of it. There is only one flag that dopes that. It is not a symbol of European Australia.

BTW, I think the Cathay issue is different, at the time I thought good on you, even though I was still very young. I suppose it’s different when you’re playing a team sport under your country’s name.

If everyone is happy about it though, then so be it.
I disagree, that is exactly what our current flag is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wizard_9 said:
What a load of ********, the country is Australia and if they cant handle that and wanna make their own little country they can all ******** of to the NT and build there own government etc.
As you are probably a big fan of Cook, DJ, Wiz, Roger, Johnson, Grover and Dhurrkay, Abraham, Koops, and the many others before them... :thumbsdown:

Poor effort wiz.

Showing their flag alongside ours, when the the two-co-captains, plus another 3 players out of the 27 man squad were indigenous, that's almost 20%, much higher representation than they have in the general population, so good on them for showing pride in both their background and our country... and playing bloody well, singing the national anthem as strongly as anyone else and being part of the team.

If they wanted to stick up the flags of the 12 AFL teams on the wall (no Wiggles, Saints, Port or Pies players?) that would have been fine too... just another example of who they are representing.

If there is any field of endevour that we should be thankful for their contribution, it's aussie rules, where would our game be if we didn't have the history of Polly Farmer, Cable, Michael, Long, Rioli, Winmar let alone the current day stars.

The confusion with this comes from the fact of whether; do you have flags based upon your country? or flags based upon your race?

You could argue that since they are representing their country primarily it should only be the Aussie flag. Yet regardless of that, they are role models and also represent their race.

I dont think their is a right or wrong answer

Fire said:
All right then, fair enough.

But what is European about it, appart form the Union Jack, which also holds no meaning for me? I still let it 'represent' me.

Things that hold no meaning for the majority of Australians

* Aboriginal Flag
* Star Of David
* Islamic iconography.

Why then should we entertain the absurd notion of recognizing them on our flag or other national symbols of identity?

UNIT said:
Alright perhaps i should of used the word 'British' Migrants. They were the ones that built this nation. They built the first roads, the first railways and other infrastucture. Other cultures and 'tribes' have simply come here to rape us for our quality of life. Why should we deny our heritage, by removing the Union Jack from the flag? It was predominanty the white Aussies that saved this nation in 45 from the Japanese. There wouldnt be an Australia for all these hordes to come and set up shop in if it wasnt for them. The least people can do is let us keep our flag.

Klan-in-gainesville.jpg

You hero. Keep dem dere darkies away from are wimmun folk!

# Aboriginals in the squad: 5
# Jewish players: 0, unless Amon Buchanan is?
# Islamic players: 0, unless Trent Croad is Osama in disguise.

Hence a flag is OK, the star of David and Islamic iconography was irrelevent.

Freo Big Fella said:
Klan-in-gainesville.jpg

You hero. Keep dem dere darkies away from are wimmun folk!

Pathetic. Are you saying any white person who is proud of their heritage and their flag must be a KKK. Is that what debate has come to in this country?

Do you give the same treatment to all Aboriginals that are proud of their heritage and ancestory?

Its that sort of racial hypocrisy that is holding back reconcilliation.

The only problem I have with it, is the fact it segregates the indigenous people from the non indigenous people, yet everyone wants equal rights.

UNIT said:

You type that ******** and wonder why you get accused of being racist.

Whenever a thread pops up that deals with Aboriginal reconciliation or acknowledges that the Aborigines were, in fact, treated apallingly by our ancestors, here comes UNIT with all the typical 'i'm not racist but...' bull******** excuses. You make me sick.

I don't think you accept that we can all happily live in a multicultural reality. Cultures evolve. Australia did not stop evolving the day the first immigrant from Italy or Greece or China or wherever arrived.

By the way, your post is full of historical holes. The batle of Kokoda was in 1942 for starters. That's when Australia was first 'saved'. And I'll tell you what though, the BLACK people of PNG played as big a part of saving 'our' country as anyone else. Aboriginal people in the top end served our country in the war too.

Do you really think the Japanese would not have taken Australia had it not been for the Americans? It was them, not 'White Aussies' that smashed the Japanese navy in the coral sea and forced the Japanese back. Aussie soldiers played their part (my grandfather fought in Bougainville and Milne Bay) but had we not had backup we would have been slowly destroyed by a much larger force.

Who cares whether the first dirt roads and wooden houses were built by British descendents. Ask yourself who built the big sky scrapers in the city and our highways. Australians. With names like GROLLO. People from all backgrounds. Watch out UNIT, a guy with an italian background might have built your house!

UNIT said:
Pathetic. Anyone who is proud of their heritage and their flag must be a KKK. Is that what debate has come to in this country?

Do you give the same treatment to all Aboriginals that are proud of their heritage and ancestory?

No, someone who talks of "Hordes" of foreigners coming to "Rape" us for our quality of life must be going close though. You can be proud of your heritage without demonising entire groups of people in the process.

As far as the Aboriginal Flag goes, who cares? The British Flag means nothing to me (and a fair majority of modern Australians I'd be willing to guess at), yet I don't continuously bitch and moan about the Union Jack on the Australian Flag.

PAFC2004 said:
The only problem I have with it, is the fact it segregates the indigenous people from the non indigenous people, yet everyone wants equal rights.

Exactly. Its either one or the other. Were either one nation working together to build a better future for our children or were not. Its that simple. The Michael Longs of this world need to realize that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Flag.Aboriginal Flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back