Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Is he holding back tears, outrage, disbelief, like he does every time Labor lose anything.
Sorry, I'm sure Green's politics are at opposite ends to mine but he's a national treasure with his sharing of electoral wisdom. My favourite bit of any election is watching him go through the results on election night.

Sorry, I'm sure Green's politics are at opposite ends to mine but he's a national treasure with his sharing of electoral wisdom. My favourite bit of any election is watching him go through the results on election night.
I remember seeing he and Kerry trying to conceal their disappointment and tears during every Labor loss. His excitement at announcing gains to Labor and losses to the coalition is hilarious. Anyone thinking he is anywhere near right of centre isn't watching. If he in fact states he votes liberal, I'm calling him a big fat liar.

I remember seeing he and Kerry trying to conceal their disappointment and tears during every Labor loss. His excitement at announcing gains to Labor and losses to the coalition is hilarious. Anyone thinking he is anywhere near right of centre isn't watching. If he in fact states he votes liberal, I'm calling him a big fat liar.
I'm sure his preferred party matches his name, but IMO the quality of information he brings to election coverage transcends his personal views.

Interesting that there are many outback areas that voted no. It would be great to get a detailed feedback of their concerns and why they voted no
It would be interesting to see why the inner city yuppy voted yes....."I did BLM, climate change, trans, open borders - this was the latest thing and I was told to follow it."

Last edited:
The most ironic thing is that Johnny Rotten was banned from the BBC back in the 70s for saying that Jimmy Saville was a disgusting person and how everyone has heard all the rumours about the appalling things that he gets up to.

I guess they thought at the time that Rotten was just trying to be provocative and edgy, but it turned out that everything he said was completely true.
More like they didn't want Rotten to spill the beans on what they had been covering up for years. The BBC and the establishment knew exactly what he was up to, but they turned a blind eye because he was so popular. There's vision of him groping a young girl on national TV.

It would be interesting to see why the inner city yuppy voted yes....."I did BLM, climate change, trans, open borders - this was the latest thing that I was ordered to follow."
As an aside to that, its ironic to see the LGBTI support at the Palestinian (Hamas) antisemitic rallies being held around the world...this springs to mind from ISIS days. You really have to wonder what goes through the heads of people

As an aside to that, its ironic to see the LGBTI support at the Palestinian (Hamas) antisemitic rallies being held around the world...this springs to mind from ISIS days. You really have to wonder what goes through the heads of people

If you are LGBQT and you are supporting Hamas you definitely have mental health issues.

trans for Palestine ...."but, but where with you guys" aint going to cut it sweetheart.

I'm sure his preferred party matches his name, but IMO the quality of information he brings to election coverage transcends his personal views.
Like 90s football commentators, who he supports isn't obvious.

Which is exactly how peope who are meant to be impartial should be.

I'm with you though, the guys analysis is fantastic. Big loss when he quits.

It was not Morrison's idea it was the Wntworth waffler and the mincing poodle's idea...French subs using dated technology.
Are you getting a bit confused? AUKUS is the plan for the nuclear submarines.

Turnbull & Pike's plan was the French submarines, which is the plan which was superseded by AUKUS. AUKUS was indeed Morrison's plan, and was arguably the only positive thing to come out of his entire Govt.

It was not Morrison's idea it was the Wntworth waffler and the mincing poodle's idea...French subs using dated technology.
You might want to check the history of it all.

Morrison, again I'm not being critical of him, as how do we know, blew up the French agreement to much international angst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After or if ever these subs are built/delivered will we have the crews to operate them?
I have mates working in reasonably senior roles at Sub Corp and they suggest we currently struggle to meet demands of crews. I think we have 6 older class subs currently and they are in different stages of operation.

After or if ever these subs are built/delivered will we have the crews to operate them?
I have mates working in reasonably senior roles at Sub Corp and they suggest we currently struggle to meet demands of crews. I think we have 6 older class subs currently and they are in different stages of operation.
That's a fair question to be asking.

