Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

No. He literally said Sky News is pushing Kremlin propaganda

"Ugh, more reasons to dislike Sky News.

Now pushing Kremlin propaganda."

Cap modified his post after I posted.
No I didn't, it says exactly that. Edit - my edit was adding an article by the same author saying supporting Israel is defending Democracy. It shows her duplicity

They are. You are the audience, like Fox told you the US 2020 election was stolen and you believed it.

They want you to think funding Ukraine isn't worth it.

Which is what the Kremlin want.

Hopefully gets us as value adders rather than just selling raw material too.

I had read somewhere that Biden was looking to classify us as a similar to a domestic supplier in the US as well. Which you think would help.

I'm genuinely curious.

Who is the leadership of this anti Semitic left you speak of.

Just so we all know who to look out for
Well, I think it's fairly clear.

If you can find a twitter post that has some anti jewish sentiments in it, then obviously that's left wing stuff. Always has been if you look at history.

And therefore it logically follows that this is supported by the faceless left wing international banking conglomerates who control all the money and hollywood (and who are not jewish themselves, this time around).

A statement like "you guys shouldn't be bombing civilians" is really just one tiny step from spouting horrible, racist ideologies.

This must truly be the Lucky and Generous country. Throw in over a $1/4 of a billion the Voice referendum cost. I agree we help Ukraine but let's help our own people first.

‘Utterly crazy’: PM announces more funding to Ukraine​

Liz Storer says Australia’s increasing funding to Ukraine in their fight against Russia is “utterly crazy”
Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has announced that Australia’s aid to Ukraine will come up to $910 million.
“Let’s remember this is NATO’s war,” Ms Storer said.
Liz Storer says Australia’s increasing funding to Ukraine in their fight against Russia is “utterly crazy”.

What the **** man, we should be spending this on something like giving the resources sector a boost to meet international demand.

That's not the norm for middle Eastern people though is it.
I didn't suggest it was. I do think, perhaps, that it's a bit less uncommon than we'd like to think, though. There's a bit of "mask off" going on on the streets of Western countries at the moment.
That's my point, what is it.
I don't think I can answer that without writing an essay! Maybe it's easier to say what it's not - and what it is not, is living in an isolated bubble / enclave, not respecting the social / cultural norms of the country you live in, even if you don't actively adopt / participate in them, and most especially it's not expecting that the people of your new country will change their norms and bow to your expectations of what a country "should" be.
it doesn't seem to apply to any single country or culture that we can look at and at say quit being violent, fanatics and assimilate!
Not all men are rapists, but all rapists are men. I don't think anyone finds that a difficult concept. And yet, we tie ourselves in knots, trying to avoid offence, when some people (not all) of a particular religion / culture engage in inciting, committing and celebrating barbaric acts.
I think we have the problem here as well, how we address it is anyone's guess. My first point of call would be better education and opportunities for employment
I don't think "better education and opportunities for employment" is anything close to an answer, but at the same time I don't know what "the answer" is. I do know that hiding from the problem and refusing to call it out is not an answer either.

I think some of this goes to what is defined as "multiculturalism", which is widely seen as a universal good thing. But it depends on how you define it. A good example comes from the riots in Leicester, UK, earlier this year:

There's no simple answer proposed in that article, either - but the author does a pretty good job of describing the problem.

I didn't suggest it was. I do think, perhaps, that it's a bit less uncommon than we'd like to think, though. There's a bit of "mask off" going on on the streets of Western countries at the moment.

I don't think I can answer that without writing an essay! Maybe it's easier to say what it's not - and what it is not, is living in an isolated bubble / enclave, not respecting the social / cultural norms of the country you live in, even if you don't actively adopt / participate in them, and most especially it's not expecting that the people of your new country will change their norms and bow to your expectations of what a country "should" be.

Not all men are rapists, but all rapists are men. I don't think anyone finds that a difficult concept. And yet, we tie ourselves in knots, trying to avoid offence, when some people (not all) of a particular religion / culture engage in inciting, committing and celebrating barbaric acts.

I don't think "better education and opportunities for employment" is anything close to an answer, but at the same time I don't know what "the answer" is. I do know that hiding from the problem and refusing to call it out is not an answer either.

I think some of this goes to what is defined as "multiculturalism", which is widely seen as a universal good thing. But it depends on how you define it. A good example comes from the riots in Leicester, UK, earlier this year:

There's no simple answer proposed in that article, either - but the author does a pretty good job of describing the problem.
That article sums it up.

As a society the UK allowed people living their to associate more strongly with countries than the UK.

Why would that be? I suggest a lot of the problem would be solved right there.

"assimilation" works both ways, one party needs to be able to integrate into the society that they live, but that society needs to accept them.

The internet is forever. Albo has always been there.

It all gets better

Former Victorian Commonwealth Games legacy minister Shaun Leane conceded he didn’t read the business case for the event.

Mr Leane held the role from June to December last year before being dumped from state cabinet.

The internet is forever. Albo has always been there.

You do realise that there's a difference between being pro-Palestinian, and pro-Hamas?

Hamas is the elected government. Who does the support go to?
And its not like the mass mobs out there with pro Palestine flags are not ALSO calling for Jews to be gassed and killed and celebrating the slaughter of the women, children, babies and taking of hostages by Hamas (they are not condemning the thats for sure)...or even tearing down pictures of kidnapped Israeli children from walls etc.