Can't imagine they are very popular in comparison to a lot of other areas in the wider defence force. However, money is a powerful incentive and an increase in dollars for sub crews will probably make them very popular.
Novel idea. Additional danger money in the defense force. That should work.;)

Can't imagine they are very popular in comparison to a lot of other areas in the wider defence force. However, money is a powerful incentive and an increase in dollars for sub crews will probably make them very popular.
Submarine crews have long been paid a premium, over sailors living in the surface world. It takes a special kind of person, to be willing to spend months at a time, living in a glorified tin can, without seeing sunlight or breathing fresh air.

It was bad enough on the diesel-electric submarines, but it must be orders of magnitude worse with nuclear boats, which can remain submerged for months at a time. The Citrus Class subs, and the O-boats before them, had to surface semi-regularly to snorkel - running the diesel enginges, to re-charge the electric batteries. Nuclear subs have no such constraints. Nuclear boats can make their own water and re-cycle the air, and are really only limited by the amount of food required to feed the crew. It's not unusual for them to remain submerged for 3+ months at a time.

Even paying a premium is not enough to motivate most people to live their lives under those conditions. The problem the RAN will face is finding enough of that "special kind of person" who IS willing to do it, particularly in an economic environment where there is almost full employment, and people can (relatively) easily find jobs without this level of suffering and sacrifice.

You might want to check the history of it all.

Morrison, again I'm not being critical of him, as how do we know, blew up the French agreement to much international angst.
Macron made it clear who he thought made the decision...

* the French, we owe them nothing, if anything they owe us. The Wentworth Waffler and the mincing poodle got sucked in by the French into a deal for diesel powered subs (yesterday's technology). The Morrison Government rightly put the kibosh on that ridiculous decision which was if the truth be known all about shoring up the mincing poodle's seat of Sturt with Turnbull stating the subs would be built in Adelaide employing upwards of 2,800 employees. And as we are aware the mincing poodle jumped off the sinking ship as soon as he realised he's about to be in opposition or worse still lose his seat...good riddance to bad rubbish both the Wentworth Waffler and the Mincing Poodle.

Correct. Macron playing to his own constituency doesn't tell us anything about what really happened

* the French, we owe them nothing, if anything they owe us. The Wentworth Waffler and the mincing poodle got sucked in by the French into a deal for diesel powered subs (yesterday's technology). The Morrison Government rightly put the kibosh on that ridiculous decision which was if the truth be known all about shoring up the mincing poodle's seat of Sturt with Turnbull stating the subs would be built in Adelaide employing upwards of 2,800 employees. And as we are aware the mincing poodle jumped off the sinking ship as soon as he realised he's about to be in opposition or worse still lose his seat...good riddance to bad rubbish both the Wentworth Waffler and the Mincing Poodle.

No one is commenting on the French really.

This was to do with why Downer decided to blame Albo for AUKUS when clearly it wasn't his puppy.

Again, these kind of decisions are made, so I'm not criticising anyone.

Are you getting a bit confused? AUKUS is the plan for the nuclear submarines.

Turnbull & Pike's plan was the French submarines, which is the plan which was superseded by AUKUS. AUKUS was indeed Morrison's plan, and was arguably the only positive thing to come out of his entire Govt.

Think poor old Mutineer is starting to show early signs of dementia unfortunately.

Has he at all responded to Bruce Lehrmann being up on more assault charges? Yeh, thought not.

Why would I respond, maybe check out your side of Politics, some very seedy characters on both sides, this bloke was a staffer and best not to comment until until the case is heard and judged I would have thought.

You'd be the one more likely to be demented as shown by your previous posting history on here.
The thing is people should be not judging Lehrmann based on politics, rather his actions.

When there is a recurrent theme coming from many different women, it's bloody unlikely he is innocent like he portrayed exclusively for money on channel 7.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion AUSTRALIAN Politics: Adelaide Board Discussion Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back