Its certainly flushed the dangerous antisemitic extremists out from the hedgerows so to speak

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamas are not the elected Govt of Palestine - they seized control of the Gaza Strip, kicking out the elected Palestinian Authority Govt. The Palestinian Authority remains in control of the West Bank, excluding the areas which have been stolen by Israel for their illegal Settlements.

There is no "good side" here, though arguably the Palestinian Authority comes closest to claiming that title.
  • What Hamas did was positively horrendous, and I truly hope the Israelis put a bullet in the head of every member of the Hamas organisation, and everyone who has ever provided support to Hamas (even donating as little as $1 to their cause).
  • On the other side of the coin, Israel continue to expand their illegal Settlements on Palestinian land in the West Bank, in many cases displacing Palestinians who have every right to claim ownership of the land.
I fully support the Palestinian cause, in their desire to achieve statehood, and their desire to end Israeli theft of Palestinian lands in the West Bank. I also fully support the Israeli attempts to exterminate Hamas.

... but I wouldn't expect a Sky News viewer to understand that there are shades of grey here.

That article sums it up.

As a society the UK allowed people living their to associate more strongly with countries than the UK.

Why would that be? I suggest a lot of the problem would be solved right there.

"assimilation" works both ways, one party needs to be able to integrate into the society that they live, but that society needs to accept them.
I don't think countries like the UK and Australia could be accused of not "accepting" migrants / refugees - OK a minority of bigots / xenophobes, but really, not a country- / society- wide issue. If anything, it's an issue of what you might say is "too accepting" or "acceptance without conditions" or whatever - perhaps in part, out of fear of being perceived as "not accepting".

Another example being the grooming gangs scandal in the UK, where police basically admitted they didn't pursue the matter as rigorously as they might, for fear of stoking racial tensions.

Again, I don't know what the answer is, but that article articulates the issue.

You may wish to re-acquaint yourself with the 2007 Battle of Gaza, when Hamas seized control of the Gaza Strip - kicking out the elected Fatah (Palestinian Authority) forces.

I don't know how much support Hamas has within the Gaza Strip, but I suspect most of it has been obtained at the wrong end of a gun.

You may wish to re-acquaint yourself with the 2007 Battle of Gaza, when Hamas seized control of the Gaza Strip - kicking out the elected Fatah (Palestinian Authority) forces.

I don't know how much support Hamas has within the Gaza Strip, but I suspect most of it has been obtained at the wrong end of a gun.
What I have aquainted myself with is Hamas won 2006 parliamentary elections elections and in 2007 violently seized control of the Gaza Strip from the internationally recognized Palestinian Authority. The Palestinian Authority, dominated by rival Fatah movement, administers semi-autonomous areas of the Israeli-occupied West Bank.

APnews poll from 2021 being this source finds most Palestinians in Gaza favor Hamas.

The poll found that 53% of Palestinians believe Hamas is “most deserving of representing and leading the Palestinian people,” while only 14% prefer Abbas’ secular Fatah party.

I just saying that there is a high likelihood any if all aid will go to Hamas as the government.

I don't think countries like the UK and Australia could be accused of not "accepting" migrants / refugees - OK a minority of bigots / xenophobes, but really, not a country- / society- wide issue. If anything, it's an issue of what you might say is "too accepting" or "acceptance without conditions" or whatever - perhaps in part, out of fear of being perceived as "not accepting".

Another example being the grooming gangs scandal in the UK, where police basically admitted they didn't pursue the matter as rigorously as they might, for fear of stoking racial tensions.

Again, I don't know what the answer is, but that article articulates the issue.
I'm not accusing anyone. The article pointed out the problem I was merely speculating the why.

It is a challenging position, no doubt and you do feel for police because as we have seen with someone like Dutton and his African gangs, there is always a politican willing to throw a community under the bus for cheap political points, so they would be walking on egg shells balancing proper policing.

From all the statistics I've ever seen, recent migrants are usually less likely to be locked up than born and bred citizens, but that's not a message that seems to cut through.

It's definitely complex.

Edit - just on the accepting/too accepting peice I still believe being open to accept others actually drives the behaviours to become closer to what we would call normal here. Obviously that takes time.

It is a challenging position, no doubt and you do feel for police because as we have seen with someone like Dutton and his African gangs, there is always a politican willing to throw a community under the bus for cheap political points, so they would be walking on egg shells balancing proper policing
With the grooming gangs it was actually the reverse. Local politicians (councils) were also at fault - not because they wanted to throw a community under the bus, but because they didn't want to "stoke racial tensions". Both they and the police failed for the same reason.

With the grooming gangs it was actually the reverse. Local politicians (councils) were also at fault - not because they wanted to throw a community under the bus, but because they didn't want to "stoke racial tensions". Both they and the police failed for the same reason.
Not disagreeing with you, but I believe there is good reason to not stoke racial tensions where you can.

A more mature community and we focus on the gang issue, rather than where said gangs are or are not from. I'm not sure we are there yet.

Why is the name familiar?
When there are numerous women claiming similar incidents, it's unlikely to be false.

I'm sure channel 7 are feeling proud of sponsoring such a lowlife.

Using the mental health as an excuse is pathetic.

Imagine putting ' not wanting to stoke racial tensions' above the welfare of the hundreds of young vulnerable girls being r*ped by the pakistani paedophile gangs over there. An absolute stain on the local authority and police force

Not disagreeing with you, but I believe there is good reason to not stoke racial tensions where you can.

A more mature community and we focus on the gang issue, rather than where said gangs are or are not from. I'm not sure we are there yet.
Hundreds of girls were r*ped and abused.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back